Palestinians used Bible as toilet paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Muslims' desecration of holy book received little notice.

While Muslims have responded with deadly outrage to the now-retracted report by Newsweek of alleged Quran desecration by U.S. interrogators, there was little outcry three years ago when Islamic terrorists holed up in Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity reportedly used the Bible as toilet paper.

Catholic priests in the church marking the spot where Jesus was believed to have been born said that during the five-week siege, Palestinians tore up some Bibles for toilet paper and removed many valuable sacramental objects, according to a May 15, 2002, report by the Washington Times.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44324

Abuna

May 11, 2005
Fremont, CA
✟15,370.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey anyone that will blow up them selves and kill many innocent people are capable of almost anything. So wether or not that story is true doesnt really matter to me. I bet they've already done stuff like that. If you dont value human life how much less the Bible.

Upvote 0

Ninja Turtles

Secrecy and Accountability Cannot Co-Exist
Jan 18, 2005
✟3,971.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Abuna said:
Hey anyone that will blow up them selves and kill many innocent people are capable of almost anything. So wether or not that story is true doesnt really matter to me. I bet they've already done stuff like that. If you dont value human life how much less the Bible.
You do realize that these are religious fanatics. It's not that they don't value human life, it's that they justify their heinous acts through religion. The Bible is respected in Islam, Jesus is accepted as a prophet, so it would make no sense for people considered religious extremists to use the Bible as toilet paper.

This is just a garbage article put out so people can spread misinformation about the Muslims desecrating the Bible.

Reactions: feral and k
Upvote 0

Norseman

EAC Representative
Apr 29, 2004
Currently in China
✟13,677.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Abuna said:

No. Worldnetdaily does not make real news. Ever. I dare you to find one article written by them which can actually be verified. Browse their website for 5 minutes. That's all I'm asking. You decide if they make believeable news.

While we're on the subject though, I'm ashamed to admit in a time of need I used the bible. I kept it in the bathroom for reading material, but when there was no toilet paper... :sorry: :o Is this the right place to be confessing my sins?

Edit: I mean/meant no disrespect, to anyone, I think a lot of what's in the Bible is actually pretty respectable stuff. I just don't consider it a holy book. Well, not the OT at least.

Upvote 0

Norseman

EAC Representative
Apr 29, 2004
Currently in China
✟13,677.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
S Walch said:
Yeah, so much respect for it that they claim it's been corrupted, and made into a lie, and there's like, 3 verses that are true.

Yup, the uttermost respect indeed :doh:

Still, browse their website. I'm pretty sure you'll find they don't have any reliable news articles.

Upvote 0

Norseman

EAC Representative
Apr 29, 2004
Currently in China
✟13,677.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Whoops, sorry everyone, I was thinking of weekly world news. I've browsed though worldnetdaily and I've seen some believeable articles, so I'm a little more neutral about the possibility of this being true. They aren't as bad as weekly world news, but they've still got a lot of extremely questionable stuff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Norseman

EAC Representative
Apr 29, 2004
Currently in China
✟13,677.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Read this article: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44284

"Fifteen dead, scores injured, relief buildings burned down.

Years of coalition-building with the Muslim world against terrorist fanatics set back.

That's the toll to date for a brief story about a U.S. prison guard throwing a Quran down the toilet – a story Newsweek now admits it got wrong..."

Upvote 0

Machjo

Veteran
Oct 29, 2004
✟2,681.00
Faith
Other Religion
S Walch said:
Yeah, so much respect for it that they claim it's been corrupted, and made into a lie, and there's like, 3 verses that are true.

Yup, the uttermost respect indeed :doh:

Different Muslims will react to the Bible differently, in the same way different Christians react to the OT. Some Christians try to interpret the Bible simbolically enough to ensure they can include Jesus in the OTsomehow, while others, while saying the NT is literal, will make an exception for at least those parts of the OT which can fit Jesus in any way.

So it's the same with Muslims. Some actually try to find how, precicely, Muhammad fulfilled the prophecies of the Bible, while others will just dismiss it saying, well, the original Bible was corrupted. And yet others who will just accept both as true and, if there's a part they don't understand, "Oh well, it's a mistery". Same thing.

So it's not possible to throw all Muslims in the same pot. Granted most Muslims today are of the opinion that it's been corrupted, but it hadn't always been like that in history. And its also worth mentionning that while most scholars of Islam will also hold to that belief, there is still a large number who would still hold the Bible as reliable, even today. So it's not particularly fair to generalise like that.

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
✟13,683.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The Quran tells them that the bible is corrupt, therefore, if Muslims adhier to the Quran, then that's what most of them will believe.

There's a very big difference between chrsitians and muslims.

For one, we don't claim the OT to be corrupt at all, yet the quran states that the Bible is now corrupt from what it once was.

Upvote 0
F

fieldy

Robert43 said:
Muslims' desecration of holy book received little notice.

While Muslims have responded with deadly outrage to the now-retracted report by Newsweek of alleged Quran desecration by U.S. interrogators, there was little outcry three years ago when Islamic terrorists holed up in Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity reportedly used the Bible as toilet paper.

Catholic priests in the church marking the spot where Jesus was believed to have been born said that during the five-week siege, Palestinians tore up some Bibles for toilet paper and removed many valuable sacramental objects, according to a May 15, 2002, report by the Washington Times.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44324

Who cares? Even if it's true there's no reason to make a big deal of someone disrespecting the bible. God does not need us to defend him. Does is not seem arrogant to want to defend God's word?? It's not like anyone can threaten him. Some people just need to worry about things that actually matter and affect people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sin_vladimirov

Not anymore
Apr 18, 2005
✟1,549.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll tell you one thing. Ask any moslem in any part of the world, where he lives in a predominatly non-moslem country if he has any rights to worship taken away from him.

Whenever moslems are in majority, God help the minority.
Whenever moslems are in minority, God help the majority.

I know. I was born in Bosnia, lived in Serbia and now I am in a grottle of islam, Saudi Arabia.

My rights?! Dont be stupid. If you are an infidel, you are as worth as a speck of dust.

Pitty they need me.

How naive all of you are, sorry, very naive. While you are giving them a chance, they are taking over the world. Islam is not a religion of peace. Do not be stupid.

It is a religion of the war. Always was, always will be. Read the history.

Upvote 0

Machjo

Veteran
Oct 29, 2004
✟2,681.00
Faith
Other Religion
S Walch said:
The Quran tells them that the bible is corrupt, therefore, if Muslims adhier to the Quran, then that's what most of them will believe.

There's a very big difference between chrsitians and muslims.

For one, we don't claim the OT to be corrupt at all, yet the quran states that the Bible is now corrupt from what it once was.

Reference vrerses of the Qur'an:

To name a few, and that's not even looking at the ahadith. When Muhammad made reference to corruption of the word of God, some Muslims, including scholars, interpret it as corruption with their mouths (i.e., interpreting the Bible according to their own false notions, and not necessarily rewriting the Bible with pen and paper) in the same way people corrupt the word of God every day by misinterpreting His word. Yet there are plenty of quotes which even encourage the believers to read the word of God "which is" with them.

So I'd like to know where the idea that the Qur'an says the the text was literally corrupted comes from. Effectively, that comes from a particular interpretation of certain verses which have indeed become popular in the last century or so, but that still doesn't mean the Qur'an itself necessarily states it (i.e., whether the Qur'an states such or not is open to debate, according to how one understands teh said verse). It's comments like these which make me think world religons ought to be a compulsory subject for all students in school.

Upvote 0

rahma

FUNdamentalist
Jan 15, 2004
between a frozen wastelan and a wast desert
Visit site
✟16,435.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If muslims desecrate the bible or a church, they are not following the example of the Prophet Muhammad (saws), who made several treaties with christian groups to protect them

http://www.al-bushra.org/mos-chr/charter.htm

"This is a message from Muhammad Ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.

Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

No compulsion is to be on them.

Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.

No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses.

Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight.

The Muslims are to fight for them.

If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.

Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.

No one of the Muslim community is to disobey this covenant till the Last Day(end of the world)." --Muhammad(saw)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.