Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Most Americans seem to vote for hype rather than substance, and that's sad.

And as for Iraq, Bush asked for and received Congressional approval for that war by votes of 296-133 in the House and 77-23 in the Senate. There is that bipartisanship you folks on the left are always whining about.

Proving that Americans vote hype over substance on issues as well as on people.

America actually has me thinking that democracy doesn't work. Because the majority of people are idiots and they elect idiots to govern them. At least the idiots on the right elect strong leaders, the idiots on the left elect people just because they can give a speech even though they have no experience.

So, Bush was a "strong idiot" voted in by the right?

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Of course it is. Just because you may not find a joke made at your expense funny, doesnt mean it isnt.
Wrong again! It is not humor, it is ridicule. The point is that somebody who claims to tell it like it is cannot be honest enough to say she was insulting instead of trying to be funny. That makes her "intro" a worthless statement.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Wrong again! It is not humor, it is ridicule. The point is that somebody who claims to tell it like it is cannot be honest enough to say she was insulting instead of trying to be funny. That makes her "intro" a worthless statement.

Indeed -- it's exactly that kind of cowardice to come out swinging, then retreat to "I was only joking" when the responses start coming in.

If you meant for your posts to be nothing but meaningless drivel to be laughed at, you shouldn't have to tell us -- most of us have probably already figured it out.

Reactions: SOAD
Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ridicule can be humorous too, sport.

Upvote 0

RETS

Telling it like it is
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
✟10,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Humor at the expense of others is not humor. Apparently you do not tell it like it is.

Indeed -- it's exactly that kind of cowardice to come out swinging, then retreat to "I was only joking" when the responses start coming in.

If you meant for your posts to be nothing but meaningless drivel to be laughed at, you shouldn't have to tell us -- most of us have probably already figured it out.

Would I be correct in assuming neither of you are into satire?

And I actually must apologize- I have a truly bad habit of making jokes and cracking wise according to my own sense of humor. That sense of humor is far from a shared thing, so I believe I should begin to put the ^_^ beside every instance.

Apologies if your feelings were hurt, but insulting you maliciously was not my intent.

By the way- I'm a he, not a she. ;)

@Nathan: You of all the members here ought to know (maybe) that when I'm insulting someone, I do come right out and say so. Look at any of my responses to Ibrahim and that becomes all too clear, thanks to the nature of his... Virtual persona, I guess.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Would I be correct in assuming neither of you are into satire?

Just preferring it be done right.

@Nathan: You of all the members here ought to know (maybe) that when I'm insulting someone, I do come right out and say so. Look at any of my responses to Ibrahim and that becomes all too clear, thanks to the nature of his... Virtual persona, I guess.

Alas, you haven't merited quite enough attention to notice your particular posting habits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JBJoe

Apr 8, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟22,711.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Are they? How do you figure that? And as for Iraq, Bush asked for and received Congressional approval for that war by votes of 296-133 in the House and 77-23 in the Senate. There is that bipartisanship you folks on the left are always whining about.

Every intelligence agency in the US government exists in the executive branch. It is the job of the executive branch to gather the intelligence, interpret it and make a case for action based on it to congress.

The Bush administration cooked the intelligence. You do remember things like Bush mentioning Saddam trying to buy Uranium in the State of the Union Address, right? How about Saddam's alleged mobile biological weapons factories - a story that came from a single person trying to get asylum in Germany which the Germans gave to us under a cooperative agreement but reiterated that the intelligence came from an unreliable informant - do you remember that? How about besmirching the names of incredibly honorable Americans, such as General Eric Shinseki, when they didn't repeat what the Bush administration wanted them to say? These are just the few we know of.

Congressional approval purchased with the volume of lies such as what the Bush administration spun is hardly a golden example of how the guy wasn't so bad.

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I say NObama!! However I don't attack him personally like the left does to Sarah Palin's children. The government is not my god. I don't believe that expanding govenment and borrowing from foriegn countries is right.
You may not personally attack Obama, but the right personally attacks him all day long. None of this has anything to do with Palin.

Upvote 0