endtimewarrior

Soldier of Truth
Jun 19, 2013
✟373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So if a person claims to not sin anymore in the power of living by the Holy Spirit -he is a liar.

Yes, the flesh and spirit are always at war. We will always be guilty of sin as it is our nature. Anyone who claims that he has no sin is a liar and the truth is not in him.

Upvote 0

endtimewarrior

Soldier of Truth
Jun 19, 2013
✟373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If a man is locked away in solitary confinement with only a bible and calendar, do you still think its impossible for them to not sin?

At my Church we say that we sin in thought, word, and deed. So a man who is locked away will still sin.

Upvote 0

endtimewarrior

Soldier of Truth
Jun 19, 2013
✟373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What if the man locked away is doing nothing but praying, praising and reading about God?

I would say yes he is still in a sinful and fallen condition. He misses the mark of God's perfection. He will still sin in thought and word if not also in deed.

Upvote 0

QueSi

Jan 15, 2013
Mississippi
✟2,027.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
endtimewarrior said:
Remember it was the Pharisee's who thought they were better than the tax-collectors. It was they who believed they had no sin and it was they that Jesus condemned.

I remember, I read about it daily. I would never think myself better than anyone as I don't want to be found judging. Nor do I or have I ever thought I had never sinned, but I accept that it is possible to stop sinning. The road is straight and narrow, but it is a road that can be walked down.

Upvote 0

QueSi

Jan 15, 2013
Mississippi
✟2,027.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
endtimewarrior said:
I would say yes he is still in a sinful and fallen condition. He misses the mark of God's perfection. He will still sin in thought and word if not also in deed.

How can he sin in thought and word if all of his thoughts and deeds are directed towards God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QueSi

Jan 15, 2013
Mississippi
✟2,027.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
endtimewarrior said:
The narrow road is Jesus and faith in him and the cross.

The narrow road is not ceasing to sin.

The narrow road is following his teachings. Faith in him means believing and following his teachings. The cross was to prove his teachings. By walking the narrow road, there is no room for sin.

Upvote 0

endtimewarrior

Soldier of Truth
Jun 19, 2013
✟373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How can he sin in thought and word if all of his thoughts and deeds are directed towards God?

No ones thoughts and deeds will be constantly directed towards God. We are selfish beings. It's not possible or in our nature. You have concocted an impossible scenario. No one ceases from sin.

Upvote 0

QueSi

Jan 15, 2013
Mississippi
✟2,027.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
endtimewarrior said:
No ones thoughts and deeds will be constantly directed towards God. We are selfish beings. It's not possible or in our nature. You have concocted an impossible scenario. No one ceases from sin.

Why did Jesus instruct the woman to "go and sin no more"? Was he giving an impossible instruction?

Upvote 0

endtimewarrior

Soldier of Truth
Jun 19, 2013
✟373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The narrow road is following his teachings. Faith in him means believing and following his teachings. The cross was to prove his teachings. By walking the narrow road, there is no room for sin.

No, the cross is the whole point why Jesus came. It is that to which we are to place our faith in. Faith in him and what he did for us is the narrow road.

John 3:14-15
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

QueSi

Jan 15, 2013
Mississippi
✟2,027.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
endtimewarrior said:
No, the cross is the whole point why Jesus came. It is that to which we are to place our faith in. Faith in him and what he did for us is the narrow road.

John 3:14-15
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

If someone believes in him, then they must believe in his teachings and to believe in his teachings and decide to not follow them makes it seem like they don't believe in what he instructed.

Upvote 0

endtimewarrior

Soldier of Truth
Jun 19, 2013
✟373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why did Jesus instruct the woman to "go and sin no more"? Was he giving an impossible instruction?

Yes, Jesus often laid down the law full well knowing that it was impossible for us sinful fallen creatures to keep. The law is there to show us our sin and need for a savior.

You need to get an understanding of the proper distinction between law and gospel. You are mingling the two.

I recommend you read: "The Proper Distinction Between Law and Gospel" by C.F.W. Walther.

You can find it available to read online or order it from amazon.

Upvote 0

QueSi

Jan 15, 2013
Mississippi
✟2,027.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
endtimewarrior said:
Yes, Jesus often laid down the law full well knowing that it was impossible for us sinful fallen creatures to keep. The law is there to show us our sin and need for a savior.

You need to get an understanding of the proper distinction between law and gospel. You are mingling the two.

I recommend you read: "The Proper Distinction Between Law and Gospel" by C.F.W. Walther.

You can find it available to read online or order it from amazon.

Thanks, but the bible is the only book on religion that I read.

Why would he tell the woman to do something that you think is impossible? Do you think we unintentionally sin?

Upvote 0

endtimewarrior

Soldier of Truth
Jun 19, 2013
✟373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If someone believes in him, then they must believe in his teachings and to believe in his teachings and decide to not follow them makes it seem like they don't believe in what he instructed.

I have never met anyone who follows Jesus teaching and walks in perfect love.

We are all in need of a savior and the forgiveness that comes through faith in the cross of Christ. That is the narrow road.

Upvote 0

endtimewarrior

Soldier of Truth
Jun 19, 2013
✟373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, but the bible is the only book on religion that I read.

You'd do good to broaden your horizons.

Why would he tell the woman to do something that you think is impossible?

Why did Jesus do many of the sensational things that he did.

Do you think we unintentionally sin?

Yes, sometimes. Sin is our condition. We have missed the mark of God's perfection. We are never not sinful.

Upvote 0