Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Surprisingly the therapist was black, on the ground with his hands up.

When asked why he shot the therapist the cop said:

"I don't know"

Personally I'm sure the official investigation will show the therapist was holding the patient hostage and had a high powered rifle with a scope pointed a the cop.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/07/21/3800558/police-shoot-therapist-helping-autistic-patient/

Shhh. If you publicize actions like these you're supporting a race war. I learned that on OBOB.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are you implying every scenario where police use force is one and the same?

No silly, I'm responding to accusations made by some here that publicizing those cases where deadly force is used against blacks by police without cause ammounts to promoting and inciting a race war. The more responsible thing, it is tacitly suggested, is to ignore these events.

Upvote 0

Sweet Tooth

Jun 3, 2016
Miami, Florida
✟2,642.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No silly, I'm responding to accusations made by some here that publicizing those cases where deadly force is used against blacks by police without cause ammounts to promoting and inciting a race war. The more responsible thing, it is tacitly suggested, is to ignore these events.

I am unaware of such posts, but I do recall threads and posts quoting and sourcing articles where police shootings were the result of "racism" and nothing more.

The narrative, for instance, with Alton Sterling was that he was shot for selling CDs.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's obvious that there needs to be stricter guidelines who is accepted to be a police officer. There are many slipping through the cracks that should of never been police officers to begin with. Good police officers are being victimized along with everyone else when these things happen.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's obvious that there needs to be stricter guidelines who is accepted to be a police officer. There are many slipping through the cracks that should of never been police officers to begin with. Good police officers are being victimized along with everyone else when these things happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

In spite of some recent unfortunate events, I think we're on the right path in a lot of ways. Body cams will help injustices to be noticed and addressed.

Upvote 0

Sweet Tooth

Jun 3, 2016
Miami, Florida
✟2,642.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship

I recall an article that I read a while back that said some officers need to have some time off to be evaluated by psychologists when they were either present or called to a scene of a crime, especially if the outcome was fatal. The common thing around the police force is that they will either receive some small chit chat here or there or they receive nothing at all.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,263.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
BTW, I do believe that almost all police officers are good.

Yesterday, leaving work, I saw a vanity license plate with Martin Luther King's picture on the back. Although my background is entirely Irish-American, and although I deeply respect Dr. MLK, I would be scared to death to put that license plate on my car--fear of being stopped at night for no reason, etc.

Like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

Courageous anonymous co-worker, I salute you.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for responding in good faith.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In spite of some recent unfortunate events, I think we're on the right path in a lot of ways. Body cams will help injustices to be noticed and addressed.
Thanks for responding in good faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have a little bit of experience being a cop. There definitely are bad apples and there definitely is a reluctance by others to do anything about it. There can be significant pressure to not tell on your "brothers". Maybe that stems from the union element, maybe from the inherent danger of the job, maybe from a desire to bully people with impunity, I don't know. It is real though.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,263.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There was also the twelve year old in Cleveland with a toy weapon, shot at a distance. The policeman drew his weapon and fired immediately. It was appalling. It was like My Lai in Cleveland. My Lai was a Vietnamese village raised by American soldiers who massacred civilians.

Reactions: chandraclaws
Upvote 0

Sweet Tooth

Jun 3, 2016
Miami, Florida
✟2,642.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
There was also the twelve year old in Cleveland with a toy weapon, shot at a distance. The policeman drew his weapon and fired immediately. It was appalling. It was like My Lai in Cleveland. My Lai was a Vietnamese village raised by American soldiers who massacred civilians.

The "toy weapon," as you put it, was an airsoft gun with the orange tip removed, which also prompted the initial call to the police because the individual wasn't sure if Tamir Rice had a real or fake gun.

Upvote 0