Visit site
✟282,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
They sent out an email that was pretty much the same thing last year, and it never came to pass, so I'm not sure whether this will really happen, but if it does, I won't keep my account. I don't have enough disposable income to justify 60 bucks a year for social networking. There are many other sites that will let me do that for free, and while they aren't Orthodox Sites, that doesn't mean that there aren't ways to work around that. I don't understand why they don't just advertise. To be honest, we are advertised at constantly on tv, radio, internet, billboards, magazines, newspapers, etc. I've pretty much learned to tune it all out anyway. I don't care if there are ads on Orthodox Circle. If it means being able to use it without paying for it, I would actually prefer it.

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with nutroll, there are plenty of similar sites out there for free that you can make a group on. I think it's a lot of money for one year, I belong to better sites for less. Not opposed to people donating but I'm not going to be paying for it...

Upvote 0

EricTheRed

Mercurius
Jun 15, 2005
Texas
✟9,837.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, Im sure yall can tell my view on this. :p

I'd just hate to see OC die. I have had some great memories and I even met my girlfriend on there lol

...and just in case you have not seen me spamming this link everywhere

VIVA LA RESISTANCE! KEEP OC FREE!
^clicky

Upvote 0

Greg the byzantine

have mercy on me
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2005
✟56,796.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nickolai

Eastern Orthodox Priest
Dec 31, 2003
Bethlehem, PA
Visit site
✟10,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's a very stupid idea on Ninos' part. I don't even have to pay the charge since I'm a seminarian, but I don't like the idea of them charging period, so I'll just let my account go.

Upvote 0

Xpycoctomos

Aug 15, 2004
Midwest
✟13,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think it's a very stupid idea on Ninos' part. I don't even have to pay the charge since I'm a seminarian, but I don't like the idea of them charging period, so I'll just let my account go.
It's not even that it's wrong or unethical. it's just not good business sense. Get some filtered Google ads and call it a day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.