Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Plan B is not an abortion pill, for an abortion to take place you must be pregnant. Plan B prevents the pregnancy, it is no more an abortion than a condom.

EDIT: I think I'm going to start calling condoms abortion rubbers!

Well, the argument often used is that the morning after pill can prevent the implantation of a fertilized egg. Just about every resource I've seen has defined pregnancy as being when implantation occurs, but that's sorta irrelevant. The people who would be against the morning after pill for that reason still see a fertilized embryo as a human life.

But, the stuff I've read has said the prevention of implantation is pretty much a theoretical thing. Nobody is sure if that actually happens.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The morning after pill is reffered to as the abortion pill.

NO NO NO NO NO

It is not the abortion pill. The abortion pill was a completely other drug that caused abortion up to several weeks of pregnancy. The morning after pill is a large dose of birth control hormone and acts in the EXACT SAME MANNER as a birth control pill. There is NO proof that birth control causes fertilized embryos to fail to implant, and can never terminate a pregnancy (i.e. cause an abortion). Those who initially called it the abortion pill did so to confuse people, causing them to associate it with the actual abortion pill. Those who repeat the mistruth are simply spreading the deception they were told by someone they trusted.

Upvote 0

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
NO NO NO NO NO

It is not the abortion pill. The abortion pill was a completely other drug that caused abortion up to several weeks of pregnancy. The morning after pill is a large dose of birth control hormone and acts in the EXACT SAME MANNER as a birth control pill. There is NO proof that birth control causes fertilized embryos to fail to implant, and can never terminate a pregnancy (i.e. cause an abortion). Those who initially called it the abortion pill did so to confuse people, causing them to associate it with the actual abortion pill. Those who repeat the mistruth are simply spreading the deception they were told by someone they trusted.

Well, people who think of Plan B as some kind of abortion pill, I don't think they really understand how pregnancy happens.

I've always wanted to post this:^_^
http://websrvr40nj.audiovideoweb.com/avwebdsnjwebsrvr4501/portal/media/media-050516-pregnancy.html

Upvote 0

SeraphymCrashing

Jun 21, 2007
✟16,161.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0