United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
OK--apparently I can ask questions---so------

I am honestly wanting to know what the Catholic parents of a baby born with both sets of genitalia should do. There are many in the Philippines, and that has a large Catholic population, and I have no numbers, so don't know how many Catholic parents have been faced with this, if any.

2. What is the explanation for a child who exhibits behavior that is not consistent with their sex. As in, my friends child at the age of 2 was not acting like her other little girls--the mother felt there was something wrong, but just kept doing little girl stuff with her and trying to dress her more frilly and such--though the child objected and as she got older, her behavior became more and more male. When at 16 she finally went crying to her mother and told her she had never felt she was a girl, like her sisters, and felt she was a male, her mother was not surprised. The father felt as most people on here do, and rejected her, the mother refused to turn her back on her child, the marriage broke up---the girl is now a man having gone through all the hormones and next is the surgery. The mother feels that her child should have been a boy and accepts him, the father refuses to even to speak to him.
How does a 2 year old child choose this kind of behavior and have those kind of feelings about themselves?? Ask any transgender, they will say they always felt they were in the wrong body, can't remember ever being t peace with themselves over this--how do children choose this, esp the older ones that did not have the exposer to other transgenders, and it was not discussed at all by anyone back then.

3. What about the twins that I posted about--the one twin was born with both sets and they surgically removed one set and brought her up as a female, then at the right age she was given hormones--in spite of the surgery, and the hormones, she felt she was gay as she was attracted to females, and she had exhibited male behavior throughout her early years. It was later determined that the doctors and parents had chosen to have the wrong set of genitalia removed, they stopped the hormones and she transgendered. How can that be if what you say is true??--

I am not trying to change church doctrine--I am trying to understand. I was in the medical field for nearly 30 years and had occasion to talk to the parents and the transgenders themselves. It was heart breaking to hear of their suffering and confusion. If this is a mental problem, no one knows how to fix it, no one has any medication and what are they supposed to do??? If this was your child, what you do?? Right now, they have no answer but surgery to bring an end to this suffering.
These people feel rejected by everybody, including God--for they feel they are not a part of God's creation as that is what they are told over and over. They learn to keep company with others like them just to feel accepted. What is the solution according to your church??

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am honestly wanting to know what the Catholic parents of a baby born with both sets of genitalia should do.
I think the answer is that they are called to live a celibate life. But I think since "intersex" births are so rare it doesn't generally apply to the issue of "transgender" since most who identify as "transgender" are born as one sex but want to be the other.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think the answer is that they are called to live a celibate life. But I think since "intersex" births are so rare it doesn't generally apply to the issue of "transgender" since most who identify as "transgender" are born as one sex but want to be the other.

I think it would also depend on whether either set of genitals were functional.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Living a celibate is not what I was referring to. The issue, for now, is what is to be done to help them with this disorder--what is to be done to eliminate the mental anguish of not having the appearance of the sex they feel they are. It's not a question of who they have sex with.

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Living a celibate is not what I was referring to. The issue, for now, is what is to be done to help them with this disorder--what is to be done to eliminate the mental anguish of not having the appearance of the sex they feel they are. It's not a question of who they have sex with.

....and further, which lockerroom should they use? Or are they called to abstain from public locker rooms and competetive athletics?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
. As in, my friends child at the age of 2 was not acting like her other little girls--the mother felt there was something wrong, but just kept doing little girl stuff with her and trying to dress her more frilly and such--though the child objected and as she got older, her behavior became more and more male. When at 16 she finally went crying to her mother and told her she had never felt she was a girl, like her sisters, and felt she was a male,

I think this shows the a problem with gender stereotypes
a girl is not less of a girl because she does not like frilly things
if you do not fit into this little cookie cutter you are called "less of a man" or "less of a woman"

my personality, and the way I think about things, often do not line up with what is seen as the "modern American male"
I am not very competitive, I am seen as overly emotional, many of my tastes, my sense of aesthetics, and various other things make me stand out a little
I have been mistaken for a homosexual before
I can see some people getting confused by such things, especially if their differences are far more pronounced then mine, thinking that something is wrong with them, that they are "not really" male or female
we can also see how the media objectifies the female body, leading to many bigger women being led to feel like that they are "not really women" (friends of mine have said this is how they feel because of their size"

the problem is not with my temperament or with my friends size
the problem is with the culture

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
my personality, and the way I think about things, often do not line up with what is seen as the "modern American male"
I am not very competitive, I am seen as overly emotional, many of my tastes, my sense of aesthetics, and various other things make me stand out a little
I have been mistaken for a homosexual before

I understand this. My brother often takes me to task for my "unfeminine" tastes. I like my steaks blood rare, my whiskey neat or maybe with one ice cube, red wine is my "go to" drink. Until Fat Tuesday, I would even smoke the occasional cigar. I also spend a lot of time at the gun range, and generally carry wherever I go.

As far as the sexual component goes, I have no interest in men. I have been accused of being a lesbian, but I have no interest in women either. I am actually asexual.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think this shows the a problem with gender stereotypes
a girl is not less of a girl because she does not like frilly things
if you do not fit into this little cookie cutter you are called "less of a man" or "less of a woman"

Just to maybe give your mind some peace, this is not really used to diagnose GD in people either.

This can be symptomatic of someone who is gender dysphoric, but not necessarily so. Tomboys, for example, most often identify themselves as females throughout their lives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.