Oklahoma to require STD test to get marriage license...

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just what the heck is Oklahoma doing, "We can't stop gay marriage, so were going to destroy it?" first get rid of who can give marriage licenses, and now even if you manage to get a license, now you have to pass a STD test??

Proposed Oklahoma law would require STD testing before marriage. Test positive? No marriage for you!

is it me or is Oklahoma having a complete mental breakdown? Even if your against gay marriage, your just cutting off your nose to spite your own face at this point.

Such tests were the norm many years ago. No big deal

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
If this is true then a major HIPAA violation would take place and the State could (and should) be sued for millions. So, good luck to them on that.

^^This.

And I'm not sure how this is a gay issue, since it's everyone that would have to submit to it.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
^^This.

And I'm not sure how this is a gay issue, since it's everyone that would have to submit to it.

well it just seems to fit the mentality that alot of republicans seem to have of, "Aids is a gay disease." sort of thing, there are these ideas going around that most STD's are with gays, wich arn't true, but people still have that kind of idea.

I'm not saying it is, but it would fit with the other bill a few weeks ago that would require a clergy to give a marriage license. Just reminds me of the abortion laws, "Well we can't ban abortion, but were going to make it so it's impossible for any clinic to fit the requirements to give abortions." they can't ban gay marriage, but they can try to put so many hurtles and ways that gays can be denied a license they might as well not be able too.

We also see the, "Gays have higher STD rates in X Y and Z STD." ignoring that majority of other std's are more prevelant in straights.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where is the outrage for Connecticut, The District of Columbia, Indiana and Montana? They have had tests on the books for quite some time.

This has alot to do with A) the timing, B) that a judge can decide when and when not to allow a mariage to go through. Funny how barly a few weeks after the supreme court tips their hat about gay marriage maybe being legal in june okahoma suddenly starts restrictig who can get married. Really to me comes off as a premptive strike.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Where is the outrage for Connecticut, The District of Columbia, Indiana and Montana? They have had tests on the books for quite some time.

And they enforce them?

Edit-after a quick check, it seems Montana is the only state that actually does blood tests anymore, though it doesn't seem that having anything at all would stop the issue of a marriage license. I could be wrong though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think it's smart to get yourself and your partner tested for STDs before doing anything with each other.

The state or government does NOT need to be involved in mandating stuff like that, though.

Then again, maybe they shouldn't be in charge of marriage at all. That'd solve a lot of problems.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another gross human rights violation by big government conservatives.
It's interesting that those opposed to a blood test before marriage seem to be the same people who want to force children to get vaccinations before attending school

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it's smart to get yourself and your partner tested for STDs before doing anything with each other.

The state or government does NOT need to be involved in mandating stuff like that, though.

Then again, maybe they shouldn't be in charge of marriage at all. That'd solve a lot of problems.

Yeah, who in this day and age SHOULDN"T be tested for a STD before sex or marriage., It's just common sense, you don't need a goverment to tell you this.

Funny how the "small" goverment republicans are so focused on huge goverment about sex/marriage and such.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's interesting that those opposed to a blood test before marriage seem to be the same people who want to force children to get vaccinations before attending school

Well that's not something I've heard of nor do I support. I think it should certainly be a choice...just like getting an ultrasound before deciding on abortion.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well that's not something I've heard of nor do I support. I think it should certainly be a choice...just like getting an ultrasound before deciding on abortion.

Also how long ago were these done, my understanding is they were part of a concern over syphilus wich hasn't been a huge issue in years, there are many laws still on the books that no one obeys, or can be charged with.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
is it me or is Oklahoma having a complete mental breakdown?
It's you.

It's not. But ranting and whining about "gay rights" and "gay issues" is the hottest new trend, so people jump on it even when it makes no sense. I bet it's all big pharmacies...no wait, a right-wing conspiracy! Yeah!

Another gross human rights violation by big government conservatives.
see LOL

:doh:

Upvote 0

sojourner4Christ

I am born again (the world calls me Christian).
Oct 18, 2008
In the Lord I live, and move, and have my being (A
✟779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Someone’s thinking, but...

The problem remains: we’re still busy rendering to Caesar what is rightfully due Christ.

As long as we continue to look to Caesar to do what God has already said is Lawful, then we will continue to render to Caesar -- in all his arbitrariness and godlessness.

I have sojourned to many countries and learned that the granting of a marriage license is not automatic. Any “reasonable” objection can be, and often is, raised to deny one’s application for a license.

