Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neither, God is moved by Love

(His for us)

We do know that God so loved us, He gave……

And, that why we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

And, That no man says Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

It looks to me that He is the one moving, and that His motivation is His Love for us.

John O.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I heard a statement last week and would like some opinions.

God isn't moved by need, He is moved by hunger.

{The hunger implied wasn't physical hunger btw}

What do you think?

It would be interesting to know what the context of the statement is.

At first glance though, it seems to be saying that I have to be good and famished before God will feed me. That does not sound quite like God. Again, it should probably be heard in it's context to be correctly assessed.

I know the Word says, "seek me with all your heart and you will find Me" but I don't believe that God is saying "let me get out my measuring stick and see if your desire for me is strong enough for me to pay you any attention."

Any hunger at all He will feed. Usually that will lead to more cravings for HIM which in turn produces more hunger.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
tell ya this...

I have seen times when I could not budge,pry,bulldoze,persuade..nothing..

I even quoted scripture at God,but it was to no avail!

Isaiah 1:18
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

I said to him..lets reason together...:)

But still,he would not be moved...

Then other times he moved though..:)

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
tell ya this...

I have seen times when I could not budge,pry,bulldoze,persuade..nothing..

I even quoted scripture at God,but it was to no avail!

Isaiah 1:18
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

I said to him..lets reason together...:)

But still,he would not be moved...

Then other times he moved though..:)

I've never felt the need to budge, pry, bulldoze, persuade or quote scripture at God to force Him to do something for me. He may not do things exactly as I thought He might and He may not do it on my timetable, but He always meets my needs.

Upvote 0

ydouxist

Senior Veteran
Nov 27, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟19,940.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It would be interesting to know what the context of the statement is.

At first glance though, it seems to be saying that I have to be good and famished before God will feed me. That does not sound quite like God. Again, it should probably be heard in it's context to be correctly assessed.

I know the Word says, "seek me with all your heart and you will find Me" but I don't believe that God is saying "let me get out my measuring stick and see if your desire for me is strong enough for me to pay you any attention."

Any hunger at all He will feed. Usually that will lead to more cravings for HIM which in turn produces more hunger.

Jesus did say
Matt 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled

Also
Mat 6:8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've never felt the need to budge, pry, bulldoze, persuade or quote scripture at God to force Him to do something for me. He may not do things exactly as I thought He might and He may not do it on my timetable, but He always meets my needs.
Try a little wrestling like Jacob did,it will do you some good!:thumbsup:
Have you not read the psalms,people complained,it is good to do!
There is some good OT stuff for ya..

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Try a little wrestling like Jacob did,it will do you some good!:thumbsup:
Have you not read the psalms,people complained,it is good to do!
There is some good OT stuff for ya..

Staying close to God in the first place removes the need of budgeing, prying, bulldozing, persuading or quoting scripture at God to force Him to do something for me. Just because people in the OT did it does not mean it was sanctioned by God for them to do so. :p I guess when we become so famished that we feel the need to resort to such then that is what we need to do...but why wait that long?

Upvote 0

ydouxist

Senior Veteran
Nov 27, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟19,940.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Staying close to God in the first place removes the need of budgeing, prying, bulldozing, persuading or quoting scripture at God to force Him to do something for me. Just because people in the OT did it does not mean it was sanctioned by God for them to do so. :p I guess when we become so famished that we feel the need to resort to such then that is what we need to do...but why wait that long?

Remember Jesus endured the cross for the joy set before him.

I think it's safe to say there was no joy on the cross.

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I heard a statement last week and would like some opinions.

God isn't moved by need, He is moved by hunger.

{The hunger implied wasn't physical hunger btw}

What do you think?

When and why God moves is His business. Sometimes He moves by hunger when it is in our best interest and sometimes He moves by need. That’s why it is best to let God be God. Not my will, but Your's be done.

~Jim

If you ask enough people you’ll find someone who will tell you to do what you are going to do anyway.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I should add that I'm not saying that it's wrong to beg God in some situations, however, I've just never seen it work. God does not seem to answer according to my begging. He answers according to HIS word.

If we are asking something that is not per His word to ask for then we should not be surprised when we do not hear an answer. Most of the time, the answer we need in His Word...and it's not per what someone else said or did, it's what HE says or did/does. Just because Jacob did something does not mean that is God's prefered action for anyone. Also, regarding Jacob, why was the Angel of the LORD there in the first place? Did He come to Jacob with the intent to bless only to encounter Jacob in a wrestling match? Did the LORD do for Jacob what HE'd intended to do anyway? It does not really say it was "required" of Jacob to wrestle with the LORD to get a blessing from the LORD.

Throughout the Psalms David whines and complains and by the end is saying how wonderful, magnificiant, providing, etc., the LORD is. The LORD was always like that. None of David's complaining moved God to be what HE is.

Yes, we do it. But does that mean it's an acceptable form of behavior in order to get God to move? Personally, any form of going beyond just trusting that HE is faithful to His Word, has never worked for me or anybody else I know. So why go there?

Just a thought.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

Remember Jesus endured the cross for the joy set before him.

I think it's safe to say there was no joy on the cross.

:scratch: I never said there was. Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the point you making. :)

Jesus prayed to the Father that if there was another way, then He would rather do it that way.
Jesus gave His own will up to the will of the Father. I see no evidence of Jesus trying to budge, pry, bulldoze, persuade or quote scripture at God to force Him to change His mind..

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:scratch: I never said there was. Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the point you making. :)

Jesus prayed to the Father that if there was another way, then He would rather do it that way. Jesus gave His own will up to the will of the Father. I see no evidence of Jesus trying to budge, pry, bulldoze, persuade or quote scripture at God to force Him to change His mind..
here is a evidence..

1Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. 3And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.'

4"For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, 5yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' "

Also..

5Then he said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes to him at midnight and says, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, 6because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have nothing to set before him.'
7"Then the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' 8I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs. 9"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Also,another wrestler named Hannah..

1 Samuel1:10
In bitterness of soul Hannah wept much and prayed to the LORD. 11 And she made a vow, saying, "O LORD Almighty, if you will only look upon your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head."

17 Eli answered, "Go in peace, and may the God of Israel grant you what you have asked of him." :thumbsup:

Lets not forget another who knocked..and wrestled to live longer.Hezekiah!

2Kinks20:2
Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD, 3 "Remember, O LORD, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes." And Hezekiah wept bitterly. (there is some good ole pouring out of the soul)

So anyway,seem like we are to wrestle...:thumbsup:

Knock,seek....you get the picture..(scripture)

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
here is a evidence..

1Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. 3And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.'

4"For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, 5yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' "

Also..

5Then he said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes to him at midnight and says, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, 6because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have nothing to set before him.'
7"Then the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' 8I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs. 9"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Also,another wrestler named Hannah..

10 In bitterness of soul Hannah wept much and prayed to the LORD. 11 And she made a vow, saying, "O LORD Almighty, if you will only look upon your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head."

17 Eli answered, "Go in peace, and may the God of Israel grant you what you have asked of him."

lets not forget another who knocked..and wrestled to live longer.

2Kinks20:2
Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD, 3 "Remember, O LORD, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes." And Hezekiah wept bitterly. (there is some good ole pouring out of the soul)

So anyway,seem like we are to wrestle...:thumbsup:

Knock,seek....you get the picture..(scripture)

If that is how you want to read it pinetree, and it works for you then more power to ya. None of that is evidence that JESUS did it. Again, I have found that I don't need to...since God answers when I merely ask. There is no need to throw a temper tantrum when God is already doing or already has done what is necessary. Complaining kept the Hebrew children wandering in the desert for 40 years...I certaintly don't want to follow their example.

ps knocking and seeking is not the same things as
budgeing, prying, bulldozing, persuading or quoting scripture at God to force Him to do something.

With the widow, the parable saying "
'Even though I don't fear God or care about men" is describing God..even though that's what some in the church teach.

And while Hanna and Hezekiah requested it does not show them
budgeing, prying, bulldozing, persuading or quoting scripture at God to force Him to do something. And it does not say that the answer came as a result of them acting in such a manner. They asked, God answered...where is the scripture requiring them to act this way in order for God to answer?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If that is how you want to read it pinetree, and it works for you then more power to ya. None of that is evidence that JESUS did it. Again, I have found that I don't need to...since God answers when I merely ask. There is no need to throw a temper tantrum when God is already doing what is necessary.
I just got done showing you where Jesus said to keep knocking..

No tantrum,just good ole wrestling..^_^

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.