NFL Should Give Colin Kapernick Another Chance

Does Colin Kapernick Desrve a Second Chance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where did you say that?......and is open mics only for those so far left of the left they fall off the earth?
Thanks for making my point. Drive safely people and don’t forget to tip your server.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would he want to? He has more more money than I could make in 10 lifetime and his health is still pretty good. Chances are he will continue to take the knee, negative attention will be brought against the NFL, the NFL will lose viewers and fans.
Take the money and run.
Hey maybe they’ll decide that the playing of the Nation Anthem is causing people to be distracted from the great SPORTSBALL event planned for that day so “it’s out”?
Yes, the question then becomes “what can we play right before the SPORTSBALL event begins to alert fans that that line they’re in for hotdogs and beer is moving too slow?”

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It is about the military and all the men and women to fought and many who gave their lives for their country.
Maybe if there was a tune that was a bit more inclusive than just one aggrandizing war? It’s only what? 1935 that it was made the “official” National Anthem?
(I was always a more “God Bless America!” kinda guy myself).
I know that you don’t need any of us to “thank you for your service”, but then what is your complaint about?

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Las Vegas Raiders owner Mark Davis states he would welcome Kaepernick with open arms. The NFL backup has been persona non grata for NFL teams since he took a knee during the national anthem in 2016. He settled a collusion lawsuit with the NFL.

“He deserves every chance in the world to become a quarterback in the National Football League. I still stand by it. If our coaches and general manager want to bring him in or want him to be the quarterback on this team, I would welcome him with open arms,” he added.

Does he deserve a chance to make an NFL roster?

It's really up to the teams....

Last time a couple of teams were willing to take a look at him, he flaked. I don't know if he's serious this time or not.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It should be a meritocracy, but it wasn't.

Would you prefer a more diverse and inclusive NFL with racial quotas?

Head commissioner @cow451 fires 70% of black players on day 1.

The NFL settled in large part because they have apparently a lot to hide.

They do?

Kap was good enough to be on any NFL roster as a backup and as a starter on some others. The NFL didn't want to have this played out in open court.

Yeah...making football politically divisive turned out to be bad for business.

But there are other cases, especially in NFL coaching, that are coming to light. When mediocre head coaches like Jeff Fisher (.512 winning percentage in 22 years) keep getting hired, you know it's a closed system.

I don't know how they calculate those numbers. Does that mean he wins about half the time?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He compared the draft combine to a slave auction.

So then why go back to these teams instead of continuing to maintain his stand against the system, if that is his conviction?

He's one of those slaves that loves slavery.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know about deserving a second chance ( I have a problem with thinking anyone deserves anything they are given) but surely being allowed to try to make an NFL roster is a reasonable request for someone that has previously won a spot as a starter. I don't know if he actually wants to just have a spot on a roster as a backup QB. Also a spot at what position? Perhaps he would have a better chance of making a team if he were to concentrate on special teams rather than QB?

I think it's a bit funny that he was celebrated for his "sacrifice"....

Then decided he didn't really want to do the sacrifice part once the celebration ended.

So what if he's a self aggrandizing, race-baiting, US hating, hypocrite 2nd string quarterback?

Michael Vick took a dog and slammed it against the pavement until dead....and he got to play again. If old "I want to start a dialogue" Kaepernick wants to play and someone wants to pay him....he can.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So he can complain that his team is racist when he doesn't get exactly what he wants?.

Have you seen his Twitter feed?

Complaining that something is racist is most of what he does.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
By not going to trial. Basic civil suit practice. Can you imagine the damages to the NFL losing at a trial? They are not afraid of litigation.

I think you're correct. They probably colluded. It's the sort of thing that competing businesses are not allowed to do (even though they definitely do).

They would have had to make an argument that hiring him was bad for the entire league...not just the team who hired him...and that it was therefore, necessary to ban him. That's certainly something that they could claim is true....but hard to show with how little data they had at the time.

They paid him to go away.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Had he been willing to shut up and dribble, er pass, no trouble. But I agree that speaking out carries consequences even if it is “free speech.”

It's not free speech. He's on the job.

If the next time you are in front of the Walmart cashier, they hopped up on the conveyor belt and started going on about how Hitler was just some misunderstood guy who was good for the economy....Walmart is justified in firing him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hey maybe they’ll decide that the playing of the Nation Anthem is causing people to be distracted from the great SPORTSBALL event planned for that day so “it’s out”?
Yes, the question then becomes “what can we play right before the SPORTSBALL event begins to alert fans that that line they’re in for hotdogs and beer is moving too slow?”

Bon Jovi's Livin On A Prayer

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would he return to a league he himself has shown treats their players like slaves?

It's America. I think people are still free to pursue in their careers.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
“He deserves every chance in the world.."
I think he's used up his second chances. Sports is a place where people go to have fun and should be allowed a second chance. Track records add up over the years and his is continually turning what should be a non-political public event into a political debate. Basically whatever he is doing has continually turned into a political debate, not a place to get away from all the posturing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.