Not Even Sure

May 6, 2007
✟7,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm new to this site, and in a way to Christianity as a whole. I was raised Christian by my mother and I attend church pretty much every Sunday and I believe. But it's hard to always have faith. It seems like every time that I begin to get faith something happens to test me and I am thrown 10 steps backwards, although I know it is at those times my faith should be strongest.
It just seems like everything is crashing down around me and I don't even know if Jesus even hears me anymore. I want to believe and to be a true Christian, I just don't know if I can. I know what the bible says, so I know that technically I can be one. It's just...you know those times when you just want to throw eveything down and walk away. That has been my life for the past few years, well nine to be exact. And that wouldn't be so bad except i'm only 18 now. My brain is telling me that if this is how bad it gets when i'm not sure about my religion why even go there. But my heart tells me it will be easier if I do become sure.
So I guess this is basically a prayer request. For me to become a better/actual chrisitian. For me to over come all the trials and tribulations in my life, as opposed to trying to run through them and/or act like they are just not their. And for me to realize that even if I can not stand on my own feet, there is someone who is ther and who will carry me should I fall.

S

StarryEyes

Praying for you! We all stumble at times. Remember that God is perfect, and the rest of us come short. That's part of what makes God's Love for us so amazing, and also the forgiveness. While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us! Life isn't about being perfect, although sometimes it's easy to get that idea. Just do the best you can, be the best you can be, pray, believe, we can't get to heaven on our own. It's by Grace we have been saved. (Read Romans 2) We all can be better, and can do better. Each of us falls short and we desperately need God! So thankful that Father God sent His only begotten Son to die for each of us, not because we deserve it, but because He loves us!

Keep your chin up,
Amy

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Understand that it's not always easy to have faith but I've learned that faith comes through hearing. So speak and meditate on scriptures such as "Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

God is as close as our praises because Psa 22:3 says so - "God inhabits in the praises of His people (Psalms 22:3)."

Know that "The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah." Psa 46:11

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you!
Keep looking to God - faith is a gift from Him!
He loves you very, very much.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Upvote 0

burn97

A Bruised Reed Yet My Gentle King Loves Me Anyway
Aug 19, 2006
Illinois
Visit site
✟35,559.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
O Glorious Father, surround our sister this day. Let Your Hand lead her from doubt, from fear, and trouble. Let Your Mighty Word be upon her heart, filling her beyond measure with Your Truth and Your Love. My Lord, You daughter cries out to You, and You are faithful, hearing and answering. Praise You O King, Praise Your Awesome Name!
Father, let our sister continue to seek You, let her continue to stand firm in You knowing that You are with her always, that Your Will for her life is being accomplished. Father God, bring her strength and wisdom, peace and understanding. In the Mighty name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen
:prayer:

Upvote 0

sistakrista

PLEASE, PLEASE FEED YOUR PET! THEY ARE HUNGRY!
Aug 30, 2006
by the Arch
✟11,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
O Glorious Father, surround our sister this day. Let Your Hand lead her from doubt, from fear, and trouble. Let Your Mighty Word be upon her heart, filling her beyond measure with Your Truth and Your Love. My Lord, You daughter cries out to You, and You are faithful, hearing and answering. Praise You O King, Praise Your Awesome Name!
Father, let our sister continue to seek You, let her continue to stand firm in You knowing that You are with her always, that Your Will for her life is being accomplished. Father God, bring her strength and wisdom, peace and understanding. In the Mighty name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen
:prayer:

I agree, in the name of Jesus!
Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums