New guy here...

Hey people,
My name is Tom and I am from the disgustingly liberal state of Connecticut. I guess I am just basically introducing myself to everyone here. I am 23 years old and am Evangelical Free (born-again). I am almost done with college at Western Connecticut State University where I am majoring in law, I am getting my real estate license, trying out for some police departments and just bought a new car. My hobbies are basically sports, the gym, cars and I love debating people who believe in evolution. It's great to watch the expressions on their faces when their little fairy tale is dismantled right before their eyes.... :) ...

On a not-so-good note, my aunt passed away today, but she was saved so she is in a better place now. She battled cancer for about 2 years.

Where is everybody from? Hope to make some friends on here :clap: see ya:)

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Welcome Tom. Great to have you here.

I don't want to compare brain pans or anything, but do you beleive in micro evolution? I mean Macro being monkeys into men, fish into lizards, Micro being people are physically different today than they were thousands of years ago. Just curious.

"...if monkeys evolved into men, why are there still monkeys?"

Upvote 0
Thanx for the welcome guys...

I wouldn't call it exactly micro"evolution"...It is more like adaptation, which I do believe God gave us the power to adapt to our environment, just as he gave that power to animals. I do believe that when he created everything through the time of the flood (and a little after), 6,000 yrs ago-4,000 yrs ago, everything was alot bigger. I believe humans grew to over 10 feet on average...Scientists have discovered thousands of huge human skeletons, such as the one that was 13 feet tall in Italy (And the Italians are known for being short, lol). I do have a scientific reason and evidence to support a theory as to why this is so but it would probably take up 4 threads and 2 hours to write. This theory incorporates the flood into it, as well as the North and South Pole, which play a very crucial role in it. What is your belief on microevolution?

Tom

Upvote 0

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
TomInCT said:
Thanx for the welcome guys...

I wouldn't call it exactly micro"evolution"...It is more like adaptation, which I do believe God gave us the power to adapt to our environment, just as he gave that power to animals. I do believe that when he created everything through the time of the flood (and a little after), 6,000 yrs ago-4,000 yrs ago, everything was alot bigger. I believe humans grew to over 10 feet on average...Scientists have discovered thousands of huge human skeletons, such as the one that was 13 feet tall in Italy (And the Italians are known for being short, lol). I do have a scientific reason and evidence to support a theory as to why this is so but it would probably take up 4 threads and 2 hours to write. This theory incorporates the flood into it, as well as the North and South Pole, which play a very crucial role in it. What is your belief on microevolution?

Tom
Well, what brought this up was my Archeology class in college. The teacher spent one night on divine creation, then the rest of the semester on evolution. I stopped her in mid speech one day to ask what SHE believed, and what she said really made me feel better. She said that in her experience, most scientists believe in a combination of the two. She said that most of them don't see enough solid proof to discredit either side.

When you say "Adaptation", that is a better word for what I was trying to say than Micro. I'd say we're about on the same page there. if you ever make that four thread post on your theory, or if you have it typed up, I'd like to get my eyes on it.

Ever hear of the Popol Vu? I know I've mispelled that. It's either the Inca or Mayan story of creation. I saw a video (same teacher). The story has different names, but it follows the Bible so closely that it's erie. They even have an account of a burning bush.

I look forward to seeing your thoughts as you wade through the forums here.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF! i suppose the science forum would prove challenging. We don't have enough creationists here to battle the onslaught from the evolutionists. :)

i'm sorry about your aunt, but knowing that she's in a better place is comforting.

um, personally, i believe in micro-evolution, adaptation as you said, but macro just sounds too unbelievable..

I look forward to seeing your thoughts as you wade through the forums here.

lol, in a couple of months there may be more forums than now..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Hey people,
Sorry I haven't responded in a while...my computer at home is still messed up, probably from the Chinese people terrorising Windows!!! Anyways, atleast this one at work is working...So, Thanx for the condolences again...

Quick question for you guys who believe in "Micro" evolution... How old do you believe the earth is? Do you believe it is approx. 6,000 years old like the Bible teaches or do you believe it is approx. 4.6 billion years old like Evolution teaches?

Also, I actually haven't even checked out the Science forum in here but I will have a blast when I do have time to get in there and hear what the fairytale believers have to say...

Lastly, a brief thought to think about....

I am sure you have all heard of people saying.."Oh, I believe in evolution but I believe in God also; He's the one who started it all and gave evolution everything it needed to get going like matter, energy, etc.."

What is evolution? Evolution is basically a long long long series of screw-ups until something goes right and is then considered an evolvement (a positive change for the advancement of life and matter). Mutilations are the most common theory of evolutionary changes or advancement and how everything came to be. You have probably seen many mutilated cows and different animals that are born with an extra foot, leg, head, etc... These errors are obviously not "advancements" or "proof of evolution" as most evolutionists will tell you, yet they are a hinderance to the creature that it has happened to. Most creatures in the wild that have a hinderance of this nature will be killed or unable to survive due to this genetic error. Yet, the fairytale believers, sorry, I mean evolutionists will tell you that YES! this is proof of evolution!! They are dead wrong.

My point to that little story is that if someone tells you that they believe in evolution, then they do not believe in the same God we do because our God is perfect and did not create everything through trial and error... the God that they believe in who created everything through this error-filled technique called evolution is surely not our God; yet their evolutionary God is one who is not perfect and created everythig by blind chance and better belongs in their childrens' fairy tale books.

Lastly, and yes, this time it is lastly, lol, How many theories of Creation are there to us Christians? 1... How many theories of evolution are there? 33, the latest being punctuated equilibrium. What does this mean? This means that the 33rd theory that evolutionists are on have proved the 32 prior theories wrong. Now, which side would you choose; the side that has 1 theory that has never been proven false or the other side that has been proven false 32 times so far? No-brainer. (Soon this 33rd theory will be proven false..it teaches that since we have seen no evidence of evolution, punctuated equilibrium is true...It teaches that the way species have evolved and the way the varieties have come about is through a certain species giving birth to a different species....for example, a duck laying an egg and a cat hatching out of the egg, or a snake...I am not joking, this is literally what this theory teaches...Really smart, intelligent people these evolutionists are huh guys?)

I am not a very smart person, I just listen to what both sides have to say, that's all...

Tom

PS-Any thoughts??

Upvote 0