✟371.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
dmp said:
I hate liberals...for reasons like this. :(

hmmmm

The decision to remove the pistol had more to do with a consensus when picking from several designs of the new logo, rather than any push for the mascot to stop brandishing a weapon, Boston said.

He acknowledged there are mixed feelings among alumni, but said he has heard more positive feedback than negative

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
The article contains an explicit statement to the effect that the new mascot was NOT chosen as a result of concerns about the weapon, and still it triggers an outbreak of PC bashing? The only political correctness I see in this issue is a concerted effort to malign those who don't share the values of the PC bashers.

Reactions: tiggercat
Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love how everyone is going on about how it was all a PC decision, etc. When the article says:

"The decision to remove the pistol had more to do with a consensus when picking from several designs of the new logo, rather than any push for the mascot to stop brandishing a weapon, Boston said."

It doesn't seem that it was about the weapon, it was just about simple design. Schools residesign mascots at times. My school had the Dragon for a mascot. It used to look mean and thin. Now it looks kinda short and fat and comical (I guess to better mirror the performance of our sports teams).

Reactions: tiggercat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tiggercat

Aug 8, 2005
✟371.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
trunks2k said:
I love how everyone is going on about how it was all a PC decision, etc. When the article says:

"The decision to remove the pistol had more to do with a consensus when picking from several designs of the new logo, rather than any push for the mascot to stop brandishing a weapon, Boston said."

It doesn't seem that it was about the weapon, it was just about simple design. Schools residesign mascots at times. My school had the Dragon for a mascot. It used to look mean and thin. Now it looks kinda short and fat and comical (I guess to better mirror the performance of our sports teams).

I tired to point that out but you know those darn liberals ruining the country.

Upvote 0