ONLY those on the road to be totally dead to self can bring a revival.

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
There are many dead to the world Christians - few dead to themselves Christians.

The world are laughing at us - Just watch Christian TV and you will see why.

We are seen as a JOKE. Churches fighting each other. Trying to each keep their little ship afloat.

Only those willing to TRULY SELL OUT can buck this trend - ISLAM is increasing in numbers and at the far right militant end because they mean business. Simple as that.

People want the REAL. We are at the end of the age. The goats and sheep will soon be separated.

basically.

In the nicest sense - PUT UP or SHUT UP.

love and peace folks.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

There are many dead to the world Christians - few dead to themselves Christians.

We are seen as a JOKE. Churches fighting each other. Trying to each keep their little ship afloat.

Only those willing to TRULY SELL OUT can buck this trend - ISLAM is increasing in numbers and at the far right militant end because they mean business. Simple as that.

People want the REAL. We are at the end of the age. The goats and sheep will soon be separated.

basically.

love and peace folks.

Yes, but it is so much easier....and more gratifying to the flesh, to put DOWN rather than put up, amen? May all who love the Lord and long to be freed from the self that demands its own way, find their way to the faith that was once delivered unto the saints, the faith that overcomes the world, the faith that allows Christ to dwell in us, never leaving, with our rebellious old self nature securely buried in the grave. It is not called the narrow way for nothing.

We are dead and our life is hid with Christ in God. It is no longer we, but Christ who now lives and reigns in us, and we owe the old man NOTHING. When we finally can accept such an amazing truth, our lives will be turned upside down and we will, in turn, do the same to a world in deep need of the same.

Blessings, dear friend

Gids

Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but it is so much easier....and more gratifying to the flesh, to put DOWN rather than put up, amen? May all who love the Lord and long to be freed from the self that demands its own way, find their way to the faith that was once delivered unto the saints, the faith that overcomes the world, the faith that allows Christ to dwell in us, never leaving, with our rebellious old self nature securely buried in the grave. It is not called the narrow way for nothing.

We are dead and our life is hid with Christ in God. It is no longer we, but Christ who now lives and reigns in us, and we owe the old man NOTHING. When we finally can accept such an amazing truth, our lives will be turned upside down and we will, in turn, do the same to a world in deep need of the same.

Blessings, dear friend

Gids

Yes...men look in the wrong direction....as we are called living stones men often look at the buildings as did the Lords apostles at the temple mount....they spend countless hours looking at how the stones look and where they are laid....but God looks at the foundation....all else can be fixed replaced reworked....but if the foundation is wrong nothing built on it can stand...a proper wall becomes unstable...a perfect arched ceiling is a death trap.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

I guess I am in trouble, I can't be with the Lord,. if there is no revival.:D

They talk about sin all of the time, they says "God is dealing with sin" yet Jesus isn't coming back to deal with sin.

Heb 9:28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

oppppps,,I guess they forgot, he put sin away.

Heb 9:26 Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.

So the scriptures that warn us to flee from continuing in sin can be ignored? So there is no need to keep our bodies under and to seek holiness, ithout which no man shall see the Lord? There is no need to even desire to walk pleasing to God in all things. There is no danger if we continue to sin willfully, as we thank God for such a grace that makes repentance and longing to walk as a living sacrifice the path God has for each one of us?

This is the danger of the OSAS doctrine, for it allows rebellion to remain. Oh, granted, many will show this rebellion in church settings, arguing about what color, mauve or taupe, the new sanctuary carpet should be, but lt me be clear.... it is still self calling the shots.

There are more than twenty....thirty verses that tell us to not be deceived, that it is those who endure to the end who will be saved. We want to ignore such warnings. There is, at the bottom of such a belief system, no desire for purity of heart and motive, nor a desire to flee sin in any shape or form.

Look, as a man walks on that path, hungry for righteousness, not just forgiveness, longing to please his God in ALL things, then IF.... not when...but IF a man slips into sin, the grace of our Lord is there to forgive AND to cleanse that man of ALL unrighteousness. But I pray all hear my words.... no, no, not my words.... God says it clearly and far better and with the authority of heaven.

"If we sin willfully after having received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sin, but a fearful looking for of judgement.

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid. How can we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?""

And therein lies our dilemma. If we do not believe we have truly died to the suthority sin has on us, we will find it impossible to keep from sinning. So what shall we do? Shall we not simply believe our God who tells us that if we are Christ's, we are no longer debtors to the flesh, because we are no longer in the flesh, and thus we owe it nothing.

Blessings, Frog. I love you.

Gideon

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

basically.

love and peace folks.

What am I missing on Christian tv? Is there a specific preacher you follow that is expressing that we are the joke of the world? I know there is a backstory here

Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What am I missing on Christian tv? Is there a specific preacher you follow that is expressing that we are the joke of the world? I know there is a backstory here

What am I missing on christian tv?...a lot
Other than the obvious "joke" of selling the blessings of God...if any scripture is taught by most its in passing to tell you how great you are or how great they are and if you listen you might get to their level....their are a few who try to streangthen and encourage faith...but over time they either begin to compromise or else they are never heard of again.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

What am I missing on christian tv?...a lot
Other than the obvious "joke" of selling the blessings of God...if any scripture is taught by most its in passing to tell you how great you are or how great they are and if you listen you might get to their level....their are a few who try to streangthen and encourage faith...but over time they either begin to compromise or else they are never heard of again.

I've heard the 'sow a seed of faith of ... and you will receive double the anointing ..." sort of things lately. Really turns me off because God gives the blessing and we have direct access to Him. I prefer to wait upon God for blessing.

Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I've heard the 'sow a seed of faith of ... and you will receive double the anointing ..." sort of things lately. Really turns me off because God gives the blessing and we have direct access to Him. I prefer to wait upon God for blessing.

Then there are those who say just trust God...wich is not false in itself but when your answer is just be positive...and thats all you ever say
To me it seems maybe you dont know how to help people.
James said "if a brother or sister be naked and destigute of daily food and one of you say unto them depart in peace and be warmed and filled notwithstanding ye give them not those things wich are needfuul to the body what doeth it profit."

If they are naked they are not wearing the robe of salvation...or their wedding garment...or their armour of God....if they are hungry they are on need of the bread of life.
The good samaritan didnt walk over and say dont worry Gods going to work it out....no he knelt down in the dirt...cleaned(washing of the word)and bound(prayer) his wounds

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Then there are those who say just trust God...wich is not false in itself but when your answer is just be positive...and thats all you ever say
James said "if a brother or sister be naked and destigute of daily food and one of you say unto them depart in peace and be warmed and filled notwithstanding ye give them not those things wich are needfuul to the body what doeth it profit."

If they are naked they are not wearing the robe of salvation...or their wedding garment...or their armour of God....if they are hungry they are on need of the bread of life.
The good samaritan didnt walk over and say dont worry Gods going to work it out....no he knelt down in the dirt...cleaned(washing of the word)and bound(prayer) his wounds

I like this entire train of thought.

When many times we give, we give to someone what we think they need to have. Thinking of ourselves in the giving process, instead of thinking what the receiver needs from us.

God gives us forgiveness, mercy and love because He knows what we need. He knows each of our hearts and us individually, He knows what we need. He gives us hope, life more abundantly and a place of rest when we are weary.

Best thought I have read in a while here. Really resonates with me today!
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟137,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Excellent point, and yet another example of how works resultant from our faith and belief are important.

Our faith should compel us to act.

:cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And that action should always be christ in and through us....It is no more I but christ in me

I think the best way to get Christ in us is to meditate on and do His commands and teachings. (John 14, Philippians 4). If its no longer I but Christ then we should be speaking His words instead of the words of men.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All else is smoke and mirrors -and Jesus said ONLY they can be his disciple - he also said FEW find it.

The bottom line is GIVE YOURSELF OVER TO HIM COMPLETELY.

Otherwise we will be continually looking back to the finneys and the wigglesworths....

will the nameless faceless crucified ones step forward please.:thumbsup::thumbsup:its time.

I don't agree with the subject line necessarily. God can use other people, too. He used Judas apparently.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

ToBeBlessed

i feel the pride of people as they act like God only does the extraordinary through 'super Christians' or those who have really progressed towards sanctification (or as popular here, those who have killed the dead man and no longer are tempted by said dead man much). This seems like 'tunnel vision' in that God can only use the holy.

God is able to use all His children to His purpose and His glory! He does not love one more than the other.
Until we can celebrate ALL brothers and sisters, where they are, we are indirectly communicating that we are here and they are there. Remember what you were like as babes in Christ. Those wielding the hammer of sanctification can STEAL ones joy in where they are and who they are.

I don't see many babes in Christ in our forum. just sayin'
/rant

Let the stone throwing begin:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
i feel the pride of people as they act like God only does the extraordinary through 'super Christians' or those who have really progressed towards sanctification (or as popular here, those who have killed the dead man and no longer are tempted by said dead man much). This seems like 'tunnel vision' in that God can only use the holy.

God is able to use all His children to His purpose and His glory! He does not love one more than the other.
Until we can celebrate ALL brothers and sisters, where they are, we are indirectly communicating that we are here and they are there. Remember what you were like as babes in Christ. Those wielding the hammer of sanctification can STEAL ones joy in where they are and who they are.

I don't see many babes in Christ in our forum. just sayin'
/rant

Let the stone throwing begin:

It is our trust in him that makes us his children and that is available to all...it is the great equalizer.A Harverd Doctorate degree and one who can not read or write are equal...also as his children a five year old is no more preffered than an infant...all is by faith the ignorant and him with vast understanding stand equal. And the truth would be that "mature" is expected to be more like the Father...that what he has learned should make him forbearing longsuffering mercyfull kind...but it seems that is not the case in many threads those who claim to have great knowledge are often abusive impatient demanding and harsh....may our Father teach us all to walk as our Lord walked.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

It is our trust in him that makes us his children and that is available to all...it is the great equalizer.A Harverd Doctorate degree and one who can not read or write are equal...also as his children a five year old is no more preffered than an infant...all is by faith the ignorant and him with vast understanding stand equal. And the truth would be that "mature" is expected to be more like the Father...that what he has learned should make him forbearing longsuffering mercyfull kind...but it seems that is not the case in many threads those who claim to have great knowledge are often abusive impatient demanding and harsh....may our Father teach us all to walk as our Lord walked.

Did I mention how much the title bothers me?

Love that all CAPS on ONLY, that excludes 100% of Christians, until the buffer "on the road" which could make it true in a screwed up, exclusionatory way. Then talk about a revival that is predicated on self.

"ONLY those on the road to be totally dead to self can bring a revival"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Did I mention how much the title bothers me?

Love that all CAPS that excludes 100% of Christians until the buffer "on the road" which could make it true in a screwed up, exclusionatory way. Then talk about a revival that is predicated on self.

"ONLY those on the road to be totally dead to self can bring a revival"

Yes the OP has some launguage that is disturbing...the word revival itself depending on the user can be extreamly unscriptural but as yet no one has described it as gold dust feathers or animal noises.

Upvote 0