Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
The reaction there has been pretty strong. Ninos has noted it, and is listening to our ideas. That doesn't mean he'll definitely change his mind, but at least he's listening. I would encourage everyone to email him, and join in the conversations there regarding this change.

Don't leave just yet. Let's stick around until we don't have a choice. The site and idea are wonderful, and Ninos has been great. Let's try to change his mind.

Upvote 0

cassc

Veteran- I am an Orthodox Christian
Jan 24, 2007
New England
✟16,923.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I really like OC, I was there before was here and had a lot of fun. It takes a long time to load on my computer now and I was spending too much time keeping up with my email, but I like to check in from time to time, but not for $60. I know it's not that much money but on my budget it's too much and even though it has an Orthodox premise, above all it's a networking site, I can't rationalize pulling donations from my parish and charities for that :-( Oh well, I'll be sad to see it go, and I doubt Ninos will change his mind. He deserves a lot of credit for what he built but I think that on this one he can see the forest through the trees...

Upvote 0

Tsarina

Most Holy Theotokos save us!
Aug 13, 2005
Who wants to know?
Visit site
✟6,523.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The reaction there has been pretty strong. Ninos has noted it, and is listening to our ideas. That doesn't mean he'll definitely change his mind, but at least he's listening. I would encourage everyone to email him, and join in the conversations there regarding this change.

Don't leave just yet. Let's stick around until we don't have a choice. The site and idea are wonderful, and Ninos has been great. Let's try to change his mind.

I agree. However, if we all emailed him.. i don't think he'd have the time to read them all, lols.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,024,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Quite sad - I am dating someone right now - and while it was purely unintentional that we met on OC, well...we did. :) It ended up that he knew people in my parish - and he was visiting there....I saw him there, connected the dots that he was the same guy from OC and...well :) the rest is history (in the making lol). But yeah - I will be sad to see it go (I can't pay for that) but I am thankful for it being there in the first place.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Quite sad - I am dating someone right now - and while it was purely unintentional that we met on OC, well...we did. :) It ended up that he knew people in my parish - and he was visiting there....I saw him there, connected the dots that he was the same guy from OC and...well :) the rest is history (in the making lol). But yeah - I will be sad to see it go (I can't pay for that) but I am thankful for it being there in the first place.

That is great, All4Christ.

I like reading romance stories.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
yes I got the notice too... but i hardly go there. It is a kind of confusing site and never got used to it. I do not think I will spend the money for it. Sorry but Nino can forget about it.

I'd rather go to Orthopraxis from time to time than OC.

God bless,
Philothei

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
As a student instructional aide, I make less than $100 a week but only because they cut our hours to 6 hours a week due to a budget cut. As a result, students are not getting the tutoring help they need. California is going bankrupt because the state and city employees (read janitors and clerks) claim they need pay hikes to increase their income to triple digit figures that are far above the private sector. The high school graduates who serve as clerks get more money than teachers with master's degrees. Sheesh.

Did you hear what salaries the regular DWP employees are making? Unethical. It is forcing some people to do without water and power because of increasing rate hikes to pay for these outrageous salaries.

Upvote 0

paleodoxy

Catechumen
Sep 27, 2005
Depends on the time of day...
✟17,361.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Good story. :)

My wife and I met on the Internet, too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DavidBryan

El indigno siervo de Dios, el lector David
Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
✟15,649.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Glad to see that some resistance is building up.

I love the site and what it stands for, but I wouldn't stick around if I had to pay, either.

It was billed originally as an Orthodox MySpace...but...MySpace doesn't charge you for use, sooooo...

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Glad to see that some resistance is building up.

I love the site and what it stands for, but I wouldn't stick around if I had to pay, either.

It was billed originally as an Orthodox MySpace...but...MySpace doesn't charge you for use, sooooo...

Soo..... there can always be an Orthodox MySpace group ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.