Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟9,143.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Married
We just got married on February 7. My husband will go to church with me, we had a church wedding. My church offers a free meal usually once a month, and I was surprised he went to it alone when I was away, because he's very shy.

I asked if he believes in God or is a Christian... And he says no. His name is Mike, please pray.

I had a boyfriend in the past who was very mean about my being a Christian, it caused so many fights. He said we couldn't have kids going to church because they would be "mindless". He was extremely mean, and probably emotionally abusive towards me. My husband is not like that at all.

Some days he wants to have children, and some days he doesn't want any children. I think it would be nice to foster or adopt because there are so many needing homes.

Mrs Awesome

Mar 11, 2015
✟577.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
My mother's parents were a bit like this at first. My Gramma was raised Catholic (now a LMCS Lutheran like the rest of the family) and I think my Grampa was, too. Anyway, Gramma liked attending church and practicing her Catholicism on a regular basis, but Grampa did not. I don't know why, he just didn't. He is also a quiet man and a bit shy/likes to keep to himself like your husband does.

Eventually, Grampa decided one day to attend church with Gramma. I don't know when this was, or how long it took, whether they were still Catholic at the time or if they were Lutherans by then, but it eventually happened. :) Sometimes you just have to pray and keep at it. Don't force him or nag him (not that I think you are, or anything), but do let him know he's always invited and that your faith means a lot to you and how it'd mean a lot also if you two could share in it together.

I saw on another thread that you mentioned your husband recently lost his job. Perhaps invite him to church to pray with you? Maybe God put this loss in your lives to help get your husband to come to Him? He does work in mysterious ways! :)

Upvote 0

Mrs Awesome

Mar 11, 2015
✟577.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We just got married on February 7. My husband will go to church with me, we had a church wedding. My church offers a free meal usually once a month, and I was surprised he went to it alone when I was away, because he's very shy.

I asked if he believes in God or is a Christian... And he says no. His name is Mike, please pray.

I had a boyfriend in the past who was very mean about my being a Christian, it caused so many fights. He said we couldn't have kids going to church because they would be "mindless". He was extremely mean, and probably emotionally abusive towards me. My husband is not like that at all.

Some days he wants to have children, and some days he doesn't want any children. I think it would be nice to foster or adopt because there are so many needing homes.

Sounds like you've become unequally yoked. I will pray for him.

Upvote 0