Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Alright. Then I disagree with this too. Let's get an all-women panel together to talk about it.
Go for it, although it doesn't make much sense

A better subject would be whether or not Obama's mandate includes vasectomies, and if not, why not?

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
The traditional "knock" against Catholics holding political office in American has been that in case of a conflict, they would place their Church affiliation ahead of their public duties.

Given that there are 2 Catholic presidential candidates currently vying for the GOP nomination, do the American Bishops really want to wind back the clock by contributing to an antiChurch "backlash" during the 2012 Election - among nonCatholics in general and women in particular!

I've already seen signs of it in this and other forums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

QuiltAngel

Veteran
Apr 10, 2006
Somewhere on planet earth
✟15,847.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Wow, this didn't take long

"Vasectomies, on the other hand, are banned by Catholic-sponsored health insurance. "We have the same objection to male sterilization as to the female variety," Doerflinger says."

So, the Catholic sponsored insurance does provide equal treatment.

I also must ask the questions, what disease does birth control and abortions prevent? The primary purpose of birth control is to prevent conception. I don't know of too many people who would consider a baby a disease.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I also must ask the questions, what disease does birth control and abortions prevent? The primary purpose of birth control is to prevent conception. I don't know of too many people who would consider a baby a disease.
A punishment, according to our president, but not a disease.

So unless Obamacare requires insurance companies to provide vasectomies free to men, it means that it is actually the government, the liberal controlled administration, that is treating people unequally.

Where is the call for justice, for equality from our liberal friends?

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A punishment, according to our president, but not a disease.

So unless Obamacare requires insurance companies to provide vasectomies free to men, it means that it is actually the government, the liberal controlled administration, that is treating people unequally.

Where is the call for justice, for equality from our liberal friends?
Which member of the liberal controlled administration is your friend?

Upvote 0
A

AtheistVet

Diabetes and eclampsia for starters.

Upvote 0

QuiltAngel

Veteran
Apr 10, 2006
Somewhere on planet earth
✟15,847.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Make that gestational diabetes which usually goes away after delivery. Same thing with the hypertension. Once diagnosed, the mother usually has more frequent prenatal appointments. All very treatable during pregnancy, but yes a short term disease.

Those who call BC preventive medicine are making the leap that pregnancy itself is a disease.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

AtheistVet

Make that gestational diabetes which usually goes away after delivery. Same thing with the hypertension. Once diagnosed, the mother usually has more frequent prenatal appointments. All very treatable during pregnancy, but yes a short term disease.

So it's not preventative medicine if it treats diseases that go away?

Those who call BC preventive medicine are making the leap that pregnancy itself is a disease.

No, they're not, you're just trying to demonize the opposition.

Upvote 0

SentWest

Habitual Lurker
Oct 16, 2010
✟15,352.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Women often are helpless to make their husbands or boyfriends wear condoms each and every time. Not every marriage and relationship is a good one, even Catholic ones. What you are arguing is that the woman be dependent on the goodwill and good acts of the man in her life instead of being in control her own sexuality.

Are you a time traveller from the 1950's?

I'm just asking because you seem to believe that women are these cowed little shrinking violets, completely dominated by their male counterparts and in need of a Daddy Government to save their fragile hides.

What I am arguing is that women are in control of their sexuality, and really don't need another layer of paternalism they'll be demanded to depend on.

See, I see women as strong and equal to men, in control of their sexuality and perfectly capable of making reasoned decisions. Apparantly you see them as weak and dependent on men, and in need of someone to tell them what to do.

Upvote 0