Pictures of Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Was God happy when the Israelites were just holding on to an idol?

"sanctify the people, and say, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow: for thus saith the LORD God of Israel, There is an accursed thing in the midst of thee, O Israel: thou canst not stand before thine enemies, until ye take away the accursed thing from among you." (Joshua 7:13).

Why would God change His mind on something like this?

If so, then what NT verse shows that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well I think realistically a lot of unpleasant things have been said by people on both sides. However this is a hot buttoned issue; I do not intend to report you, but I would say if you do not self-identify as a Nicene Christian, then in the interests of avoiding any unpleasantness with another member we might wish to move this conversation over to Controversial Theology or start a new thread there, and I would be happy to continue this discussion with you on that forum.

However I was under the impression that you did not object to Nicea; your statement of faith did not suggest a disagreement with it. We are lf course talking in this instamce about the first council of Nicea in 325 and the Council of Constantinople in 381, and not the Second Council of Nicea in 787 which anathemarized iconoclasm; my own church was not at Nicea II although we agree with its iconographic theology.

Truth is not determined by some counsel. A believer is guided into truth in God's Word by the Spirit. Besides, as I said before, the destruction of idols was not a later event in history. That is just silly. The Bible records God commanding his people to destroy idols.

The verse I posted in my previous post is just one of them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.