Dec 29, 2013
✟347,449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Obama is without a doubt, an Islamic apologist, and comes from Islamic stock. His grandmothers maiden last name was Habiba, which is Arabic.
Muslim=/= Arab. Also, yes his grandparents were Muslim. Why does that matter?

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Obama is without a doubt, an Islamic apologist, and comes from Islamic stock. His grandmothers maiden last name was Habiba, which is Arabic.
and his middle name is Hussain

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Muslim=/= Arab. Also, yes his grandparents were Muslim. Why does that matter?

A.) I never said it matters.
B.) I never said Islam is genetic...

I did, however, state facts without rhetoric.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
A.) I never said it matters.
B.) I never said Islam is genetic...

I did, however, state facts without rhetoric.
You said that he comes from Islamic stock, which implies that it is something that can be passed down, and as an example you used the fact that his Grandmother had a Arabic name as proof. It implies you think they are the same thing. And as for the other, if you didn't think it mattered, you wouldn't have brought it up.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You said that he comes from Islamic stock, which implies that it is something that can be passed down, and as an example you used the fact that his Grandmother had a Arabic name as proof. It implies you think they are the same thing. And as for the other, if you didn't think it mattered, you wouldn't have brought it up.

If that's what you so desperately want to believe, then go ahead and believe it. But don't tell me what I do or do not imply.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If that's what you so desperately want to believe, then go ahead and believe it. But don't tell me what I do or do not imply.
So.... why not tell us what you meant, then? Seems the simplest thing to do.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Imply then deny is such fun.

My posting style usually tends to be 'open-ended', which allows readers to think for themselves on the content.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
At about 1 minute and 8 or 9 seconds, he is talking to a reporter and says something like 'John McCain hasn't talked about my Muslim faith'.
The whole thing sounds bogus woo to me, but that one is hard to figure out.

He immediately tries to correct himself. To McCain's credit during the campaign he had refuted a lady in a town hall meeting who called Obama a Muslim. At least he has some sense of decency. And yes, as Colin Powell pointed out, it shouldn't make any difference if he was.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single

Why are we talking about his grandmother's maiden name being Arabic when we know that both Obama's first and middle name are Arabic. And this has what to do with my price of tea in China? I think my own name Susan is Hebrew in origin but it doesn't make me a Jew or a Jewish apologist. But you are right about one thing, he does condemn all the prejudice and bigotry against Islam.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So.... why not tell us what you meant, then? Seems the simplest thing to do.

Okay, Obama may or may not be Arabic and he has a family history of being Muslim...

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He immediately tries to correct himself. To McCain's credit during the campaign he had refuted a lady in a town hall meeting who called Obama a Muslim. At least he has some sense of decency. And yes, as Colin Powell pointed out, it shouldn't make any difference if he was.

We should be clear. The current attitude toward Muslims is new for the Republican Party. McCain was quite clear in actively opposing such nonsense. Colin Powell also was. And most notably, President Bush was quite clear in his statements supporting and defending Muslims while calling us to two wars against Muslim extremists.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Okay, Obama may or may not be Arabic and he has a family history of being Muslim...

He is no more Arab than I am Jewish. And his 'family history' of being Muslim is not nearly as long as his family history of being Christian. The Obama family was Christian until the grandfather converted to Islam, partly as a political statement against British colonialism, and partly because he wanted a second wife. Obama's father ended up converting back to Christianity as a boy but later became a communist. The Obama family is 100% African, period, at least until Obama's father marries a white woman.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
And most notably, President Bush was quite clear in his statements supporting and defending Muslims while calling us to two wars against Muslim extremists.

In the case of Bush, his advisers had to tell him what to say and not say. At first he tried to call the War on Terror a Crusade. His advisers told him it would not be a good idea to declare war on 1.5 billion Muslims. Bush Sr., of course would have known better from the start. In fact, I would argue that the elder Bush understood Middle Eastern affairs better than any other president.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He is no more Arabic than I am Jewish. And his 'family history' of being Muslim is not nearly as long as his family history of being Christian. The Obama family was Christian until the grandfather converted to Islam, partly as a political statement against British colonialism, and partly because he wanted a second wife. Obama's father ended up converting back to Christianity as a boy but later became a communist. The Obama family is 100% African, period, at least until Obama's father marries a white woman.

...I said Obama "may or may not be arabic".

Upvote 0