Not Overcoming

C

child630

I have a lust problem. I have been entertaining it. This is an abomination. I can't keep sinning like this. I know God is a merciful God, but his mercy has limits. This is going to destroy my soul. Don't I realize hell is a real place, and those who practice lawlessness will be thrown into hell. I don't want this for myself. Please pray for me

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father God, grant this one strength and deliver him from temptation, In Jesus Name, Amen

I believe if you keep repenting and asking God to help you, that He will do just that and help you to overcome. It's one thing that it comes into your mind, that's not a sin, that is a temptation, but it is a sin if you entertain the thoughts and act on them. That needs to be repented of.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,476.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have a lust problem. I have been entertaining it. This is an abomination. I can't keep sinning like this. I know God is a merciful God, but his mercy has limits. This is going to destroy my soul. Don't I realize hell is a real place, and those who practice lawlessness will be thrown into hell. I don't want this for myself. Please pray for me

Just a thought. Have you tried fasting? Of course it has to not be bad for your personal health level. Sometimes once a week water fasting, again if your health permits it, can work wonders. "This type goes not out but by prayer and fasting" is sometimes the case.

Praying you will be led to what is the best approach for you, and freedom.

Upvote 0

Baruch1981

I am Blessed!
Jun 7, 2012
✟15,318.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Some things that really need to be called to attention here. The question isnt "Dont I realize hell is a real place?" The question is " Do I know the difference between practicing sin and having an addiction" You have an addiction, and the Lord knows this and you are not the only one. And there is hope.

You say that God's mercy has limits but thats not true, God knows your heart, He knows that you want this to end, but your struggling.

Hang in there :) :groupray:

Upvote 0
C

child630

Some things that really need to be called to attention here. The question isnt "Dont I realize hell is a real place?" The question is " Do I know the difference between practicing sin and having an addiction" You have an addiction, and the Lord knows this and you are not the only one. And there is hope.

You say that God's mercy has limits but thats not true, God knows your heart, He knows that you want this to end, but your struggling.

Hang in there :) :groupray:

You are right. The Bible says his mercy is everlasting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums