• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please help me by praying for me

D

doleo

Hello,

I have lived a sheltered life. I am 31 and have not been with a woman, but have been with men. The last time I had any sexual contact with another man was almost 13 years ago.

Between then and now I have struggled with inappropriate contentography, and have gone in and out of periods where I am being abstinent from relieving myself.

I have done this since I was a kid, and find it difficult not to do this. I do not touch because it always brings bad thoughts. I do not feel like God wants me to.

Even though it has been 13 years since I have been with anyone, I have been tempted frequently when I do not relieve myself. The temptations can be so strong I shake and sweat in resistance.

Now I am in another temptation. I am doing what I need to do. I working at my job very hard, I am praying and reading the Bible, but I do so understanding that the decision is mine and mine alone.

People sometimes ask me if I am OK, and try to pry, but I have to tell them, "You cannot help me, nobody can. Only God can, pray for me please".

Please pray for me my name is David.

I understand that being with another man is as empty as it gets, and the physical experience isn't anything but pain. I understand this, and I understand it is only trying to fulfill a desire that God has put in us for a mate (Of the opposite sex) yet I am tempted like I need it like a man who hasn't had water in 2 days wants to drink the tall glass of icewater sitting in front of him.

I know God has a mate for me. I understand that. I know God doesn't want me to fall. I have come to realize, that the only thing that matters in life is your mate. Not your house, or your job, or your car, or even your friends.

The experience you share with your spouse in intimacy is the height of what we have here on this earth. If isn't, it is because you have given up on being friends, and have lost sight of what matters most.

I know that God has wonderful things for me. I have suffered so much. I am so tired. I just want it all to end. Nobody who hasn't withstood homosexual temptation can understand what I am trying to say. But you can pray for me, as one person who understands Jesus Christ is Gods son and the ONLY way to Heaven.

javierc87

May 18, 2011
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"I have come to realize, that the only thing that matters in life is your mate. Not your house, or your job, or your car, or even your friends.

The experience you share with your spouse in intimacy is the height of what we have here on this earth. If isn't, it is because you have given up on being friends, and have lost sight of what matters most."
The way I see things is that here on this earth what matters most is your salvation and loving GOD and loving your neighbors as yourself. You should try to shift you mindset more on GOD than getting a spouse. I understand what you are going through as far as the homosexual thoughts and resisting temptations, but when you get those temptations you should pray and push into GOD for strength. Also you can try fasting, that helps me with my temptations.When you have a temptation, that should be a trigger that you need to pray and lean on GOD like crazy. Read a scripture that can empower you when having a temptation like Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
I hope I helped. I will pray for you.

Upvote 0
D

doleo

Thank you for the kind words and prayers.

I respectfully disagree with you. God says in His Word to love your wife like He loves the church. So many men have no concept of this today, and is it any wonder? Divorce has never been higher.

When I say our spouses should mean everything, I mean on Earth. God has to be number one. I struggle with this, as everyone does. But on Earth, in life, your spouse should be your everything. God created union between spouses to be one of the highest achievable experiences two people can have.

I do not believe that loving your neighbor should trump your love for your spouse. Will your neighbor make you dinner every night? Will you go to bed with your friend? These things God has set aside as special for a man and a woman who are joined together in His Holy Matrimony.

Please also understand I am not looking for a spouse. God has told me He would provide her. I need to be as ready for her as she will be for me, and that takes time and agony. Maybe because I have never "been" with a woman I can see these things clearly. I don't know. But I do know that men who are in love with their spouses, who treat them like God loves His Church have better ministries. God blesses that.

Upvote 0
R

Robin Shawn

David, sin keeps us from knowing God, and that is the worst feeling in the world: not to know our Creator and have the prescence of the Holy Spirit. Continue to turn away from everything that has kept you from knowing Him. It sounds to me as if you are on the right path of repentance. I have come to know that God's purpose for sexuality is conceiving babies, and knowing that has changed me so that I don't struggle with my sexuality anymore.

I will pray for you.

Upvote 0