• - will attend only TLM Masses

• - will attend most of the times TLM Masses, but sometime also NO Masses

• - will attend anyway your parish Mass, whichever rite it is

• - other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I will continue doing what I do now, that is be a registered parishioner with a TLM only parish. I will be going there every Sunday unless I'm doing something with family and go to their parish instead.

I will go to daily sometimes at a NO parish, unless a TLM daily Mass becomes available which is more logistically convenient.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have to pick the "other" option. I must "wait and see". It's because I don't have much faith that the TLM would even be said--it's been so long in this diocese that it hasn't even been allowed that I doubt any priests even know how. Maybe some Legionnaires of Christ or FSSP will be invited but, we shall see. The knowledge of even some responses in Latin isn't even encouraged one tiny bit at this point.

And without the TLM, the best chance for "reverence" (in this area) is the Byzantine Eastern Catholic Rite, but that is a good distance from me as well.

Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have to pick the "other" option. I must "wait and see". It's because I don't have much faith that the TLM would even be said--it's been so long in this diocese that it hasn't even been allowed that I doubt any priests even know how. Maybe some Legionnaires of Christ or FSSP will be invited but, we shall see. The knowledge of even some responses in Latin isn't even encouraged one tiny bit at this point.

And without the TLM, the best chance for "reverence" (in this area) is the Byzantine Eastern Catholic Rite, but that is a good distance from me as well.

The Legionaires of Christ are not trained in the TLM, from what I know.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'll keep going to my parish church and see what they offer. Seeing that my parish is already very Latin-oriented and orthodox I think there will be TLM masses offered, and then I'll check out what I like best and what is best for us time-wise (as we live a 50-minute drive away from our church - but we plan to move closer). I honestly don't know what to think of it as I've never attended a TLM Mass.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I voted other, because my option really isn't up there...personally, I would prefer the Latin NO...there is one in the next diocese and is about two hours away. :sigh:

However, if my options were limited to the NO the way my parish celebrates it, and a TLM...I'd go TLM.

Peace be with you...Pam

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I voted other, because my option really isn't up there...personally, I would prefer the Latin NO...there is one in the next diocese and is about two hours away. :sigh:

However, if my options were limited to the NO the way my parish celebrates it, and a TLM...I'd go TLM.

Peace be with you...Pam
That's what my church offers, Latin NO.:) I love it.

Upvote 0
I have to drive 155 miles to the nearest TLM, and can only do so on my rest days from work, so I'll continue going to the local NO Mass for Sunday obligation and going to the TLM on some of my rest days.

Hopefully though we might eventually get a TLM here in town, but since this is a small town there's not a huge chance that will happen.

+Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I chose other, I will only attend TLM if a NOM is not available.

Also, the correct name for "NO" is OM (Ordae Missae) NO and NOM are both linguistic games to put Ordae Missae in the most linguistically negative light possible. Everytime I see "NO" I just wonder if the person is using a prejudiced remark, or is just ignorant.

Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,818.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I chose other, I will only attend TLM if a NOM is not available.

Also, the correct name for "NO" is OM (Ordae Missae) NO and NOM are both linguistic games to put Ordae Missae in the most linguistically negative light possible. Everytime I see "NO" I just wonder if the person is using a prejudiced remark, or is just ignorant.

Well, Ordo Missae means "text of the Mass".

There are Ordo Missae of 1570, of 1963, of 1969, of 1975 and many others.

The current Ordo Missae is the 1975 one, that is a slight revision of 1969 one: we call it NO (Novo Ordo, new text) simply to differentiate it from the previous one, that are called TLM (anyway the 1963 text is slightly different from 1570 one)

So I see nothing wrong to use the word NO, but anyway it shall be clear that the ONLY current Ordo, is the NO

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Considering Pope Paul VI called it the Novus Ordo Missae to differentiate it from the other orders of the Mass being discussed, you might want to reexamine such authoritative statements.
Okay, provide a source and I will admit I am 50% wrong. Ordae Missae in every Church document I have seen is referred to as Ordae Missae. How would folks like it if I started saying TL ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.