Our houses are part of a much bigger picture that make up what it truly means to be home...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have lived in our home for 11 years. It’s nothing glamorous, but it has served us very well. Four of us moved in and three more have joined us since.

With each new arrival, rooms and furniture have been shuffled and rearranged to make space for everyone. There have been other changes here and there—an added thousand feet to accommodate our growing brood, a wood-burning fireplace insert to take the edge off winter’s chill, a kitchen refresh, a renovated bathroom. Trees have been felled, raised beds constructed, and piles of wood stacked.

Recently, the family who lived in this home for many years approached us about visiting the house. The parents and their six adult children were making a pilgrimage of sorts from around the world to be together for a few days. Could they come see the house? Of course.

Continued below.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Could they come see the house? Of course.
I have pictures from when they built the house I grew up in. I have given some of them to the people that are living in the house now. It was a fancy house, we had the neighborhood party house at the time. It was not unusual to have parties with up to 100 people. Even the little house we are in now can handle 60 to 80 people. Although people come and go so it is usually around 50 or 60 at any given time. I have to protect the carpet so they do not ruin it.

Upvote 0