Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I want to know how he got through security..

That's what I want to know. Either he sailed through security because of the holiday rush, or the materials used together are approved for carry-on. It said in the article he had set a pillow on fire. I do know you can take small quantities of matches on airplanes. After this? Probably not.

All I can say is thank God for brave passengers on that plane who were willing to put their lives in harm's way to stop this would-be terrorist.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
If you cannot smoke on flights, why are you allowed to take matches on board? I understand the need for people to smoke while they are waiting at the airports, but matches and lighters shouldn`t be allowed on board period.

Either way, no way this individual should have made it through security to do something like this.

Upvote 0
E

explodingboy

If you cannot smoke on flights, why are you allowed to take matches on board? I understand the need for people to smoke while they are waiting at the airports, but matches and lighters shouldn`t be allowed on board period.

Either way, no way this individual should have made it through security to do something like this.

I don't think you have to make it through security judging by Sanfransico airport where I was last week. They were selling lighters and aerosol cans at the gift shop 10ft from the boarding gate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
If we want to claim this person is an Islamic terrorist, then he succeeded in spreading the fear even though nobody was hurt. There will be investigations and increased security measures....not to mention everybody questioning anybody who looks or acts like a Muslim.

....and yep I agree, he should be shot.

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It seems that being an incompetent buffoon is just as much an essential part of being a terrorist nowadays as being a radical Islamist. I mean, this guy wasn't even capable of killing himself- he could barely achieve more than the second degree, agonizing scar for life on his leg. What an idiot. What a complete humiliating idiot he looks like in front of the Western media and the al Queda bosses he supposedly works for. Obviously, I'm not complaining that he failed. He's just an idiot. I almost feel that with buffoons like this being the worst threat to the West, who needs security anyway?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Caitlin.ann

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think he boarded the plane in the US. So, would he have gone through US security if he boarded in another country?
He boarded originally in Nigeria which has poor security in comparison to the US and other countries. He had a connection in (I believe) the Netherlands, however once he was in the system it was already too late.

I flew internationally to Canada but I dare say there is a huge difference between Canadian and American airport security vs. European. However I can not say for certain since I have never flown outside of North America.

Upvote 0