Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Imagine a society where adult women were assumed to be competent to make their own decisions. Wouldn't that be cool?
I'm with you, if a woman is obviously drunk and the bartender keeps selling her drinks and she gets into an accident it's foolish to hold the bartender responsible for anything.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So then, do the regulations or any laws indemnify the bartender and/or the establishment serving alcohol or raw fish from lawsuits if the child should have issues that might be traced to consumption of those substances?

If not i submit that the authorities making such a rule should be told to go pound sand.
I would assume so. But I don't know how successful such a lawsuit would be in the first place. They would have a very hard time showing the food/beverages a given restaurant/bar served a woman was responsible for whatever birth defect occurs months later. Especially when it comes to alcohol as that is something that takes more than a couple drinks to cause serious health problems.

It's not a pretty simple case of "you kept serving him even though he was clearly intoxicated, then drove his car into a pedestrian shortly after leaving".

Again, I'm not very keen on a bar or restaurant deciding on its own what a pregnant woman can and cannot consume. That leads to random people deciding a pregnant woman can't consume some random food based on complete misinformation (e.g coffee).

Upvote 0

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
Near Pittsburgh, which is NOT in Scotland!
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would assume so. But I don't know how successful such a lawsuit would be in the first place. They would have a very hard time showing the food/beverages a given restaurant/bar served a woman was responsible for whatever birth defect occurs months later. Especially when it comes to alcohol as that is something that takes more than a couple drinks to cause serious health problems.

It's not a pretty simple case of "you kept serving him even though he was clearly intoxicated, then drove his car into a pedestrian shortly after leaving".

Again, I'm not very keen on a bar or restaurant deciding on its own what a pregnant woman can and cannot consume. That leads to random people deciding a pregnant woman can't consume some random food based on complete misinformation (e.g coffee).
One of the problems that i have is that i believe that a business, unless it accepts government (at any level) funding, should be able to refuse anyone they want for any reason the want, or no reason at all.

If i run a business, i will chose who i will have as customers and who i will reject as customers.

Since i will not accept government funding, they can go pound sand. i don't really care about contrary opinions, no matter who makes them.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One of the problems that i have is that i believe that a business, unless it accepts government (at any level) funding, should be able to refuse anyone they want for any reason the want, or no reason at all.

If i run a business, i will chose who i will have as customers and who i will reject as customers.

Since i will not accept government funding, they can go pound sand. i don't really care about contrary opinions, no matter who makes them.

Hey, you can refuse who you want and if you break the law, you will pay the penalty.

Upvote 0