Jan 6, 2005
Snow Belt. RIGHT in de middle..
✟186.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
If you ever felt like a story...

My mother ran up to me. I had just finished my third to last production of our very successful show, Little Shop of Horrors. I was doing the tough job of switching roles every single night, being the "swing." What theatre people call a person who witches roles so other actors have nights off. That show had gone extremmely well, as I recall. My mom was crying, something she NEVER does. Panic siezed my heart. My first thought was, "You have to be able to handle this." My second, "Oh, Lord, don't let it have been Josh (my littl brother)." " Victoria's mom is missing." She mananged to choke out. Morgan, one of my best friends, had spent, I was soon to find out, a grueling two days searching for her mother, who had gone missing the day before. We raced to their home. It was chaos. Fantically calling everyone, and recieving nothing, the family now waited for the news to come on, and the story of Vicky's mum to be shown. When it came, her sobs broke my heart. It sounded like someone who was suffocating, trying to breath in air, but finding none. I slept over that night. Sitting with her, watching the news, we, my friends and I, gathered Vicky in a huge circle of outstreched hands and prayed over her. That was on a small scale. That Sunday, at church, over 100 people gathered around the family and prayed over them. I think Ben said it best, "It was one of the most moving and beautiful things I 've ever seen." When I did go home, the next morning after sleeping over, the FBI had shown up, starting a new grueling three day investigation. No news came in, and hope started to drift. Still, Vicky, the person I hold responsible for making me on fire for christ, stayed strong in her faith. At a prayer vigil on the thrid night, she broke down crying, saying only, "Lord, please bless my mother on this assignment you've put her on, and would that whomever kidnapped her, that they would be witnessed to by her faith, please make her strong.." Halloween day dawned sad and opressive. Usually meaning to me one of the most fun holidays, because I love to dress up, it held no joy for me now. I traveled to my Grandmother's home in a state of anxious shock. I had not heard from Vicky in two days. The media had grown intolerable and pushy, demanding news from the family. So the Robertsons had disappeared. I went into my Grandma' house. All I wanted to do was lay down and cry on her couch. My dad was still out in the driveway when his cell phone rang. It was my friend, Josh, whose voice was in a frenzied exctitement as he exclaimed, they found her! they found Mrs. Robertson! I just looked at my mom, my eyebrows knitted, Oh my God! oh my God! we hugged each other and cried and screamed and laughed, and woke up half the street but they found her! I've never been so elated. We ALL went trick or treating. When we finally got a chance to go to the Robertsons, everyone was laughing and crying, she's in Chicago, they found her! I had about five messages on my machine of my friends screaming they found her! she's okay! That weekend, I was brought together with a Christian family I didn't know loved me as much as they do. Never doubt the power of Christ, or the awesome blessings he bestows! Praise God for the Robertson miracle! Mrs. Robertson was brought home by her husband a few days later. It was discovered that she had had a nervous breakdown. For four days, she had done nothing but sleep and wake, and sleep again, in her car. Finally regaining control of her senses, she had walked to the police, asking for shelter. The family is now in recovery, and back on the road to healing, with the help of friends.

Topaz

Dec 14, 2004
Angels Camp
✟11,662.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, pleased to meet you!! :) Have a GREAT TIME in the FORUMS ! Hope you have a pleasant time learning the forum. You will find your way around here by the menu at the top to be of some help, especially the FAQ. :wave:

Reactions: StarSapphire
Upvote 0

StarSapphire

Joyfully we adore Him!
Nov 28, 2004
Northern California
✟11,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello! We have a very special time here at CF for Christians to gather and fellowship, or discuss topics and theology. Hope you make many friends here, and have a fine time during your visits. This is a good meeting place for people of different faiths and cultures.

Check out the menu at the top, and click on the FAQ. That tells a lot about CF, and will help you get through the lost feeling.

May God bless! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AdJesumPerMariam

To Jesus through Mary
Jan 26, 2004
At Home
Visit site
✟51,621.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
the%20wave.GIF