✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
UberLutheran said:
Well, I don't know about you, but when I heard about Nick and Jessica, I immediately broke out into a rash, began running a temperature of 102, began running up and down the halls weeping and wailing and gnashing my teeth; then I donned a hairshirt and sackcloth and went out to sit upon ashes, beating my breast and singing lamentations.

Oh, wait: that's the story of Job. Never mind... :sorry:

I, on the other hand, prepared (and ate) a turkey sandwich and then cleaned the catbox upon hearing the news of Nick and Jessica.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

I really am sorry though to see anyone married break up, unless there is abuse.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
okay... here is the answer to the big mystery of why they call it "chicken of the sea".

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1479860/20031021/simpson_jessica.jhtml

"Back in 1914, when the company was known by another name, we were the first to can 'light' tuna," Chicken of the Sea senior vice president of marketing Don George told Simpson. "So consumers would know to expect a mild-flavored white fish — that tasted similar to chicken — the company marketed it under the name Chicken of the Sea. It was such a success that the company eventually adopted the product name."

edit to add: in no way whatsoever do I watch/endorse the trash that Mtv provides. This is all I could come up with when searching for a link.

Upvote 0

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I, for one, am sad to hear this. I don't care because she's a celebrity. I don't care because she's beautiful. I don't care because she's rich.

I care because she is a Christian who saved herself up until marriage. She publicaly said this and actualy stuck to it.

What kind of a role-model will she become to girls if her marriage doesn't hold up?

"Well, Jessica Simpson waited until marriage and later divorced. Why should I save myself up for marriage?"

Reactions: BarbB
Upvote 0

PorcelainHeart

Love me for me
Aug 22, 2005
The island
✟25,818.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it's her job to be a role model, I feel people shouldn't up to celebrities for role models. Celebrities are not perfect and will fall many times, they are only humans. Jessica Simpson changed under the influence of being fame and other celebrities. She is still probley a christian in some way, she just doesn't live the holy life.

Upvote 0

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Marmaladegirl22 said:
I don't think it's her job to be a role model, I feel people shouldn't up to celebrities for role models. Celebrities are not perfect and will fall many times, they are only humans. Jessica Simpson changed under the influence of being fame and other celebrities. She is still probley a christian in some way, she just doesn't live the holy life.

It doesn't matter if she wants to be a rolemodel or not, she has been used as a rolemodel by many people.
And as for her living the holy life...you have the capacity of judging her life? Do you live with her? Be careful with statements like that.

Upvote 0

PorcelainHeart

Love me for me
Aug 22, 2005
The island
✟25,818.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No, I don't know her, but I know no human lives a completely holy life. We all sin and make mistakes. I really like Jessica Simpson and I feel people put to much pressure on her. She got a divorce, and I see many people get divorces. Christian singer Jaci Velasquez got a divorce.

Upvote 0

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Marmaladegirl22 said:
No, I don't know her, but I know no human lives a completely holy life. We all sin and make mistakes. I really like Jessica Simpson and I feel people put to much pressure on her. She got a divorce, and I see many people get divorces. Christian singer Jaci Velasquez got a divorce.

I'm not justifying anyone just as I'm not condeming anyone. I just don't like to see posts that seem to judge others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tanya88 said:
All the celebrities get divorced.

No they don't. Kevin Bacon is still married to his wife. Here is a quote from him on the subject: "I want to see the numbers that prove that show-business marriages are any less successful than other marriages. It's just very public when they fail." He has a point. Michael J. Fox is still married, and even Sir Paul McCartney has a good track record!

groundhog said:
It might be for some people. Why should that bother you?

It doesn't bother me at all, but I still don't think that it is a newsworthy event. And for those that this is a newsworthy event I must say that they need to get a life.

crazyfingers: Really? What brand? I've been looking for good canned chicken for my canoe trips!

Jacob4Jesus said:
Chicken of the Sea.

LOL

DIANE
:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

spinto

Jun 26, 2003
Texas
✟850.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
MERCY@GRACE said:
I was hoping they'd last,but what celebrities do? I guess the public liked watching them bc they 'seemed' to have a fairy tale marriage. I noticed towards the end...anytime they were being interviewed..Nick seemed kinda jealous of all the attn. Jess was getting!

Oh Goodness when I saw them interact from the begining I could tell it was not going to last. Jessica is kind of a bimbo and Nick is a real arrogant jerk. The only fairy tale fact of their marriage was they are both very pretty people. Nick had so much contempt for her and she was just too inexpirenced to see it. Uh and how stupid to bring a reality TV into the home of a newly married couple. Marriage is tough for people enough as it is without all the interuption.

And yeah I think you are right, Nick was too insecure to handle all the attention Jessica was getting... Hope they find a better match the next time around.

Upvote 0

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Links234 said:
For the last time (to all here and the news outlets): I DON'T BLOODY CARE!!!!

Then don't open the link to this post and keep listening to the Rammstein MP3's you downloaded :p

Links... swei drei vier... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Links234

LinksAce
Oct 7, 2004
Gefangen in der Finsternis
Visit site
✟2,406.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
horuhe00 said:
Then don't open the link to this post and keep listening to the Rammstein MP3's you downloaded :p

Links... swei drei vier... :thumbsup:
I'm also letting out my frustrations about the American newsmedia. ;)

This is somehow more important than our soldiers in Iraq, more important than avian flu, the economy, or the indictment of DeLay.

And it's "zwo," which is slang for "zwei."

"Links zwo drei vier."

Upvote 0

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Links234 said:
And it's "zwo," which is slang for "zwei."

So we're both right. :p

And as for it being in the news, too much news about Iraq and avian flu, and economy and DeLay would finaly be so boring that no one would watch news anymore. :p

Upvote 0