May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
There are a lot of reasons one can have for not going to church.

You said yourself that the reason you aren't going to church is not that you hate other believers. So, hating other believers wouldn't be a sign of you not going.

If people around you are thinking you aren't going because you hate other believers, and such a thing bothers you, tell them that isn't the case, and elaborate if you wish. If they don't believe you after that, so what, you tried.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you cant "go to a church " . you can Go to a building , go to a movie , go to a meeting .. but you cant go to a church
you cam be a living part of the called out ones (ecclessia ) but man made clubs that sing 3 fast songs 3 slow songs ,listen to a man with a microphone ,pay some money have coffee ,feel good about themselves and then go and do their own will.. is not "church "

we are told to be disciples .. not go to club meetings .

Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is not going to church a sign of hating other believers?

I only ask because I do not attend church, not because I hate Christians, but because I am afraid of being hated.

The Church is designed by God to be a blessing to us. We are supposed to be in relationships with other believers, using our spiritual gifts to uphold the body.

Not everyone in a church is believer. Not every Christian treats every other Christian as God would have them--Christians are sinners. Nevertheless, imperfect as we are, God still wants us to be in fellowship with each other. In fact, He commands it (see Hebrews 10:24-25). I know experientially that it's nearly impossible to live a godly life in a vacuum (except maybe if you're in solitary confinement for your faith... God can give those people a special strength despite their separation from the body).

God gave us one another commands (search for "one another" in the New Testament) and we can't obey these commands if we aren't in fellowship with other believers. Being in loving relationships are what God designed to make us all grow towards spiritual maturity, to give us joy, and to testify to the world that our God is alive and powerful, because of our love for each other (see John 17).

Are you reading 1 John? Is that where your question comes from? Let God show you if you are in the faith. I cannot answer that question, if that's what you're concerned about.

God bless.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟285,213.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Christians are sinners.
Nope. You can't be both. Either one is a Christian or one is a sinner. Yes, Christians sometimes sin, but it is not our nature. If you are hanging with a bunch of people whose nature is still sin, and they call themselves Christians, find new people to be around, ones that will encourage you to walk in biblical grace. And that is the point of church meetings--uplifting fellowship. If one can't find a church that is edifying I think that it is perfectly acceptable to look for other ways to be in fellowship, but church should be edifying and we should notice the lack of fellowship and shared worship if we aren't gathering together. The bible does say not to forsake assembling together.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nope. You can't be both. Either one is a Christian or one is a sinner. Yes, Christians sometimes sin, but it is not our nature. If you are hanging with a bunch of people whose nature is still sin, and they call themselves Christians, find new people to be around, ones that will encourage you to walk in biblical grace. And that is the point of church meetings--uplifting fellowship. If one can't find a church that is edifying I think that it is perfectly acceptable to look for other ways to be in fellowship, but church should be edifying and we should notice the lack of fellowship and shared worship if we aren't gathering together. The bible does say not to forsake assembling together.
How are Christians not both? This is a new one.

Any Christian that says they are not a sinner is a Christian to run away from VERY quickly.

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Is not going to church a sign of hating other believers?

I only ask because I do not attend church, not because I hate Christians, but because I am afraid of being hated.

I understand to a certain degree how you feel but know that when God saved you He saved you into His family, you belong in Gods family. So no matter how you are treated or whether people accept you or not in the church you are talking about, you belong in the family of God.
When God first freed me and I started going to church again I was afraid of being rejected but God reassured me I had every right as His child to be at church as much as any other child of His, so be encouraged and if God is leading you to go to church then go and enjoy the singing and being able to praise Him in that way. Go to church for God and don't worry what others may think or do. God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
I understand to a certain degree how you feel but know that when God saved you He saved you into His family, you belong in Gods family. So no matter how you are treated or whether people accept you or not in the church you are talking about, you belong in the family of God.
When God first freed me and I started going to church again I was afraid of being rejected but God reassured me I had every right as His child to be at church as much as any other child of His, so be encouraged and if God is leading you to go to church then go and enjoy the singing and being able to praise Him in that way. Go to church for God and don't worry what others may think or do. God bless you.

I get it. Thank you

Reactions: FoundInGrace
Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
The Church is designed by God to be a blessing to us. We are supposed to be in relationships with other believers, using our spiritual gifts to uphold the body.

Not everyone in a church is believer. Not every Christian treats every other Christian as God would have them--Christians are sinners. Nevertheless, imperfect as we are, God still wants us to be in fellowship with each other. In fact, He commands it (see Hebrews 10:24-25). I know experientially that it's nearly impossible to live a godly life in a vacuum (except maybe if you're in solitary confinement for your faith... God can give those people a special strength despite their separation from the body).

