Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... if a member (someones with membership in the church not an attender) decides to switch churches like over an unresolved dispute or something like that (I don't remember the exact words) they will have a talk with their new churches pastor and tell them this is why they left."
You have a concern about the "member's" rep, but have you considered the Church's rep? If the "member" did not explain to the other Church that there was an unresolved conflict that cause the move, the new Church may not have the right story, and be taking on a problem unawares.

This kind of thing happens with companies and employees, doesn't it? A situation that came to my attention was that a trusted regular Church member was CHEATING and EXTORTING from some nice little old ladies in the Church. Long story, short, this church did NOT offer a "letter of membership in good standing" after that fellow caused problems! Others did before, and that is why the guy was able to do this everywhere he went till then!

I have very mixed feelings about that. Depending on the situation I guess I can see why but at the same time I also think that if someone goes to a new church their rep should be wiped clean and its nobodies business but theirs and God's why they left a church...
It is important for people who name the name of Christ to depart from iniquity. (II Tim.2:19) That is the purpose of Church discipline. Doesn't always do what it should, but it is there for these things. (Acts 5:1-13)

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... its nobodies business but theirs and God's why they left a church...
Each person living in this life must submit to Jesus Christ as LORD of their life, or they SHALL submit to Him as their Judge before the Great White Throne. (Rev.20:11-15) This Church discipline may be the very thing that causes the unruly person to submit to God and Christ. It may be for the salvation of his soul that the Church does NOT allow it to go unnoticed.

Upvote 0

Jesusisgood

Nov 9, 2010
✟15,992.00
Faith
Christian
You have a concern about the "member's" rep, but have you considered the Church's rep? If the "member" did not explain to the other Church that there was an unresolved conflict that cause the move, the new Church may not have the right story, and be taking on a problem unawares.

This kind of thing happens with companies and employees, doesn't it? A situation that came to my attention was that a trusted regular Church member was CHEATING and EXTORTING from some nice little old ladies in the Church. Long story, short, this church did NOT offer a "letter of membership in good standing" after that fellow caused problems! Others did before, and that is why the guy was able to do this everywhere he went till then!

It is important for people who name the name of Christ to depart from iniquity. (II Tim.2:19) That is the purpose of Church discipline. Doesn't always do what it should, but it is there for these things. (Acts 5:1-13)

Very true, I guess I didn't give it much thought but that is a great point. Thank you for answering :) I feel much better about my church now.

Upvote 0

Jesusisgood

Nov 9, 2010
✟15,992.00
Faith
Christian
Each person living in this life must submit to Jesus Christ as LORD of their life, or they SHALL submit to Him as their Judge before the Great White Throne. (Rev.20:11-15) This Church discipline may be the very thing that causes the unruly person to submit to God and Christ. It may be for the salvation of his soul that the Church does NOT allow it to go unnoticed.

very true thank you :). I guess I was thinking about little disputes instead of something like that. I totally agree with you. Thank you for posting. :)

Upvote 0