Please Pray for Me - Crisis

Sevensong

Mar 18, 2015
✟15,798.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi, everyone. I just joined, after gratefully finding this forum tonight. I'm going through a very difficult struggle at the moment. I'm not sure where to begin, and my head is somewhat foggy due to illness.

But in a nutshell: I've been repeatedly abused in my life, and fallen into some sort of cycle of it. That is to say, predator types, both male and female, always seem to catch the scent of blood around me, zero in, and go for the jugular. Right now, it's particularly frustrating because it's a much younger woman doing the bullying.

I'm a non-traditional student. It was really hard for me to go back to school, and it cost me a lot in more ways than one to find the courage to do it. I often feel out of place and like I stick out and don't belong. Now, after finding a place close to campus that's truly affordable and relatively decent, a new roommate (chosen by landlords) has moved in, and stomps on me every chance she gets. I don't know what exactly it is about me that makes her so mean, but I know bullies always seem to gravitate toward me and she does it cleverly, too, always putting on a nice face around others. I don't even know how to talk to anybody about it because of this - I'm afraid they'll think I'M the mean one, or just crazy.

I've talked to her about how stress affects my health, and that I'm trying to recover from some things, but it just seemed to make her go from bad to worse. She's actively malicious, and goes out of her way to be mean. It's been two months, and it took me a long time to see that she's actually acting from malice and that it's not just misunderstanding - just as in the past it's always taken me a long time to recognize abusers for what they are.

An old therapist told me I always tend to give them the benefit of the doubt, and it's put me in some very dangerous and horrible positions, which I don't even want to think about, sitting here alone in my room. I can easily spiral into traumatic memories and a whirlpool of spiritual and emotional turmoil that I can't easily come out of, and I'm finally at the point where I'm able to control all that enough to function somewhat successfully in life (it's taken years). But this has affected everything from my school work to my health to my sleep now, and she wakes me up on purpose if she can. After repeatedly talking to her about it, in vain, I finally bought earplugs and a $50+ noise-canceling device. At this point, I can see that she classically fits the victimizer personality that my old therapist told me about.

But I haven't been able to afford a therapist for a while. Yet, I don't want this to be a huge setback for me. I know I can't handle it alone anymore, and that God is calling me to reach out for help (I believe that's the good that Jesus wants to bring out of this situation). I'm trying to find a good counselor, but I don't have much money, and it will take some time. I really feel like I need some kind of help now. So I'm very grateful I found these forums.

Please pray for me - that I get through this, and come through in a way that includes the social growth I feel Jesus has in store for me, and that I cooperate with His grace. AND that this young woman stop her destructive behavior, stay away from the house as much as possible for the rest of her lease (very possible since she's a student, too), and that she move out as quickly as possible. It's a semester lease more or less, so I can realistically hope she leaves in about 7.5 weeks, though she has the option of staying into the summer. I really need some relief, so please, please pray that she leave as soon as classes are over. Thank you all for your prayers. (And for reading this far!) Blessings in Christ.

chapmic

Follower of Jesus
Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2014
✟50,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you and the girl that is bullying! Praying for the Lord to keep you strong and encouraged. When people they disrespect you that way that means they are unhappy with the situation in their own life and they try to take their frustrations out on you. Don't let it discourage you however for even our Lord Jesus had to endure hardships, I pray God gives you that same peace despite your situation that you know you are loved and while some people choose not to see it there is definitely greatness in you and God always blesses those who are mourning and humbled. God bless you!

Upvote 0

Ladywind7

Mar 16, 2015
New Zealand
✟8,278.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It seems there is no let up for you. No quiet sanctuary for you to heal from past trauma. You really need to heal and become stronger in Jesus, so you can face all life brings your way. I am praying that your roomate will either improve or be removed. Until this happens I suggest meditating on 1 Corinthians 13. We cant change others, but we can change our response to them. Ask God to help you learn and grow despite your situation. Ask Him for His strength to lift you up above this situation, to have empathy for her, but still maintain your boundaries.

Upvote 0

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
prayer7_zpsc1ak3njx.jpg

Praying for strength
and encouragement
God bless You!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sevensong

Mar 18, 2015
✟15,798.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your prayers, everyone - they're working. She hasn't been as bad as before, though she still does it. She's been staying away from the house more, too. Please keep praying that this continues, and that she leaves me alone - and that I get through the next seven weeks continuing to make the tremendous spiritual progress I've been making. Jesus is using this to draw me closer and make me rely on Him. He's healing me, and I feel He wants to heal a ton of old baggage I've been lugging around for ages. I'm praying that this is what happens.

Upvote 0
C

christsoccer

Hi, everyone. I just joined, after gratefully finding this forum tonight. I'm going through a very difficult struggle at the moment. I'm not sure where to begin, and my head is somewhat foggy due to illness.

But in a nutshell: I've been repeatedly abused in my life, and fallen into some sort of cycle of it. That is to say, predator types, both male and female, always seem to catch the scent of blood around me, zero in, and go for the jugular. Right now, it's particularly frustrating because it's a much younger woman doing the bullying.

I'm a non-traditional student. It was really hard for me to go back to school, and it cost me a lot in more ways than one to find the courage to do it. I often feel out of place and like I stick out and don't belong. Now, after finding a place close to campus that's truly affordable and relatively decent, a new roommate (chosen by landlords) has moved in, and stomps on me every chance she gets. I don't know what exactly it is about me that makes her so mean, but I know bullies always seem to gravitate toward me and she does it cleverly, too, always putting on a nice face around others. I don't even know how to talk to anybody about it because of this - I'm afraid they'll think I'M the mean one, or just crazy.

I've talked to her about how stress affects my health, and that I'm trying to recover from some things, but it just seemed to make her go from bad to worse. She's actively malicious, and goes out of her way to be mean. It's been two months, and it took me a long time to see that she's actually acting from malice and that it's not just misunderstanding - just as in the past it's always taken me a long time to recognize abusers for what they are.

An old therapist told me I always tend to give them the benefit of the doubt, and it's put me in some very dangerous and horrible positions, which I don't even want to think about, sitting here alone in my room. I can easily spiral into traumatic memories and a whirlpool of spiritual and emotional turmoil that I can't easily come out of, and I'm finally at the point where I'm able to control all that enough to function somewhat successfully in life (it's taken years). But this has affected everything from my school work to my health to my sleep now, and she wakes me up on purpose if she can. After repeatedly talking to her about it, in vain, I finally bought earplugs and a $50+ noise-canceling device. At this point, I can see that she classically fits the victimizer personality that my old therapist told me about.

But I haven't been able to afford a therapist for a while. Yet, I don't want this to be a huge setback for me. I know I can't handle it alone anymore, and that God is calling me to reach out for help (I believe that's the good that Jesus wants to bring out of this situation). I'm trying to find a good counselor, but I don't have much money, and it will take some time. I really feel like I need some kind of help now. So I'm very grateful I found these forums.

Please pray for me - that I get through this, and come through in a way that includes the social growth I feel Jesus has in store for me, and that I cooperate with His grace. AND that this young woman stop her destructive behavior, stay away from the house as much as possible for the rest of her lease (very possible since she's a student, too), and that she move out as quickly as possible. It's a semester lease more or less, so I can realistically hope she leaves in about 7.5 weeks, though she has the option of staying into the summer. I really need some relief, so please, please pray that she leave as soon as classes are over. Thank you all for your prayers. (And for reading this far!) Blessings in Christ.
praying for you
:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray:

Upvote 0