Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm teaching a church history class in a seminary where students will not be familiar with Pentecostalism. I'm looking to include primary sources (original writings) from Pentecostal history. I'm including Frank Bartleman's description of Azusa Street, a selection of short articles on healing from prominent healers, and a passage from Oral Roberts. But I need one more, and would be interested in suggestions.

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
As your from North America then you should check on the material by the Pentecostal historian Vinson Synan, his material is highly regarded by all.

A very helpful resouce can be found at The Pneuma Review where they post a lot of articles by Pentecostal and charismatic scholars and commentators.

As the Pentecostal and charismatic movements have a combined membership of almost 500 million members (see Pew forum) across every continent, then you might want to limit your research to just North America.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm teaching a church history class in a seminary where students will not be familiar with Pentecostalism. I'm looking to include primary sources (original writings) from Pentecostal history. I'm including Frank Bartleman's description of Azusa Street, a selection of short articles on healing from prominent healers, and a passage from Oral Roberts. But I need one more, and would be interested in suggestions.

Assuming you're talking about "Modern Pentecostal Practice" then Dennis Bennet's "They Speak with other tongues" deals with the "Charismatic outpouring" of 1960 which was independent of the "Pentecostals", and initially OPPOSED by them bitterly.

And there was the SPLIT in 1916 between the Pentecostal Sabellianists under R.E. McAlister, and the Assemblies of God (which started in 1914).

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Smith Wigglesworth was an 19 century English pioneer of the pentecostal revival who had a great healing ministry, and visited Azuza Street. ...there is quite a lot about him on the web;
A great man of God; I find his books inspiring.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]'Smith would pray and the blind would see, and the deaf were healed, people came out of wheelchairs, and cancers were destroyed'.[/FONT]

Oh to see that kind of a ministry now! :clap:

Upvote 0