Michigan
✟18,174.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Obama is without a doubt, an Islamic apologist, and comes from Islamic stock. His grandmothers maiden last name was Habiba, which is Arabic.

No one is denying that he is related to Muslims or that he views Muslims positively. It's the lie going around that pretends he is a Muslim (ie practices Islam and/or considers himself Muslim) that people are rightly rejecting. He was baptised, worships at a Church, and self describes as Christian. He has specifically said "I am not a Muslim" and doesn't follow even the most basic elements of Islamic law - drinks, eats pork, doesn't do required daily prayers, etc..

Upvote 0

AionPhanes

Jan 1, 2015
Michigan
✟18,174.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Just an FYI too... Arab =/= Muslim. Arabs can and do practice a variety of different religions. Even if Obama had Arab ancestry he would still be a Christian. There were Arab Christians back before Islam was even invented. There were Arab Christians at the Eastern Orthodox Church I used to go too.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Let's get it from the horse's mouth. I believe this was written before he was sworn in as president. Incidentally, I would have translated Hussein as handsome rather than beauty. Beauty is Jamal in Arabic. And I wouldn't have called his father a Muslim because he had been baptized as a Christian when he was six and was a Communist by the time he married Obama's mother.

Letter from Barack Obama on His Muslim Heritage

By Barack Obama

There has been a lot made in the recent weeks about the Muslim history of my family. Some of the things that have been said are true, others are false, so I am writing this letter to clear up the misunderstandings on this issue.

Yes, it is true that I have a name that is common amongst Kenyan Muslims where my father came from and that my middle name is Hussein. Barack is a name which means "blessing" and Hussein is a masculine form of the word beauty. Since there is nothing inherently wrong with the concept of blessings from God and the beauty He creates I fail to see the problem with these names. Some will say wouldn't it be a problem to have a president with a name similar to the deposed and executed former dictator of Iraq? My answer to this is simply no; rather it is the strength and beauty of America that the son of an African man with a "funny sounding" name, born under British Colonial Rule, can now be a serious candidate for the presidency of the United States .

My father was a Muslim and although I did not know him well the religion of my father and his family was always something I had an interest in. This interest became more intense when my mother married an Indonesian Muslim man and as a small child I lived in Indonesia and attended school alongside Muslim pupils. I saw their parents dutifully observing the daily prayers, the mothers covered in the Muslim hijab, the atmosphere of the school change during Ramadan, and the festiveness of the Eid celebrations.

The man my mother was married to was not particularly religious; but he would attend the mosque on occasion, and had copies of the Quran in different languages in the home, and books of the sayings and life of the Prophet Muhammad. From time to time he would quote Islamic phrases such as "no one truly believes until he wants for his brother what he wants for himself", "oppression is worse than slaughter", and "all humans are equal the only difference comes from our deeds".

Growing up in Hawaii with my mother and her grandparents Islam largely escaped my mind. My mother installed in me the values of humanism and I did not grow-up in a home where religion was taught.

It was later while I attended college at Columbia University and Harvard Law that I became reacquainted with Muslims as both schools had large Muslims student populations. Some of them were my friends and many came from countries that our nation now has hostile relations with. The background I had from my early childhood in Indonesia helped me get to know them and learn from them and to me Muslims are not to be looked upon as something strange. In my experiences up until college a Muslim was no less exotic to me than a Mormon, a Jew, or a Jehovah's Witness.

After college I settled in my adopted hometown of Chicago and lived on the South Side and worked as a community organizer. Chicago has one of the largest Muslim populations in America (estimated to be around 300,000) and Muslims make-up some of the most productive citizens in the area. I met countless numbers of Muslims in my job as an organizer and later on in my early political career. I ate in their homes, played with their kids, and looked at them as friends and peers and sought their advice.

Therefore, when the tragic terrorist attacks of 9-11 occurred I was deeply saddened with the rest of America , and I wanted justice for the victims of this horrific attack, but I did not blame all Muslims or the religion of Islam. From my experience I knew the good character of most Muslims and the value that they bring to America. Many, who did not personally know Muslims, indicted the entire religion for the bad actions of a few; my experience taught me that this was something foolish and unwise.

Later I had the chance to visit the homeland of my father and meet Muslim relatives of my including my grandmother. I found that these were people who wanted the same things out of life as people right here in America and worked hard, strive to make a better way for their children, and prayed to God to grant them success.

