WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Imagine one day (just imagine), when your boss said to you, "Today you should relax, and don't work so hard, just make me a coffee, and then you may do whatever you like. "

So you decided to throw a coin 10,000 times.

What outcome would you get ?

1. Impossible to predict
  2. Depends on the outcome of last coin throws
  3. 50% head, 50% tail (or at least close to)
  4. Depends on your luck

Last edited:

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
You'll be wrong if you think it's impossible to predict.
The right answer is (3) - 50% of each, or at least close to it.

Unbelievable, isn't it ? Yes, it's a certainty that the outcome would be close to 50% of head and 50% of tail.
Throwing a coin is something random,yet the cumulative outcome is predictable in the long run. Please note the phrase in the long run.

You are quite correct about the outcome. In the short run of just a few throws the outcome is entirely unpredictable but as the number of throws increases the result will be closer to 50-50. This sometimes is called "the law of large numbers" and is foundational in the mathematical study of probability and statistics.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
You are quite correct about the outcome. In the short run of just a few throws the outcome is entirely unpredictable but as the number of throws increases the result will be closer to 50-50. This sometimes is called "the law of large numbers" and is foundational in the mathematical study of probability and statistics.

Hi,

And it's all rather wonderful, Isn't it?

Using this the way both of you have spoken if it, allowed me to understand and prove many things.

The fact that this and other things are rather Absolute, allows me to love God more.

How about you guys? For instance, thus to me is really an extension of the Subdue the earth Command/blessing given to us by God, and it is just one result of some of us doing as we are told to do in that area.

There are many more wonders and actual beauty to be beheld there in the world of science than just this one, but it is a very very very nice Reality to me.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Yes, it's wonderful, Katerinah.

To me, probability is rather like Truth --
you might not see it working sometimes, but
in the long run, it will reveal itself to you.

Hi,

Please more.

To me, probability is rather like Truth --
you might not see it working sometimes, but
in the long run, it will reveal itself to you.

I don't understand yet, as when I experience Probability, it never fails.... Yes, I don't remember a time when any statistic that I have properly used, that it did not result in a conclusive real world statement, like Gravity is this much, or that much over there, thus what it suggests is more matter in one place over the other.

And, when observing gravity variations the probability that those measurements were because of differences in matter, have always so far been proven to be true.

I loved, automatic average and standard deviation measurements which is now capable on some forms of machinery like manufacturing equipment or even rockets where I can watch make changes and see the results over time. That allows me certainty with my changes that no single measurement would allow me to determine, as I don't know how to do that with highly variable things like rocket pressures or micron level variations in two mated parts in production that happen every second or so.

Truth being like that should make sense to me, how you meant that. If you mean, maybe, that it takes a lot of inputs to us humans, all having one commonality, then yes, then yes I understand, but if that is so, it did take me writing all this down to understand, as for some reason or another, I can only think and learn while talking.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

Yes, a prayer answered in time, with no expectations that God would ever do that, in all probability, tells the receiver of that answered prayer something about God.

I would also say historically, with what is verified out there that is done by God to and with people, that it gives us all a statistical probability in what is actually true for any one person and Gid if enough information is available to us about that person.

We already have enough historical information about God in that area, to predict how God reacts, so that is why we only need information about the person in question to know what their present relationship and knowledge of God is.

Do you think that is untrue?

I think it is true and it works for me in practice, in most to all cases.

I even have seen in the hampered, the so called mentally challenged or mentally ill even, relationships with God, that match their ways, meaning that the constant is God, and the variables are the people, so God being the constant, what the person knows and says is based on who they are now on earth, and not on Who God is.

Also, what the person will be with God is always being revealed to that person in time, so each observation of a person is always a progression to something.

At least that is what I typically see now a days.

LOVE,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Probability is like Truth.
Probability, like Truth, is slow in revealing itself. But, in the long run, it will.

We would not see good works being rewarded instantly, just as we'd not see villains being punished instantly.
Because of this, some people were lured into thinking (erroneously) that God and Truth don't exist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0