Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seattle shouldn't have been in the Superbowl. These refs, I swear. I hope you guys check out this video...Crazy! All we keep hearing is, "wow! Those Seahawks are the real deal! Massacre!" But imagine the notion that they shouldn't have made it there to begin with!

NFL RIGGED - 49ers defeat Seahawks / Refs Defeat 49ers - YouTube

beardedone

Sep 30, 2009
OH
✟27,803.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately, human error is a part of sports. Officiating is a problem in all sports. I am by no means convinced that sports aren't rigged, but I am also not convinced that they are. Officiating in the NFL was a problem all season. As the NFL continues to add rules officiating becomes harder. There are solutions to the problem. They could make officials full-time employees, put more officials on the field, make more calls reviewable (ALL calls should be reviewable), and stop making the officials watch for more and more by stopping the additions to the rulebook.

Gurney--I know you're a SF fan and the officiating in the NFC championship game was horrendous to watch. At least it wasn't as bad as the Fail Mary in the GB vs Sea game last year under the replacement refs (although that blown call on Navarro's fumble/pick was pretty bad).

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,254.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if or how much games are fixed, but I agree the almost yearly rule additions and changes make it difficult on refs. Makes you appreciate games with more tradition like baseball and soccer, where a rule gets changed about once every 100 years. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,254.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably!

But in all seriousness, though it's a game, I find it corrupt and utter nonsense how one-sided this 'officiating' can be. I can see a mistake or two, but the level of incompetence these guys demonstrate while being paid huge salaries, I'm sorry, it's ridiculous. These guys work so hard to get to this level, and to lose their momentum not once, twice, three times, but on and on through a game, after a while, mistakes WILL be made. And one can't help but wonder what would've happened if this hadn't happened....

And don't forget that this video obviously violates the NFLs copyright - so whoever made it will be found and the thrown in jail, potentially even a CIA dark site. The coverup will go all the way to the highest levels!

Upvote 0

Kristos

Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Probably!

But in all seriousness, though it's a game, I find it corrupt and utter nonsense how one-sided this 'officiating' can be. I can see a mistake or two, but the level of incompetence these guys demonstrate while being paid huge salaries, I'm sorry, it's ridiculous. These guys work so hard to get to this level, and to lose their momentum not once, twice, three times, but on and on through a game, after a while, mistakes WILL be made. And one can't help but wonder what would've happened if this hadn't happened....

So we should feel sorry for those poor millionaires who unfairly lost their momentum? BOOHOOO!

I didn't watch the game, because I don't give 2 cents for either of these teams or for the NFL in general these days, but I watched the video and was uninspired. Just sour grapes IMO by some wack job fans that don't have anything better to do than whine>>>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So we should feel sorry for those poor millionaires who unfairly lost their momentum? BOOHOOO!

I didn't watch the game, because I don't give 2 cents for either of these teams or for the NFL in general these days, but I watched the video and was uninspired. Just sour grapes IMO by some wack job fans that don't have anything better to do than whine>>>

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Jesus4Madrid

Orthodox Christian
Jul 21, 2011
✟90,072.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, I agree that it was bad officiating, but that is it. There is no conspiracy. I love Kaepernick, but this was just bad luck.

Get over it. Pick yourself up, Gurney! Your Niners will return to fight another day.

At least Denver didn't win. All is well in the universe.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If its any consolation, whenever my hockey team has one of their plays reviewed at the "war room" in Toronto, I cringe. And when they reverse a call they even give insulting explanations. There favorite is that what we all saw on the replay using different angles is just an "optical illusion".

Now in basketball I definately believe that in certain games theres a conspiracy to favor certain cosmopolitan cities.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you're saying that something unfairly done to someone is perfectly fine seeing as how they're well-compensated? Interesting. So I suppose if a billionaire is robbed, boo-hoo, because the guy is rich?

Some would say that people are "whack jobs" for spending time reviewing something unjust, some would say a whack job is a person who has nothing better to do than post in an Orthodox forum spattering their opinions to and fro, right Kristos? "Whack job" is a pretty relative term one can apply to people have a hobby we don't share. I'm not into skating, but I don't consider skaters whack jobs. I don't collect stamps, but stamp-collectors aren't lunatics. I think a person who has an attention to detail and knows the rules of the sport like that are intelligent. You or I would watch that game and not pick up on it. I only picked up on 4 major flops in that game and yet there are WAY more than that! How we spend our time in hobbies is out own choice, and differences regarding that doesn't make us idiots.

You don't like sports. I get it. Don't post on my thread then. My post is for people that give a crud about the game. You don't like it, then do what I do on the threads that I don't find interesting....I stay off of them!

And P.S. the video wasn't meant to "inspire," but rather to demonstrate a barrage of seemingly endless bad officiating. If you're ok with bad officiating, paying refs to make bad calls that seem arbitrary at best, deliberate cheating at worst, then I don't know what to say....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My friend, also a strong Niners fan, was the one who sent me the video. He's more upset than I am! I am merely disappointed and disgusted at the cheating and incompetence. Why have officials on the field if these are the calls going down? Absurd....I have no choice but be over it. Truth be told, I'm WAY more into baseball and basketball than football, but I continue to be a
49ers fan through and through no matter the bad calls against them.

Well, I agree that it was bad officiating, but that is it. There is no conspiracy. I love Kaepernick, but this was just bad luck.

Get over it. Pick yourself up, Gurney! Your Niners will return to fight another day.

At least Denver didn't win. All is well in the universe.

Upvote 0