Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The Harvard Law School graduate got it wrong, again. As Andrew McCarthy notes, the immigration law explicitly requires religious considerations. How could it do otherwise? Religion is a prime reason why people are persecuted and expelled from their homelands.

The Obama administration’s Department of State also considers religion. Syrian Muslims showing up at the border with Mexico are being welcomed, but Chaldean Christians fleeing the horror and brutality of the Islamic State are being incarcerated in a federal detention center outside of San Diego, and Yazidis are not even on the administration’s radar.

http://www.radixnews.com/2015/11/27/obamas-refugee-policy-no-christians-need-apply/

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,199.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What the President actually said was:

‘We don’t have religious tests for our compassion’
, Obama blasted suggestions from some Republicans that the White House should use religion as a litmus test to determine which applicants are given entry.

“That's not American, it's not who we are,” Obama said in a wide-ranging speech about his plan to allow 10,000 vetted Syrian refugees into the U.S.

He urged America’s politicians to fight the “dark impulse” to judge people for their beliefs.

“When I hear folks say that, well, maybe we should just admit the Christians but not the Muslims, when I hear political leaders suggesting that there would be a religious test for which person who's fleeing from a war-torn country is admitted, when some of those folks themselves come from families who benefited from protection when they were fleeing political persecution, that's shameful,” the President added.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ical-policy-syrian-refugees-article-1.2436464

And so, of course, the REAL bigots, the nominal Christians who don't understand the Gospel message of Jesus, are accusing President Obama of doing what THEY are doing in trying to bar Muslim refugees.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,199.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Obama thinking he can do things without God. We can have compassion outside of religion. Good luck with that.
Muslims believe in the same God--and even if they didn't, God loves all people and Jesus came to earth and died for all people.

There is absolutely no indication in legitimate sources that the President planned on excluding people of any faith. Fact of the matter is that Christians comprise only about 10% of refugees.

In such desperate circumstances, I think we need to consider things like the degree of danger and deprivation refugees are in, taking the neediest first. While we should favor women and children, we should try not to separate families--keeping families together is a Catholic value.

I sure am glad that God is better than those who preach hate from the pulpits and governors who preach hate from 30 state houses.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You can't have compassion without God?
Taking God out of our own equation but trying to simulate compassion... Good luck with that. Good luck Obama. You have made a MESS of everything, good luck with the refugees.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Compassion comes from God. We can have nothing without God. Like I said, good luck if we think we can simulate the things of God.
Tough for us who don't have God. Wonder where are compassion comes from? Or are we all compassionless?

Upvote 0

One Voice Among Many1

Nov 16, 2015
✟20,953.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Tough for us who don't have God. Wonder where are compassion comes from? Or are we all compassionless?

I am with you. I beg to differ with the opinion that people cannot have compassion without God.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
God. That's where it comes from. If you are compassionate, its from God. Obama tries to simulate God. There is difference in what he's doing. He's on purpose taking God out and simulating God's attributes. Trying to be God, if you will. Good luck with that.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
God. That's where it comes from. If you are compassionate, its from God. Obama tries to simulate God. There is difference in what he's doing. He's on purpose taking God out and simulating God's attributes. Trying to be God, if you will. Good luck with that.

But surely that doesn't mean you think compassion is limited to Christians, but rather that the idea of compassion was put inside of us by our creator, right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
But Obama's a Christian and I'm at best an agnostic, so he believes in a God that then gives him compassion, and despite my prayers for a seed of faith, I don't. Yet I don't think I lack compassion.
But I apologize, my frustration in decades of seeking belief and not finding any is starting to grow, time to step away. Sorry for hijacking the tread, please return to the Obama bashing based on dubious sources.

Upvote 0

One Voice Among Many1

Nov 16, 2015
✟20,953.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
But surely that doesn't mean you think compassion is limited to Christians, but rather that the idea of compassion was put inside of us by our creator, right?

Exactly. I have known many people who were not Christian, but they showed more compassion than a lot of the Christians I knew. And that is why I disagreed with the opinion that people could not have compassionate without God being in their life.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
But Obama's a Christian and I'm at best an agnostic, so he believes in a God that then gives him compassion, and despite my prayers for a seed of faith, I don't. Yet I don't think I lack compassion.
But I apologize, my frustration in decades of seeking belief and not finding any is starting to grow, time to step away. Sorry for hijacking the tread, please return to the Obama bashing based on dubious sources.
Obama's a Christian? Like I said, simulation.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Exactly. I have known many people who were not Christian, but they showed more compassion than a lot of the Christians I knew. And that is why I disagreed with the opinion that people could not have compassionate without God being in their life.
Never said God has to be in one's life. Said anything good comes from Him. He is the author of good, He is good. If anyone thinks they can simulate this outside of God...good luck! He is the author of good.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0