One of the biggest joys I could imagine

PirateChris

Jul 17, 2007
✟15,151.00
Faith
Christian
Would be if I could save my own brother. My mom and dad used to keep us involved in church but at the time my brother was very young. And one way or another we got so tied up in school/ work/ etc. that we lost touch of fellowship. My brother is now 15 years old (going on 16) and I love him dearly, next to my girlfriend he is my best friend. He likes all sorts of things that normal teenage boys girls, videogames etc. I know my brother see's me reading my Bible and sometimes I have christian themed wallpapers, but as far as I know he's never accepted Christ nor does he have any interest in wanting to.

What kind of suggestions do you guys have?

artgaldayna

Jul 10, 2007
Illinois
Visit site
✟7,722.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Try to work some casual conversation with him about God. It sounds like you talk to him regularly, and depending on where he stands with God, curiosity very well may be the best thing for him to have now. Maybe ask him some deep questions. See if you think he would listen (or be curious) about any one of these:
What do you think the purpose of life is?
Do you think you're a good person?
What do you think happens after you die?
Do you think you will go to Heaven or Hell?
Do you think there is a God?
Do you think there is such thing as sin?- what is it?

The point of asking questions is that you need to somehow awaken his conscience: the piece of evidence God gave us that we are evil creatures and that there is such a thing as definite good and evil. Every one of us needs to see that we NEED to be forgiven. Your brother somehow needs to see the wages of his sin: the sure death that it will bring him. If he asks what sin is, show Him God's standard: the Ten Commandments. We all need to see that evil is not relative: anything less than perfection means we can't be in Heaven. If one of your questions reaps him saying he will go to Hell, he needs to see the significance of that statement in order for him to do anything about it. If he doesn’t see that his life is of eternal value, maybe ask him ‘would you sell one of your eyes for a million dollars?’ and ‘would you sell both your eyes for 10 million dollars?’ How much more valuable is your life that is eternal! Your eyes are only temporary – they only last you around 100 years but your soul is eternal.
[Bible]Mark 8:36-37[/bible]

Just keep being an influence on him. Read your Bible, give thanks, and talk about God in front of him with full boldness. Pray for opportunities to talk to him directly. Gentleness is so important as well, and know that it isn't not polite when you talk to anyone about sin and Hell and TRUTH. If he becomes offended let him know you are just telling him because you love him; because you care about him and don't want him to go to Hell.

I really want to see how things go with your brother and be of help. If you have questions or answers you'd be willing to give, please PM me. God bless you.

Upvote 0