✟143,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually it's justified.

In this case, the suspect demonstrated the willingness to use lethal force to evade capture. He essentially declared himself a danger to all police and the public at large.

If he's willing to kill to escape, yes, he can be shot in the back.
If he was armed and presents a danger to the public he could be shot in the back to protect life. I'm not sure that's the case here. With the attitude DAs and the public have about the police these days I wouldn't shoot someone in the back unless they had just attempted murder and were trying to escape and armed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaviathan

Feb 19, 2015
Cape Cod
✟31,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not to sound funny, but Cops should have Phasers set to stun. I bet the technology is readily available. Leave the bullets for the Tactical Teams. 12 Gauge or larger beanbags can knock a guy down too

Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not to sound funny, but Cops should have Phasers set to stun. I bet the technology is readily available. Leave the bullets for the Tactical Teams. 12 Gauge or larger beanbags can knock a guy down too
How about you try doing the job armed with a taser and see how it works out for you.

• Agree
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,458.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If the man was running away then he is not a threat to the officers. If they take the job as a police they are swearing an oath and are voluntarily putting their lives on the line. The question then becomes if they really are serving and protecting the public and enforcing the law, or if they are really race soldiers enforcing white supremacy under the color of law.

One might conclude, in allot of cases that, it's the latter when they see that there is a double standard when it comes to how white people are treated. For example, a white person points a loaded gun at the police in a stand-off and does get shot, like Cliven Bundy, who was also acquitted later by an all white jury. Guys who are mass shooters like Dillon Roof, or the recent one in Buffalo, don't end up getting shot, despite the fact they have a gun and killed allot of people. Or, lets look at the January 6, 2020 insurrection. Would you say that crowd loved the police? Were they the blue lives matter crowd? Folks you are being gaslighted by the police and by the narrative that they and right-win

That's why anyone arguing for the police can only be taken with a grain of salt. When it benefits them and they are the recipients of a power advantage than its easy to stick up for the police. However, when it does not benefit them then they attack the police just like anyone else who they claim are anti-police or anti-white, etc.... Did you notice how the white insurrectionists got very light sentences for taking over the White House? It becomes a selfish argument rather than one based on principle.

Ask yourself this...would you still stand up for the police if a white person or someone you knew was shot by a Black, Muslim or other diversity hire working as the police? Or would your support for the police end there? Where was the blue lives matter crowd for Mohammad Noor or Derrick Strafford? These are cops who where thrown under the bus, who were legitimate worried about their lives but shot ONE fatal shot at a white person. Do you notice when it's a black cop they end up going to jail for 40 years? He did not shoot 10 or 60 shots and aim to kill like the suspect was an animal...no, it's just one unfortunate accidental shot that he had to make to do his duty and they get thrown under the bus and under the jail. Where is the blue lives matter crowd for him?
Great questions...if only I could answer them. I could ask my brown Burmese advisor to see what he says, but all he can say is: "Meow!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
If he was armed and presents a danger to the public he could be shot in the back to protect life. I'm not sure that's the case here. With the attitude DAs and the public have about the police these days I wouldn't shoot someone in the back unless they had just attempted murder and were trying to escape and armed

...and yet you don't see white mass shooters killed by the police. Chicago, Buffalo, etc....

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,458.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You concede. Duly noted.
Because I have the gift of interpretation of tongues, I was able to interpret my Burmese cat's meow, and he agrees with you. :)

Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Yup, or tranquilizer bullets with enough stuff to take down an elephant. That would neutralize them without killing them. When a wild animal is loose they tranquilize it, but when a human is running wild and crazy, they shoot to kill.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yup, or tranquilizer bullets with enough stuff to take down an elephant. That would neutralize them without killing them. When a wild animal is loose they tranquilize it, but when a human is running wild and crazy, they shoot to kill.
Have you ever seen an animal being tranquilized? That takes minutes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The amount of carfentanil used to tranquilize an elephant is also enough to kill literally hundreds of people. Shooting someone with a gun would be far less likely to kill them than shooting them up with an elephant-sized dose of tranquilizer.

