Pentecostal trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brooke4Jesus

When I was talking to a friend they said that they didnt believe in the trinity. The go to a pentecostal church but they said they dont believe in it. I asked them if it was heresy but they said that it isn't heresy and that there are biblical refrences that the Father, son, and the Holy spirit are not one. Uh... Explain this??

Reactions: mle

TwistrAndy

TwistrAndy
Mar 1, 2004
Huntersville, NC
✟414.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Just for Clarification---

It's not a holiness Pentecostal Doctrine. It's a Oneness Pentecostal Doctrine, found in the Apostolic Church and United Pentecostal Church. There are Holiness Churches (like the Church of God) that preach the trinity, and believe in the trinity. While most Oneness Churches are Holiness, there are Trinitarian Pentecostals that adhere to the Holiness Doctrine as well, that are in the Church of God, and Assemblies of God, and the Pentecostal HOLINESS Church (Trinitarian). So it's a Oneness Thing, not a Holiness. It just sounds like you're saying that if you're a Holiness Pentecostal then you don't believe in the trinity, and that's not entirely true.

Reactions: mle
Upvote 0

Pac Shady

Jul 18, 2005
Cairns, Australia
Visit site
✟15,591.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
Brooke4Jesus said:
I didnt know that. are they not concidered christians?

Oneness Pentecostals aren't considered Christian because they deny some of the basic doctrines of the Christian faith. One of these is that they deny the Trinity.

A list of what the Oneness churches teach can be found here: What does Oneness Pentecostal teach?

God Bless

'Shady

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
TwistrAndy said:
Just for Clarification---

It's not a holiness Pentecostal Doctrine. It's a Oneness Pentecostal Doctrine, found in the Apostolic Church and United Pentecostal Church. There are Holiness Churches (like the Church of God) that preach the trinity, and believe in the trinity. While most Oneness Churches are Holiness, there are Trinitarian Pentecostals that adhere to the Holiness Doctrine as well, that are in the Church of God, and Assemblies of God, and the Pentecostal HOLINESS Church (Trinitarian). So it's a Oneness Thing, not a Holiness. It just sounds like you're saying that if you're a Holiness Pentecostal then you don't believe in the trinity, and that's not entirely true.

Aarrgh - thanks for the correction. I've edited my post. :sorry:

Upvote 0

TwistrAndy

TwistrAndy
Mar 1, 2004
Huntersville, NC
✟414.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Newlamb,

I just had to sit back and chuckle, at what you put under your reason for editing. I know you didn't do it on purpose, just a mistake, like we all make.

You made me laugh today (not in a bad way), I'm just sometimes easily amused, at anything that can be funny, and now is that time.

Upvote 0

Heinrich

Jul 16, 2003
Western Cape
✟762.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All this one/trinity/3seperate stuff confuse me normally.
Why?
Because it seems to come down to terms (and my english sucks).
It's almost like we are trying to work out a technical specification for the whole thing and then start shouting at each other ;)

I guess most people find it confusing that the bible start in the OT with God saying "I am ONE"
And then in the NT we have the father, son and HS stuff.
But is it really that difficult?

God said in the beginning that when a man marry a women they become one. Yet nobody will ever say your wrong if you look at them and say they are 2, yet they are one :D

Its not maths!

O well whatever.
I love Jesus
I love the Father
I love the Holy Spirit
I LOVE GOD! :)

hehehehe
bye
-Heinrich

Upvote 0

Pac Shady

Jul 18, 2005
Cairns, Australia
Visit site
✟15,591.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
Heinrich said:
All this one/trinity/3seperate stuff confuse me normally.
Why?
Because it seems to come down to terms (and my english sucks).
It's almost like we are trying to work out a technical specification for the whole thing and then start shouting at each other ;)

I guess most people find it confusing that the bible start in the OT with God saying "I am ONE"
And then in the NT we have the father, son and HS stuff.
But is it really that difficult?

God said in the beginning that when a man marry a women they become one. Yet nobody will ever say your wrong if you look at them and say they are 2, yet they are one :D

Its not maths!

O well whatever.
I love Jesus
I love the Father
I love the Holy Spirit
I LOVE GOD! :)

hehehehe
bye
-Heinrich

AMEN :amen:

We spend too much time trying to define God by our simple logic. Sometimes we forget that God surpasses ALL logic ;) That includes maths!

God Bless

'Shady

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AbelaJohnB

Mar 8, 2003
Eureka, California
Visit site
✟15,186.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heinrich said:

Just to make a point of correction here... in the first book of the Holy Text we have the Triune Godhead using the clear and destinct terms "us" and "our" (both plural terms, not singular") when it states, "Let US make man in OUR own image".

This is one verse of the Holy Text that provides us two very clear terms of the Trinue Godhead being non-singular.

Additionally we see all three parts of the Trinue Godhead in the "old testament" of the Holy Text. We see the Spirit hovering over the face of the Earth. We see the Son appearing in His Glorified form, and we see the Father appearing to Moses.

There is more than ample points in the OT to point to the Triune Godhead.

Upvote 0

Qadesh

Oct 3, 2005
Dubbo NSW Australia
✟7,619.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
AbelaJohnB said:
Just to make a point of correction here... in the first book of the Holy Text we have the Triune Godhead using the clear and destinct terms "us" and "our" (both plural terms, not singular") when it states, "Let US make man in OUR own image".

This is one verse of the Holy Text that provides us two very clear terms of the Trinue Godhead being non-singular.

Additionally we see all three parts of the Trinue Godhead in the "old testament" of the Holy Text. We see the Spirit hovering over the face of the Earth. We see the Son appearing in His Glorified form, and we see the Father appearing to Moses.

There is more than ample points in the OT to point to the Triune Godhead.

I agree ... and would like to add that I think the time frame of each of these terms has some significance. In the OT the "children" of Israel were involved with the "Father" and their relationship with God was perhaps limited to that. They did not personally know the "Son" or the "Holy Ghost". Those who were around at the time of Jesus were able to have a knowledge of the "Father" and the "Son". When the Holy Spirit was poured out we were able to have a personal knowledge and experience of the "Father", "Son" and "Holy Ghost". We have been baptised in the name (the renown) of the Father Son and the Holy Ghost. We have received of his fullness.

Upvote 0

Reazzurro90

Completamente Pentecostale - FORZA ITALIA
Sep 26, 2005
✟574.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
These are Oneness Pentecostals, as others have stated, and are not Christians.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." (Genesis 1:26)

Clear enough in my opinion....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pac Shady

Jul 18, 2005
Cairns, Australia
Visit site
✟15,591.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
Live2Worship said:
No mind can comprehend God, why do we try so hard to define Him and fit Him into our box of acceptability.

Just let HIm do what He wants, we will be much better off anyways!

We're not trying to fit Him into a box. We just accept His Word as Truth ;)

God Bless

'Shady

Upvote 0

Reazzurro90

Completamente Pentecostale - FORZA ITALIA
Sep 26, 2005
✟574.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Live2Worship said:
No mind can comprehend God, why do we try so hard to define Him and fit Him into our box of acceptability.

Just let HIm do what He wants, we will be much better off anyways!

Of course we cannot comprehend God, but the Church needs a clear and stable doctrine to which to operate on. Of course that doesn't mean we should be legalistic, but if we wipe out doctrine entirely, we'll end up being like those New Agers.

Upvote 0

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
newlamb said:
Sounds like a Oneness Pentacostal - different entirely from normal pentacostal denominations like AOG and COG. CF does not allow them to post in the Christian only area.
Thats exactly what I was going to say.. Sounds like a Oneness Pentecostal

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.