✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Maynard Keenan,

I will say one thing for this forum, it is unique among the Christian forums where I have posted about this, and have been discussing the issue.

Do you consider this verse in a signature to be a discussion? Do you consider it to be controversial? Do you consider it to be provocative? Do you consider it to be offensive? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then I would suggest that you pray and reconsider you thoughts.

I don't consider it offensive but it is a discussion of sorts since I mean to send a message by choosing it, it can be provocative, and it can be considered controversial (not the verse itself but my choosing it and the message I send by doing so.)

Regardless, that is beside the point. If their forum wishes to keep religion out of the main part of the board, that is their choice. They aren't anti-christian as you seem to imply, they simply don't want religion on their board. God knows people can get very angry and violent very quickly when religion is involved and they choose to keep religious discussions away. Being a christian doesn't include forcing others to accommodate you at every turn.

Upvote 0

Seekermeister

Feb 12, 2007
✟7,803.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have no expectations of catching you up in anything. It has been quite apparent how you feel. As far as them suing me for slander, I would welcome that, because nothing that I have said is untrue, therefore no slander is involved.

EDIT: To be technical, since what is in question is what I have written, rather than what I have said, it would be libel rather than slander, were it false.

Upvote 0

Seekermeister

Feb 12, 2007
✟7,803.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't consider it offensive but it is a discussion of sorts since I mean to send a message by choosing it, it can be provocative, and it can be considered controversial (not the verse itself but my choosing it and the message I send by doing so.)

Regardless, that is beside the point. If their forum wishes to keep religion out of the main part of the board, that is their choice. They aren't anti-christian as you seem to imply, they simply don't want religion on their board. God knows people can get very angry and violent very quickly when religion is involved and they choose to keep religious discussions away. Being a christian doesn't include forcing others to accommodate you at every turn.
I won't debate with you about what could be done, the question is what was done. Not even the forum admin suggested that the verse was offensive to anyone, nor did he originally claim that it was an infraction of their rules. I made it very clear when I first joined the forum that I would not stay anywhere that God wasn't welcome. It was with this in mind that we forumated a design to segregate discussions of this type in a separate board that wasn't visible to anyone, unless they requested admittance there.

If you feel that anyone has the right to control anyone's freedom of expression in a fashion such as this, then I guess that you would find it acceptable for Walmart to prohibit you to wear a Tshirt saying "I love Jesus" across the chest?

To say that anyone can make rules in any fashion that they choose, is only partly correct, and only in a "legal" sense. The fact is that no one on this Earth owns anything, only God does. We are merely the stewards of what He places in our hands. God expects us to obey the laws of our government, and in turn the rules of lesser institutions, unless those rules go against the Word of God. At that point, it is the responsibility of a Christian to disobey, not with violence, but with a resistance that the situation requires.

I did not start this thread with the idea in mind of telling anyone what they should do in this case, I merely was giving them the opportunity of being informed so that they could decide for themselves.

Since it seems to be apparent that the people responding to this thread feel that they should do nothing, except to find fault with me, or to defend Newegg, that is why I had intended to let this thread drop. But, it seems that some of you don't want to let that happen.

Upvote 0

JDDCH

May 23, 2006
just this side of a cardboard box
Visit site
✟16,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was thinking that since attention is what you're looking for (seekermeister) it would be a shame not to lend you the utmost to my ability. I just brought NewEgg up to speed with your crusade just in case they would decide they'd want to play too. As for me, I have children and I've seen this type of behavior in them all to often. You're looking for a fight. I hate to use the word Troll ... but in my opinion, it's becoming more and more appropriate that you trotted over to newegg's forums as a Troll with a soap box. ... well, a sturdy soap box 'cuz trolls are probably kinda heavy and would most likely break a regular soap box when they jump up and down on them doing the temper tantrum thingie ... but that's entirely besides the point.
As I was saying, I feel you dealt with them unfairly and I believe you owe them an apology.
If you could just Please, calm yourself a bit. Read the forum policies, and read the correspondences and try to take an honest and objective consideration of your actions, I'm confident that you'll agree that you did indeed provoke them unjustly and that the ban was just.
I would venture to say that if you were to contact them with an apology and a promise to adhere to forum policy in the future, they would consider re-instating your privileges in the forum. Then you and your friend can play tag-team with the pints again and build them up licketty split in no time. :) They wont notice that.

Give it some thought, wont you?
JD - your brother in Christ.

Upvote 0

Seekermeister

Feb 12, 2007
✟7,803.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was thinking that since attention is what you're looking for (seekermeister) it would be a shame not to lend you the utmost to my ability. I just brought NewEgg up to speed with your crusade just in case they would decide they'd want to play too. As for me, I have children and I've seen this type of behavior in them all to often. You're looking for a fight. I hate to use the word Troll ... but in my opinion, it's becoming more and more appropriate that you trotted over to newegg's forums as a Troll with a soap box. ... well, a sturdy soap box 'cuz trolls are probably kinda heavy and would most likely break a regular soap box when they jump up and down on them doing the temper tantrum thingie ... but that's entirely besides the point.
As I was saying, I feel you dealt with them unfairly and I believe you owe them an apology.
If you could just Please, calm yourself a bit. Read the forum policies, and read the correspondences and try to take an honest and objective consideration of your actions, I'm confident that you'll agree that you did indeed provoke them unjustly and that the ban was just.
I would venture to say that if you were to contact them with an apology and a promise to adhere to forum policy in the future, they would consider re-instating your privileges in the forum. Then you and your friend can play tag-team with the pints again and build them up licketty split in no time. :) They wont notice that.

Give it some thought, wont you?
JD - your brother in Christ.
Your confidence in what you believe that I should or will do is badly placed, just as your confidence is in other fashions. There has never been any secret about what I am doing, because I advised the forum admin of this, and I also sent Newegg's public relations department an email containing my OP in this thread. I have never received any denials, threats, apologies or any other manner of communication...unless you are with Newegg? You simply ignore everything that I have told you and persist in making inflamatory statements about me...is that the behavior of a Christian?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Newegg is a business, not a religious forum. Most people there are interested in talking about technology, not "my God is better than your God". And to say that newegg is evil because they "love money" because they are a business, well, if that's how you feel, pack up your computer, ship it back, get off the internet, get rid of your tv and phone line, and pretty much live in a cave the rest of your life because they are all businesses collecting your money.

You need a simple dose of reality. You want everyone to agree with you, start some silly revolution against a business because you think you're above all the rules because you believe in God so you can do whatever you want with no punishment for your actions because everyone else is in the wrong, but not you.

The simple fact of the matter is that it's their forum, not yours. It's their rules which you are not exempt from because of your religious status, and because you had the nerve to think the rules don't apply to you, you are no longer part of that community.

Welcome to real life.

Reactions: JDDCH
Upvote 0

jream

am I even here anymore
May 10, 2007
Tennessee
✟1,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't understand being banned over a verse in a signature. Ive never had that problem on anyplace else. Its just like anyone else's, It's not offensive. How is that offensive, if you quote Harry Potter they won't care. Why does every hate the Bible.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Apparently he did more than just put the quote in his sig, but I wasn't there so I'm not sure. But they ban all talk of any religion in their main forum area... it has nothing to do with hating the bible. It has everything to do with what subjects they want their forum to discuss, and keeping the religious discussions separate from the computer talk and whatnot.

Upvote 0