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The issue with police officers in the United States is that they have to go out on duty every day not knowing if and when they may take a bullet in the line of duty. I think it takes extraordinary bravery to be a police officer in the United States.

I honestly don't mind that point... that it's part of the job....it clearly is.

In regards to the occupation of criminals....it's also a part of their job. It may not have the advantage of training, but they tend to get the opportunity to choose the time and place.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You know though, sometimes the best of parents just have bad kids, and it sounds like she was a good one.

It's possible.

After an endless stream of mothers crying for the camera about how their baby was just about to turn it around....it's an honesty not appreciated enough.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If the man was running away then he is not a threat to the officers.

Sure he was. He was willing to kill to get away. They're correct to assume that about him until shown otherwise.

Imagine he had managed to outrun them on foot, evade them for a bit, and upon hearing sirens getting close....kills someone for their car.

If he's not ready to die he shouldn't pull a gun.

If they take the job as a police they are swearing an oath

Like I said...the part of the job.

Well criminals don't necessarily swear oaths, but if they are willing to maim or kill in their work....they need to be ready to die.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ask yourself this...would you still stand up for the police if a white person or someone you knew was shot by a Black, Muslim or other diversity hire working as the police? Or would your support for the police end there? Where was the blue lives matter crowd for Mohammad Noor or Derrick Strafford? These are cops who where thrown under the bus, who were legitimate worried about their lives but shot ONE fatal shot at a white person. Do you notice when it's a black cop they end up going to jail for 40 years? He did not shoot 10 or 60 shots and aim to kill like the suspect was an animal...no, it's just one unfortunate accidental shot that he had to make to do his duty and they get thrown under the bus and under the jail. Where is the blue lives matter crowd for him?

I've sided against the police when I thought they were in the wrong.

How many times have you sided with them?

Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If he was armed and presents a danger to the public he could be shot in the back to protect life. I'm not sure that's the case here.

Again, it's not just the fact he was at one point armed....

Chasing a guy running from you with a gun on his belt doesn't mean you can shoot him in the back.

If he shoots at you before running or while running....yeah...shoot him anywhere.

His driving the car amounts to the same as his running in the eyes of the law.

With the attitude DAs and the public have about the police these days I wouldn't shoot someone in the back unless they had just attempted murder and were trying to escape and armed

I don't know what they're thinking. DAs are bringing charges hoping juries will acquit....juries are convicting hoping judges will throw out minimum sentences. Then you get the judge crying knowing she's engaged in a bad miscarriage of justice.

Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The amount of carfentanil used to tranquilize an elephant is also enough to kill literally hundreds of people. Shooting someone with a gun would be far less likely to kill them than shooting them up with an elephant-sized dose of tranquilizer.

Okay, they should use a lower dose then, enough to knock them out but not enough to kill them. Then cops can be trigger happy all they want and not have to worry about killing anyone or their life being in danger.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Okay, they should use a lower dose then, enough to knock them out but not enough to kill them. Then cops can be trigger happy all they want and not have to worry about killing anyone or their life being in danger.
Here is a video of a wild dog getting tranquilized. The dart is fired at 0:35. It takes until the four minute mark for the wild dog to exhibit visibile drowziness, and at the end of this 5:25 minute long video, it is still awake and walking around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is a video of a wild dog getting tranquilized. The dart is fired at 0:35. It takes until the four minute mark for the wild dog to exhibit visibile drowziness, and at the end of this 5:25 minute long video, it is still awake and walking around.
And a human could just pull the dart out.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
And a human could just pull the dart out.
That wouldnt help him much, those darts have a very high pressure and empty themselves in a second or so.

The reason it takes so long is that the fluid is injected into muscle tissue and not into the bloodstream and thus takes longer to absorb.

Upvote 0