God gave us one another commands (search for "one another" in the New Testament) and we can't obey these commands if we aren't in fellowship with other believers. Being in loving relationships are what God designed to make us all grow towards spiritual maturity, to give us joy, and to testify to the world that our God is alive and powerful, because of our love for each other (see John 17).

Are you reading 1 John? Is that where your question comes from? Let God show you if you are in the faith. I cannot answer that question, if that's what you're concerned about.

God bless.

Maintaining relationships is very difficult for me. But I am sure you are right.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
you cant "go to a church " . you can Go to a building , go to a movie , go to a meeting .. but you cant go to a church
you cam be a living part of the called out ones (ecclessia ) but man made clubs that sing 3 fast songs 3 slow songs ,listen to a man with a microphone ,pay some money have coffee ,feel good about themselves and then go and do their own will.. is not "church "

we are told to be disciples .. not go to club meetings .

Huh that's interesting.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
There are a lot of reasons one can have for not going to church.

You said yourself that the reason you aren't going to church is not that you hate other believers. So, hating other believers wouldn't be a sign of you not going.

If people around you are thinking you aren't going because you hate other believers, and such a thing bothers you, tell them that isn't the case, and elaborate if you wish. If they don't believe you after that, so what, you tried.

No, they're not really saying that I hate other believers. But I watch videos on YouTube about going to church. And other Christians are saying that if you are not going to church, it is a sign that you are not loving other believers. Well not quite like that, but they are saying that how can you love other believers if you don't go to church. I don't know, I just watch a lot of YouTube videos of how Christians think.

Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maintaining relationships is very difficult for me. But I am sure you are right.

It can be hard for me sometimes, too. It's gotten a lot better, but I can't forget how I used to head for the door pretty much the moment Bible study was over because everyone was talking to someone and I was too afraid to face the uncomfort of not talking to anyone or the awkwardness of introducing myself to groups of two or more friends already talking. I remember when a leader said, "Bye, [my name]!" as I quickly departed. I was shocked they noticed me leaving and that they remembered my name. Eventually I made some friends and friendly acquaintances and had a really good experience in that Bible study. The relationships I made with the people helped draw me out of my shell. I began to gain confidence to pursue Christian friendships and do other things like sing in front of a group--something I had done as a child but was terrified to do for so long. This was probably less than ten years ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
It can be hard for me sometimes, too. It's gotten a lot better, but I can't forget how I used to head for the door pretty much the moment Bible study was over because everyone was talking to someone and I was too afraid to face the uncomfort of not talking to anyone or the awkwardness of introducing myself to groups of two or more friends already talking. I remember when a leader said, "Bye, [my name]!" as I quickly departed. I was shocked they noticed me leaving and that they remembered my name. Eventually I made some friends and friendly acquaintances and had a really good experience in that Bible study. The relationships I made with the people helped draw me out of my shell. I began to gain confidence to pursue Christian friendships and do other things like sing in front of a group--something I had done as a child but was terrified to do for so long. This was probably less than ten years ago.

Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: Luke17:37
Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Why do you feel that people will hate you? Should I bring up the fact that the picture you display shows that your skin is black. TD Jakes is black look him up on youtube.

You can't decide that the church is wrong for you unless you attend one ... step out in faith. How many churches do you have to choose from? I only have three myself ...

Alitthis is right don't go to club meetings, but fellowship with like minded people on their way to heaven is why we should go to church.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Why do you feel that people will hate you? Should I bring up the fact that the picture you display shows that your skin is black. TD Jakes is black look him up on youtube.

You can't decide that the church is wrong for you unless you attend one ... step out in faith. How many churches do you have to choose from? I only have three myself ...

Alitthis is right don't go to club meetings, but fellowship with like minded people on their way to heaven is why we should go to church.

I appreciate what you are saying.

But I have developmental problems.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I appreciate what you are saying.

But I have developmental problems.
Usually are fears are much greater than reality.

And you know what, I have a problem, not like yours but a condition. All people are not ever going to understand things. Many will not take the time to get to know you well enough to even know that you have developmental problems, they will see something from a distance and judge you. Christians and non-Christians.

Maybe realize that some will misjudge you a head of time. I feel if I know and prepare for what is probable to happen, then I am much more prepared when it probably does.

I hope this helps a little.

Be blessed.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Usually are fears are much greater than reality.

And you know what, I have a problem, not like yours but a condition. All people are not ever going to understand things. Many will not take the time to get to know you well enough to even know that you have developmental problems, they will see something from a distance and judge you. Christians and non-Christians.

Maybe realize that some will misjudge you a head of time. I feel if I know and prepare for what is probable to happen, then I am much more prepared when it probably does.

I hope this helps a little.

Be blessed.

This does help. Thank you

God bless

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0