N/A
✟152,156.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Obesity is a complicated problem, but America being one of the fattest country's in the world fits with the standard model of obesity. Sedentary lifestyle is part of the picture, but so is the food environment.

If you want to learn more about the standard model of obesity, I recommend the Youtube channel Physionic. The author of the channel is a metabolomic research scientist.

Here's one of Nicholaus' videos exploring the carbohydrate-insulin model of obesity, vs. the standard calorie model (he favors the standard model, but discusses both on his channel).

I am talking about the city design in the USA and how its hard for common Americans to buy a healthy food or to have time for a healthy cooking at home, even if they wanted to.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟32,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad I'm open-minded and can look at various forms of information. Can anyone tell me false information from the video? You also have to consider metabolism disruptors.
Not everybody back then was eating 3,000 calories a day. That was simply a common recommendation for men at the time, based on limited science and public health policy. Most people were not counting calories.
And yet they didn't have the obesity.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,267,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm glad I'm open-minded and can look at various forms of information. Can anyone tell me false information from the video?

You also have to consider metabolism disruptors.

Everything I've seen suggests they play a minor role at best. If you want to avoid metabolism disruptors, avoid fish, as they tend to have the highest concentrations of any food, at least here in the US.

And yet they didn't have the obesity.

Be careful with wondering here. There were indeed obese people in the 1950's. They were just relatively rarer.

What was different was the food environment. In 1970, most food companies were still relatively small as compared to today, they didn't necessarily have legions of shareholders demanding return on their investments, and food advertising and availability were more limited. Food prices were higher than today, when adjusted for inflation, and actually started going up in the 1970's, which is one of the things that lead Nixon to implementing price controls and the government started looking into agricultural policies favoring companies producing cheaper foods (which may be related to where we are today).

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,267,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I am talking about the city design in the USA and how its hard for common Americans to buy a healthy food or to have time for a healthy cooking at home, even if they wanted to.

That's part of the picture, but it's only a part. Some people commute to places to work far from home, spending hours every day in traffic, and don't have time to cook healthier food consistently. However, other people simply choose unhealthy foods for other reasons. In the US, eating at restaurants has been encouraged by various local, state, and even federal governments (perhaps as a way to create jobs during economic downturns), so it's become part of the culture for some people.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,267,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
You too. Did you find anything in the video that was false?

I never claimed the video presented blatantly false information, merely that the overall portrayal was misleading.

Facts can still be presented in a misleading way, or in a way that ignores actual evidence that leads to a clearer conclusion, albeit one not favoring the desired agenda.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟356,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just like covid 19, throw caution to the wind. On the news yesterday, more dangers from the two and their copies. Mass inoculation, It's all about mind control and Americans fall for it to their destruction..

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,267,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Just like covid 19, throw caution to the wind. On the news yesterday, more dangers from the two and their copies. Mass inoculation, It's all about mind control and Americans fall for it to their destruction..

Is this a health and fitness forum, or the conspiracy forum?

Upvote 0