Sep 12, 2011
United States
Visit site
✟15,188.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Hello, I am a local Christianity and Culture writer for this one website and I am looking for topic ideas. Can be anything Christian related, and I can figure out a local feel to it. Please feel free to leave your suggestions. I recently wrote one on Homosexuality in schools and another on God out of schools. Any ideas are greatly welcomed. Thank you and God bless.

F

fuji

Cannabis.

- Why it is used as a medicine.
- It is never mentioned directly as a sin.
- Research on DCA and it killing cancer tumors.
- No proven brain damage for long term use.

Plus these medical facts.

marijuana-page.jpg

Many Christians use it for medical uses, but no one ever speaks about it.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I knew about a few of them before you posted these facts Fuji.

My wife's MS group has talked off and on about the benefits of marijuana use for helping to alleviate some of the effects of MS.

These are Christians with MS and all other treatment options have failed.

Back when I was a teenager and older my best friend would get migraines where he could do nothing but sit in a dark room for a day or two, unless he smoked some marijuana. The pain would subside and he could go about his day.

I'm not debating anything here, just that there are benefits to it's use in certain circumstances.

To be clear, I have never done drugs and that includes weed, smoked a cigarette or have even been drunk, but I do see the benefits when all else fails.

Upvote 0

Disciple09

Sep 12, 2011
United States
Visit site
✟15,188.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
That is a very good topic, and I'll get on it here within next few days. I can't post the link because I havent reached the post limit yet but I did put a link to my page on my profile here. I will let you know when I have finished it by PMing you or something like that. Thank you and keep the ideas coming. :)

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I guess my drawback to medical marijuana usage would be all the "potheads" I've known since my school days and all the ones who lived near me growing up...those guys/girls are now men/women who are "noticeably" different from people who didn't use "weed or pot".
They have that "fogged" expression and I also notice they don't reason things out too well. My BIL has grown and used marijuana since he was a teen and now he is in his sixties and he too has the "symptoms" I listed. He's a good guy and all but you can tell he's a little "off".

The other thing to would be the one's who grow the medical marijuana are being targeted by "users" who are wanting the product. I live in BC and there's been a lot in the newspaper about home invasions of those who grow medical marijuana.

It would make a good topic though.

Upvote 0

Buzzy

Saved by Grace
Aug 1, 2011
Oklahoma USA
✟7,981.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How about idolatry, like when people think things are their savior instead of Jesus Christ. Things like money, cars, drugs, sex, popularity are all taking over Christianity to the point that when you get on a forum or listen to a Christian Leader speak you seldom even hear Jesus Christ mentioned anymore.

Upvote 0

Disciple09

Sep 12, 2011
United States
Visit site
✟15,188.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Thanks everyone. I agree with you BFine, as smoking pot has ALOT of drawbacks as I have many old friends who have fell victim to its effects. I am going to look at the "positives" mentioned above and the negatives and weigh them out as well as God's purpose. It is a very good topic especially here in California where medical pot is legal and providers are poppin up like starbucks coffee shops on every corner.

I also agree Idolatry is an excellent topic. This is a growing problem in this nation and in much of the world, especially in these economic times. Very good ideas guys. Thank you it is greatly appreciated. God bless you guys.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone. I agree with you BFine, as smoking pot has ALOT of drawbacks as I have many old friends who have fell victim to its effects. I am going to look at the "positives" mentioned above and the negatives and weigh them out as well as God's purpose. It is a very good topic especially here in California where medical pot is legal and providers are poppin up like starbucks coffee shops on every corner.

I also agree Idolatry is an excellent topic. This is a growing problem in this nation and in much of the world, especially in these economic times. Very good ideas guys. Thank you it is greatly appreciated. God bless you guys.

Disciple I would check out the documentary called "The Union" and the PBS special that just aired called "Clearing the smoke". I am convinced that after you watch these 2 movies your eyes will be open.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I guess my drawback to medical marijuana usage would be all the "potheads" I've known since my school days and all the ones who lived near me growing up...those guys/girls are now men/women who are "noticeably" different from people who didn't use "weed or pot".
They have that "fogged" expression and I also notice they don't reason things out too well. My BIL has grown and used marijuana since he was a teen and now he is in his sixties and he too has the "symptoms" I listed. He's a good guy and all but you can tell he's a little "off".

The other thing to would be the one's who grow the medical marijuana are being targeted by "users" who are wanting the product. I live in BC and there's been a lot in the newspaper about home invasions of those who grow medical marijuana.

It would make a good topic though.

I heard John the Baptist was also a bit "off" wonder if he smoked any of the good herb. ;)

Upvote 0

Disciple09

Sep 12, 2011
United States
Visit site
✟15,188.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Nice, is this still about the health benefits of cannabis?

I just got off the phone with the Co-Director of the Center of Medicinal Cannabis here and gathered a lot of key information. In a nutshell a lot of the studies have been short term and so long term effects and/or drawbacks are not known. The UK has been the only place to conduct long term studies and to mixed results. I will be working on the article in which I will disclose all the key information within the next week or so and will try and get you guys linked up with it so you may read it for yourselves. I am also working on a series on the baby church and will be working on an article on idolatry.

Thanks for the ideas, and please feel free to keep them coming. God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Disciple09

Sep 12, 2011
United States
Visit site
✟15,188.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
why don't you write about something that brings a lot of controversy??
Like what? You mention controversy but you don't mention anything in particular. I've touched on homosexuality, God taken out of school, hypocrisy, and soon medicinal cannabis. What else you got in mind?

Upvote 0