Marriage was ordained by God (Genesis 2:23-24, Mark 10:6-9, 1 Corinthians 7, 1 Timothy 5:14, Hebrews 13:4). Speaking of marriage, Jesus himself said, "What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder" (Mark 10:9). Yet, this is exactly what the men of government do today by saying marriage is illegal; they put asunder the institution of marriage! Remember, if anyone does anything today without a license from the government, it is an illegal act; and there's a strong possibility of getting penalized, fined and imprisoned. Marriage is no exception. Marriage is illegal!

If it is God’s Will to bring two souls together in Holy Matrimony, what right does mere man have to say two souls cannot get married, until they ask the government for permission?! Until they pay the government their hard earned money to get a license to exercise God’s Will? Does mere man have authority, at law, to interpose himself, or his purported law, between God’s Will, and to bring punishment on a servant of Christ for exercising God’s Law? Could it be evil to execute the Law of God? Could it?

Who do you place as Lord over your life? Who do you look to for your authority for doing the things you do? What do you claim is your authority for marriage, preaching, fishing, having pets, working, or driving a car? If you have a license from the government to do these things, then you look to Caesar for your authority to do the things you do. If you rely solely upon the Scriptures to do these things, then you look to God for your authority to do the things you do. Either you believe, "I can do all things through the government which strengtheneth me", or you believe, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13). You cannot serve two masters (Matthew 6:24, Luke 16:13).

The only purpose of a license is to regulate commercial activity which is subject to the police power.

A license is "a permit granted by an appropriate governmental body generally for consideration to a person, firm, or a corporation to pursue some occupation, or to carry on some business, which is subject to regulation under the police power." Rosenblatt v. California Board of Pharmacy, 69 Cal. App. 2d 69, 158 P.2d 199, 203.

Are the godly works of God done as business? Are godly works under the police power? You decide.

And licenses cost money. The government is giving us things at a cost. God himself said he would "freely give us all things" (Romans 8:32). What right has man to charge for something God already gave us for free?

A license is just another form of taxation. By requiring a license, the state is claiming complete control and ownership over a disciple's life, liberty, and property. In demanding licensure from the servants of Christ, the State is asking that we render to it the submission and tribute that scripture requires us to give to God alone (Matthew 4:10). Jesus Christ's assembly does not exist on paper, but in the hearts of men, and is expressed in their outward acts. Because there is no breath of Life from God in such pieces of paper, we should not look to them for any authority for doing anything. Christ is our authority for doing the things we do (Philippians 4:13). Man is ruled by Law, not by the will of man.

God does have patience with us, but his patience, as his word shows, does run out. And we have to take those things into consideration. In other words, when you learn these things, you don't have to go out and get rid of all your licenses immediately, we're not promoting that idea. But consider these things and say, "Am I attached to these things through the Will of God or though the will of man?" That's what we're talking about. We need to proceed cautiously as the Spirit of God leads us, and don't make any rash decisions. You have to go to him and pray, because h will show you the way out of these things. Everybody's situation is different.

We are not here to judge anybody and say, "Well, you're a heathen because you have all these licenses." Well, we used to have all these licenses, we don't have them anymore, but we understand your situation. We have all had this over-whelming feeling when this Truth was revealed to us. And it looks like an insurmountable thing to do away with them, but it isn't because we have eliminated them all out of our lives, but we've done it over a period of time. Sometimes it takes years. In most cases, especially when you have a family, we have to consider that the Lord says he who does not take care of his family is worse than an infidel. We have responsibilities before the Lord, and if we have to remain in servitude and slavery to fulfill those obligations, then we have to do that with patience, looking to the day when you can be free from debt, free from licensure, and free from all these obligations that you've gotten yourself into.

The important thing is to know that they are not of God, and once you do that, he knows your heart and he will give you the time to do those things, if you willingly submit to him. By "willingly," I mean when that call comes to you, you don't resist it. Only God can set you free. Once you get rid of all the licenses and burdens of the world, your heart still has to be true.

It's important to have the government small enough to fit in your bedroom.
A sense of humor is a gift.

Some of you are aware that the people who presently are in control of the planet are “the rich men of the earth,” the merchants, aka the global elite. They are multi-generational satanic dynastic banking families who marry not for love but for genetics, if you will, as they want to follow a particular bloodline that they believe is superior to all others. These blood-lined families are all kin. They are the original bigots and racists.

If they do not want your genetics mixing with your future spouse’s, “polluting their gene pool,” then they will not “permit” your marriage i.e. they will refuse to grant you a marriage license (license = licentious; morally unrestrained; lascivious). Make no mistake -- that which Caesar grants, Caesar can also revoke or refuse.

Incredibly, the biblical account of the Nephilim (Gen. chap. 6) dovetails directly into this topic. Perhaps in another thread...

Upvote 0