Ohio Catholic priest convicted abusing churchgoing minors into adulthood, grooming them for commercial sex trafficking

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I do not recall any such thing. Can you please point to one of these other threads with an objectionable book being read at DQSH?

I really am not. I am in favor of family-friendly events at libraries, including DQSH.
You've got to be kidding right? Have you never been part of any of the threads when we discussed drag queens? Is this the first one where we discussed them sexualizing children? I honestly find that hard to believe. Are you telling me that you have never participated in any threads regarding drag queens?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You've got to be kidding right? Have you never been part of any of the threads when we discussed drag queens?
Certainly.
Is this the first one where we discussed them sexualizing children?
I have heard all sorts of outlandish pearl-clutching claims. But I do not recall ever having seen an assertion of a specific objectionable text being read at a DQSH event.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've got no problems with Mr. Cooper.

But what is the real fear here? Child molesters? (Others have noted how those are screened for, and it's not like children are left alone to be abused at the library.) Or is it that nebulous, fuzzy, scariness of "the other" and some fear children will be influenced by them down the line?
You keep going off in tangents and I have to keep bringing it back to the fact that I've used my own self as an example. That if I suddenly wanted groups of children gathering around me in the children's section of the library, I would expect it to be viewed as unusual.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If they pass the background check and any other 'hiring' process, why not? It seems odd to want to turn away willing volunteers.
Volunteers get turned away when they don't seem like the right person for the job.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You keep going off in tangents and I have to keep bringing it back to the fact that I've used my own self as an example. That if I suddenly wanted groups of children gathering around me in the children's section of the library, I would expect it to be viewed as unusual.

What part of "not random strangers" about the story hours do you not understand? You are irrelevant to this issue, unless you have a story to tell about volunteering to tell kids stories at the local library and how the process went.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What part of "not random strangers" about the story hours do you not understand? You are irrelevant to this issue, unless you have a story to tell about volunteering to tell kids stories at the local library and how the process went.
But I would be a random stranger. That's the point. And my wanting kids gathering around me in the children's library would be out of the blue. Drag queens suddenly out of the blue wanting kids gathering around them is unusual and seems strange and even unappropriated. And I'm sure you can understand why.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But I would be a random stranger. That's the point. And my wanting kids gathering around me in the children's library would be out of the blue. Drag queens suddenly out of the blue wanting kids gathering around them is unusual and seems strange and even unappropriated. And I'm sure you can understand why.
What part of "not random strangers" about the story hours do you not understand?

Do you think there is no vetting? Really?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What part of "not random strangers" about the story hours do you not understand?

Do you think there is no vetting? Really?
I think there's been allowing because it's the woke thing to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's problematic because it is popular?

I've lost the plot of this thread since it moved away from an abusive Ohio priest. I have no idea what you are trying to argue.
The reason why the priest, and the doctor, and the teacher, and the instructor, and the police officer etc get away with what they do, is because people aren't suspicious enough. And they're probably not suspicious enough because it's been drilled into their heads that being suspicious equals being paranoid and phobic.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Some people actually like being around children because it gives them hope for the future and will try to make that future as good as they can for the children. We should encourage those that are this altruistic to remain in our society. But yes, the untrustworthy often seek the “jobs”.

Welcome to Earth.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The reason why the priest, and the doctor, and the teacher, and the instructor, and the police officer etc get away with what they do, is because people aren't suspicious enough. And they're probably not suspicious enough because it's been drilled into their heads that being suspicious equals being paranoid and phobic.

And this has to do with story hours in what way? That we should be especially suspicious of drag performers who want to entertain kids? Because? ? ? ?

(And I'd keep kids away from priests in general as they might Catholic them.)

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And this has to do with story hours in what way? That we should be especially suspicious of drag performers who want to entertain kids? Because? ? ? ?

(And I'd keep kids away from priests in general as they might Catholic them.)
So I say something about the topic instead of drag queens, and you ask me what it has to do with the topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums