Feb 26, 2004
✟10,742.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
CaligulaNero said:
"What's wrong with a divorcee?"

Aren't you people supposed to be "Christian"??? I'm agnostic and I don't believe in divorce unless there is serious abuse. There is a BIG problem, to me, with people who get divorced simply b/c they are having "problems". It's a lifelong commitment and I would never date anyone (when I was single) who was divorced unless there were serious circumstances that excused. none of my agnostic/atheist friends are divorced, yet I know a lot of "xians" who have been married several times. Why is marriage taken so lightly by christians (except catholics)???

The tone of theMessiah's post would have you believe that divorcees are sub-human people who don't deserve love or forgiveness. My brother was a divorcee, yet because he met a wonderful lady that fell in love with him, I have a beautiful and very talented niece. My mom was a divorcee, and a wonderful woman who has remarried.

Guess that makes my dad a divorcee as well. Both or my parents are very loving, caring and giving people. Should I conclude they are sub-human and don't deserve love, respect and forgiveness?

Upvote 0

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Uphill Battle said:
the question that springs to mind is, why do we care enough that they would have to put out a statement in the first place?
Usually all celeberties put out statements.. They probably dont figure anyone cares, but seems thats just the thing to do..
I dont know..

Upvote 0

tanya88

Veteran
Aug 7, 2004
Tacoma, Washington
Visit site
✟9,163.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
CaligulaNero said:
"What's wrong with a divorcee?"

Aren't you people supposed to be "Christian"??? I'm agnostic and I don't believe in divorce unless there is serious abuse. There is a BIG problem, to me, with people who get divorced simply b/c they are having "problems". It's a lifelong commitment and I would never date anyone (when I was single) who was divorced unless there were serious circumstances that excused. none of my agnostic/atheist friends are divorced, yet I know a lot of "xians" who have been married several times. Why is marriage taken so lightly by christians (except catholics)???

Marriage is not taken lightly by Christians, at least Christians from my Russian church. My church has about 1500 members and I only know two couples who are divorsed. I'm so serious. I know so many people that have lived together to the end of their lives and barely anyone who has gotten a divorse.

Upvote 0

CaligulaNero

Veteran
Aug 25, 2005
South
✟17,185.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"divorcees are sub-human people who don't deserve love or forgiveness"

I just don't understand the purpose of religion if it doesn't encourage keeping marriages together. Glad to hear the Russian Christian church supports marriage. I've just had a lot of experience running into divorced "born agains". Creepy.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
What are you that you run into only divorced "born agains"? A marriage counselor? :scratch:

As for the OP: I'm with Diane - why do these celebs think we care? Because they are so self-involved and so much the most important star in their tiny universes that they don't see that we are not watching them? :D

Upvote 0

CaligulaNero

Veteran
Aug 25, 2005
South
✟17,185.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's not that I run into only "divorced" born agains, it's just a suprising amount. Plus churches near where I live run signs "Divorce with Dignity". I guess I just don't understand what the purpose of religion is if it doesn't, at the most basic level, keep churches together. it ties into this thread b/c Jessica's father at one time attempted to steal people's money by selling invisible halos, now he sells his own daughter.

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
newlamb said:
What are you that you run into only divorced "born agains"? A marriage counselor? :scratch:

As for the OP: I'm with Diane - why do these celebs think we care? Because they are so self-involved and so much the most important star in their tiny universes that they don't see that we are not watching them? :D

Well, I don't know about you, but when I heard about Nick and Jessica, I immediately broke out into a rash, began running a temperature of 102, began running up and down the halls weeping and wailing and gnashing my teeth; then I donned a hairshirt and sackcloth and went out to sit upon ashes, beating my breast and singing lamentations.

Oh, wait: that's the story of Job. Never mind... :sorry:

I, on the other hand, prepared (and ate) a turkey sandwich and then cleaned the catbox upon hearing the news of Nick and Jessica.

Reactions: BarbB
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
crazyfingers said:
I have no idea who they are and don't care.

Ho hum. :yawn:

I've got better things to think about or do then to worry about someone else's divorce.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
CaligulaNero said:
It's not that I run into only "divorced" born agains, it's just a suprising amount. Plus churches near where I live run signs "Divorce with Dignity". I guess I just don't understand what the purpose of religion is if it doesn't, at the most basic level, keep churches together. it ties into this thread b/c Jessica's father at one time attempted to steal people's money by selling invisible halos, now he sells his own daughter.

Please, please believe me that no good fundie church worth it's salt would ever put up a "Divorce with Dignity" sign. Instead, the sign would read "Marriage through thick and thin". :clap: Sounds like you have been sucked into some worldly church propaganda. :)

Upvote 0

PorcelainHeart

Love me for me
Aug 22, 2005
The island
✟25,818.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I guess Jessica has to stay in the media someway. :confused: She isn't as bad as Paris Hilton, that lady would lose her dog if it would put her into the media. I really don't care about Jessica and Nick breaking up they aren't the first couple to do it and they won't be the last.

Btw, Jessica was a christian but then discover money and fame.

Upvote 0