USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~ Our hunger should move us closer to God which in turn would place us in a better position to recieve from God.
~ Continue to discuss amongst yourselves...

Peace,

Leimeng

Flatulo Ergo Sum ~~~

(***Insert Personal One Liner Here***)
I like that..

Matthew 5:6
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I just got done showing you where Jesus said to keep knocking..

No tantrum,just good ole wrestling..^_^

LOL...you obviously have not read that scripture in it's context. Jesus is not saying for us to knock, He's saying that HE is knocking.

Plus, knocking is not the same as wrestling the door down...especially if God's answer to whatever you've requested is "No"

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOL...you obviously have not read that scripture in it's context. Jesus is not saying for us to knock, He's saying that HE is knocking.

Plus, knocking is not the same as wrestling the door down...especially if God's answer to whatever you've requested is "No"
No..read it carefully..:)

5Then he said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes to him at midnight and says, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, 6because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have nothing to set before him.'
7"Then the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' 8I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs. 9"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

See how it is talking about us,,we receive,when we knock.

1. Luke 11:10
    For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
It is saying we are to knock...(LOL)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is a different verse,and meaning ,from a different chapter,
I hope that clears it up for you,,:)

Luke 12:36
like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Andrew Wormack said something like this "God isn't stuck, God has already done the miracles and blessings you need in your life, you just haven't recieved them because of your 'stinking thinking'. " Not word for word.

When you do things your way, you get your results.
When you do things God's way, you get His results.
'Stinking thinking' and sin blocks the flow of Godly results in our life.
It could be a small blockage or a total blockage.

God has a plan for EVERYONE, so what's keeping that plan from being fufilled? You and your sins and your stinking thinking.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
No..read it carefully..:)

5Then he said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes to him at midnight and says, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, 6because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have nothing to set before him.'
7"Then the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' 8I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs. 9"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

See how it is talking about us,,we receive,when we knock.

1. Luke 11:10
    For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
It is saying we are to knock...(LOL)

Ok, sorry, I was thinking the other scripture.

Knocking is ok...it's the breaking down the door that is the issue. And we can knock 24/7 but if we are saying as Jesus did, "Not my will but YOURS" and HE does not will it we are knocking in vain. IF per chance we go ahead and wrestle it to be we are only hurting ourselves.

I still see no need to try and cajole God into doing what I want Him to. According to HIS WORD, all my needs are met. All I need to do is ask, and then walk in faith that HE will keep HIS WORD. Anything beyond that is the flesh. I have never been denied anything by HIM that was in HIS will. I never had to cajole HIM. And in the event that I tried...that mearly slowed the process of HIS will happening in my life sooner.

Upvote 0

ydouxist

Senior Veteran
Nov 27, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟12,440.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So to say your unfilled would be a statement of unbielf?

Infilling is ongoing. Previous moves of God may and should sustain you. Jesus said,
Luk 18:8 Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Not unbelief but faith.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I heard a statement last week and would like some opinions.

God isn't moved by need, He is moved by hunger.

{The hunger implied wasn't physical hunger btw}

What do you think?

God is neither moved by need or hunger(physical or otherwise).

Nor by begging or pleading.

God is moved by faith.

Upvote 0

he4rty

Just A Fool For Christ
Apr 28, 2006
Visit site
✟13,638.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I heard a statement last week and would like some opinions.

God isn't moved by need, He is moved by hunger.

{The hunger implied wasn't physical hunger btw}

What do you think?

This is my take on it

1 Corinthians 10:31 (New Living Translation)

31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

God revealed this scripture to me sometime ago now and I do believe that this one phrase "Do it all for the Glory of God." is the key.

In all we do or ask for in prayer I feel we need to ask this question of our hearts first,Am I Glorifying God with this request or action.

At first glance it seems a fairly simple thing to do, will God be Glorified by my action yes or no.

Then doing a study a few months back I realised how my human nature had twisted this verse for my benefit and instead of asking "Will this Glorify you God." I was asking "Do this for me God and I will be able to Glorify you Better." I had become selfish in my use of this scripture and was thinking of me first not God, In a sense I knew that God wants us to walk the right path and was using this scripture as some kind of blackmail against God, you want me to walk this path then do this for me, Of course this kind of attitude was bound to fail and it did.
This is still a question I try to keep afresh in my daily thinking but human nature does win out at times.
So my response to the op is whether it be a need or a hunger is will God be Glorified in meeting this request if not then you may find it not coming to pass or you'll have to wait.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.