This is what I will bring to the office of the Presidency of the United States. I will deal with Muslims from a position of familiarity and respect and at this time in the history of our nation that is something sorely needed .

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

EinsteinsGirl

NEWLY WED! - Child of a Genius!
Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Uh, no. Divination is the attempt to foretell the future by some ritual.
First, you need to check out the definition and etymology of the word divination.
Second, when Hillary is getting advise and messages from a dead person, she does so for her use in the future (even if it's used 5 minutes from the moment she receives messages from the dead woman, it is still 'the future'.)
div·i·na·tion [noun]
The practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means
late 14c., from Old French divination (13c.), from Latin divinationem (nominative divinatio) "the power of foreseeing, prediction"

Upvote 0

EinsteinsGirl

NEWLY WED! - Child of a Genius!
Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Both Bill and Hillary Clinton are associated with, and take counsel from New Age-occult teachers who believe in and profess to speak to spirits of dead people (aka divination).

"At A Difficult Time, First Lady Reaches Out, Looks Within",
by Bob Woodward, Washington Post Staff Writer, The Washington Post, Sunday, June 23, 1996, p. A1, 20.

"President Clinton and his wife, Hillary, invited a group of popular self-help writers to Camp David to help them dissect what had happened in the first two years of the presidency and to search for a way back after the Democrat's devastating loss to the Republicans in the 1994 congressional elections. They met the weekend beginning Friday, Dec. 30, 1994."

"Three of the attendees were well-known: Anthony Robbins, author of 'Awaken The Giant Within'; Marianne Williamson, author of 'A Return To Love'; and Stephen R. Covey, author of 'The Seven Habits of Highly Successful Effective People' . Their names later leaked out publicly and all three declined to discuss the substance of the meeting. The identities of the two others did not leak, and they were the ones who played a significant role over the weekend and the year that followed."

"The first was Jean Houston, co-director of the Foundation for Mind Research, which studies psychic experience and altered and expanded consciousness. Houston, then 55, the author of 14 books, was one of the most high-energy seminar leaders in the country. She was a believer in spirits, mythic and other connections to history and to other worlds. Houston believed that her personal archetypal predecessor was Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom. She conducted extensive dialogues with Athena ... Houston wore an ancient Hellenistic coin of Athena set in a medallion around her neck all the time." [Note the word, dialogues , in this sentence. Carrying on an imaginary conversation with someone using vivid mental techniques still does not result in "dialogues"; only an actual seance would produce dialogue. The only way in which Jean Houston could have a dialogue with Athena is through a seance; however, because Houston and other New Agers know that the general public is not yet ready for seances, they disguise their activity as imagination.]
. http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1265.cfm

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
First, you need to check out the definition and etymology of the word divination

The etymology is obvious. As for the definition:

div·i·na·tion [noun]
The practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means

I believe that is what I said.

Second, when Hillary is getting advise and messages from a dead person, she does so for her use in the future

Except she isn't. She is playing a game called WWRD (What would Roosevelt do.)

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not since becoming a Christian. It is forbidden and called "divination".
Saying one is "pretending" to talk to dead people is retarded (before getting offended about the word retarded, look up the meaning, it applies).
SHE didn't say she had a pretend conversation with Eleanor - She told Bill that she literally had one AND claimed Eleanor answered her.
That leaves 2 options
1. necromancy
2. crazier than a bag of hammers
I feel the same about prayer.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Both Bill and Hillary Clinton are associated with, and take counsel from New Age-occult teachers who believe in and profess to speak to spirits of dead people (aka divination).

. http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1265.cfm

If you got this information from an unbiased source it might have some credibility. Jean Houston is a bit New Ageish, but I found no credible source which claims she engages in seances. (And, no that is not divination.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Incidentally, I would have translated Hussein as handsome rather than beauty. Beauty is Jamal in Arabic. And I wouldn't have called his father a Muslim because he had been baptized as a Christian when he was six and was a Communist by the time he married Obama's mother.
Pfft! Details...:rolleyes: You forget what's important:
:mad: iObama! :mad:

ETA: and :mad: iHillary! :mad:

Reactions: smaneck
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Interesting how the Right hates Muslims so much that they insist that Obama being one would somehow be an issue.

PROTIP: He's black, too -- but I suspect they already knew that.

Upvote 0