Vancouver
✟16,568.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Sometimes I wish I would have traveled more, and maybe lived in another country for a year. Sometimes I even wish I had experienced a mild heartbreak at some point, just to understand that bit of human experience. (Ridiculous, but true.)

But those are really just fleeting thoughts. I wouldn't change any of the choices I've made, I feel like I've been following God's path for me, and that all is well.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is there anything that you had wish you had learned or done while you were still single? What and why?

Do you feel like you used your single life wisely for God?

I didn't use even a minute of my single life for God.

I guess I wish I'd become a Christian sooner, but honestly I tend not to have a lot of regrets about my past because I think all of it led me to where I ended up -- and all of it, whether I knew it or not, whether I wanted it to or not, was still with God's hand on me. I made bad choices at times, and I had bad things happen to me at times, but it's all made me who I am, so I can't really complain.

Upvote 0

Adamantium

Sep 29, 2007
✟6,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't use even a minute of my single life for God.

I guess I wish I'd become a Christian sooner, but honestly I tend not to have a lot of regrets about my past because I think all of it led me to where I ended up -- and all of it, whether I knew it or not, whether I wanted it to or not, was still with God's hand on me. I made bad choices at times, and I had bad things happen to me at times, but it's all made me who I am, so I can't really complain.
I see that snoochface and I are sharing a brain again. I second every single point of her post.

Reactions: snoochface
Upvote 0

invisiblebabe

He will restore the years the locust hath eaten
Feb 12, 2004
Second star to the right, and straight on 'til mor
✟20,234.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I did the best I could with the little I had. Reading my old journals from when I was a teenager, I had a great heart for God, and I was also very lonely (for good reason too, as despite my best attempts to get plugged into a good community, it did not work). If I'd been blessed with more in the way of fellowship and community, things would've likely been much different, but it did not go that way. I honestly wish my husband and I would have met in our late teens.

Upvote 0

servingtheking

Jul 4, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟8,722.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
£amb;49929576 said:
I wish I learned to set money aside for future expenses like auto expenses, college expenses, kid's future college expenses.

Agreed. I realize that it would have been nice to save a bit more of the money I had earned before. And maybe paid a bit more of my college loans off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zeo

Nov 10, 2007
✟7,912.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wish that I had trusted that God would bring me my ideal mate. I wish I had believed in myself and my values, and I wish I would have held out for them just a bit longer before becoming a hardened cynic.

Now I'm married to the man I prayed for, and I wish I could have saved myself the years of worry and doubt I had before meeting him. I also wish I could have been more patient and trusting, but I've learned those things now.

As for traveling: I've traveled far more than I could have ever hoped to since I found my husband.

Upvote 0

tessas212

Dog Behavior Consultant
Jul 16, 2006
Ohio
✟16,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I honestly do not have regrets of not doing more while I was single. I do believe my time spent single, although perhaps not for God(as I was an athiest), was good, honest, and spent wisely in constant striving to improve myself and help others.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟844,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anything I regret doing, or not doing, has nothing to do with the fact that Mike and I are now married. There is nothing that being married to him prevents me from doing, that I could do as a single person. However, there are regrets:

I wish I had married Mike the first time.
I wish I had saved myself for marriage.
I wish I had healed and recovered more, and been a bit more independent *before* we married. Mike has been wonderful in helping me recover, but it would have been nice to recover beforehand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums