NEW CHRISTIAN: need a little help with the "voice of God".

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I turned to Christ this past summer, so pardon my ignorance pls.

Anyhow, Ive recently been thinking about heaven. And I was getting excited about it and exploring the new earth, meeting Jesus, doing things with Jesus, etc. But ive recently started getting these "experiences" I dont really know how to put it, where im pretty sure God is basically telling me "No, you stand around my throne and sing in worship forever". No im not crazy, although I sure feel crazy rn XD. But anyways, this causes me alot of distress cause if thats all we do, I dont really look forward to heaven tbh. I mean, I love God, and most def dont mind bowing before him, but thats ALL we do? Im kinda just in dispear to be honest, cause if thats all we do, whats the point in building skills now? If they are just discarded in the next life.

Anyhow im going off topic. My question is this, HOW do I tell if God is the one saying this? I dont know what to do tbh. But its really stressing me out

F
First Age
If you don't like that choice welcome to hell where nobody cares what you think. I would choose heaven A lot cooler.
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
but thats ALL we do?

Nope. Before the fall, Adam had jobs to do in taking care of the garden. It will be like eden in that respect. We will all have jobs to do. I had a dream one time were I was entering heaven and my first experience of heaven was R. C. Sproul introducing me to heaven's library. That was his job.

HOW do I tell if God is the one saying this?
By all things. Does it match up with the Bible? If it doesn't, then you are wrong, and the Bible is right.

BTW, it's great that you have come to faith in Christ! Welcome to the family of God!

One question: do you think life here on earth is boring? If you don't think life on earth is boring, why do you think heaven is going to be boring? And to your point about standing around the throne and singing praise to Christ: Even if that were all we would do, it would never get boring because we would learn about God and God is incapable of being boring in any sense of the word. Further, it would be a great honor to be one of the 24 elders it speaks about in Revelation who stand around the throne and sing praise to the Lamb forever. It would not be boring at all. It would be close communion with God, and that would be inexplicably interesting for all eternity.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello Ggz, you should not distress over this, to be in the presence of GOD is one of the greatest honor, really!

None of us can imagine what it would be but I am certain once you know you would not want to leave GOD's presence, ADAM and EVE when the were cast out from the presence of GOD were not well I am certain.

Now how do we know it is from GOD? If I remember correctly in the bible, many had this same dilemma, they asked again and again for another dream, vision or sign, if a sigh comes again a second time and a third time then it is true. I cant remember the passages sorry, perhaps people here more knowledgeable than I can assist.

Was it a dream or vision? if you are young and had a vision it might be true, if you had a dream and are old then it might be true also. more details would help, many people have visions or dreams, do not stress.

Blessings,

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Anyhow, Ive recently been thinking about heaven. And I was getting excited about it and exploring the new earth, meeting Jesus, doing things with Jesus, etc. But ive recently started getting these "experiences" I dont really know how to put it, where im pretty sure God is basically telling me "No, you stand around my throne and sing in worship forever". No im not crazy, although I sure feel crazy rn XD. But anyways, this causes me alot of distress cause if thats all we do, I dont really look forward to heaven tbh. I mean, I love God, and most def dont mind bowing before him, but thats ALL we do? Im kinda just in dispear to be honest, cause if thats all we do, whats the point in building skills now? If they are just discarded in the next life.

Anyhow im going off topic. My question is this, HOW do I tell if God is the one saying this? I dont know what to do tbh. But its really stressing me out
Pray over it.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

God's Word is how God speaks to us and God would never tell something to an individual that goes away from His Word (the scriptures)

This is what God promises about what it will be like in heaven/new earth

You will never become bored. There will be pleasures forevermore (Psalm 16:11).
There will be no more death, pain, tears, sorrow, sickness, hospitals, operations, tragedy, disappointment, trouble, hunger, or thirst (Revelation 21:4; Isaiah 33:24; Isaiah 65:23; Revelation 7:16).
They will not get tired (Isaiah 40:31).
Every person will be physically whole in every way. The deaf will hear, the blind will see, and the paralyzed will run (Isaiah 35:5, 6; Philippians 3:21).
Jealousy, fear, hatred, falsehood, envy, impurity, cynicism, filth, worry, and all evil will not exist in God’s kingdom (Revelation 21:8, 27; 22:15). People will no longer be burdened with the worries and cares that distract and damage them. There will be no more anxiety. Time will become eternity, and the pressures and deadlines of earth today will be gone forever.
Deserts will be replaced with gardens (Isaiah 35:1, 2).
Every animal will be tame. No creature—wolves, lions, bears, etc.—will prey upon others, and little children will lead them (Isaiah 11:6–9; Isaiah 65:25).
There will be no more curse (Revelation 22:3). The curse of sin, as detailed in Genesis 3:17–19, will be no more.
There will be no more violence of any kind (Isaiah 60:18). This includes no more crime, storms, floods, earthquakes, tornadoes, injury, etc.
Nothing defiling will be found (Revelation 21:27). There will be no drunkenness, taverns, alcoholic beverages, brothels, inappropriate contentography, or any other impurity of any kind in the new kingdom.
They shall build houses and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit. They shall not build and another inhabit; they shall not plant and another eat … and My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands” (Isaiah 65:21, 22).

There will be worship in heaven and all the saints will gather around the Lord to worship from one Sabbath to another Isaiah 66:22-23. According to God the Sabbath is on the seventh day Exodus 20:10

There is much more you can find in about heaven but its not something we are going to want to miss out on! A Colossal City in Space | Bible Study Guides | Amazing Facts

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Now how do we know it is from GOD? If I remember correctly in the bible, many had this same dilemma, they asked again and again for another dream, vision or sign, if a sigh comes again a second time and a third time then it is true. I cant remember the passages sorry, perhaps people here more knowledgeable than I can assist.

Many verses talk about this. Here are the ones where people ask Jesus to perform a sign:

Matthew 12:38 CSB17
“Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to him, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from you.””

Matthew 16:1 CSB17
“The Pharisees and Sadducees approached, and tested him, asking him to show them a sign from heaven.”

Matthew 24:3 CSB17
“While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately and said, “Tell us, when will these things happen? And what is the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?””

Mark 8:11 CSB17
“The Pharisees came and began to argue with him, demanding of him a sign from heaven to test him.”

Mark 13:4 CSB17
““Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign when all these things are about to be accomplished?””

Luke 11:16 CSB17
“And others, as a test, were demanding of him a sign from heaven.”

Luke 21:7 CSB17
““Teacher,” they asked him, “so when will these things happen? And what will be the sign when these things are about to take place?””

John 2:18 CSB17
“So the Jews replied to him, “What sign will you show us for doing these things?””

John 6:30 CSB17
““What sign, then, are you going to do so that we may see and believe you?” they asked. “What are you going to perform?”

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God's Word is how God speaks to us and God would never tell something to an individual that goes away from His Word (the scriptures)

This is what God promises about what it will be like in heaven/new earth

You will never become bored. There will be pleasures forevermore (Psalm 16:11).
There will be no more death, pain, tears, sorrow, sickness, hospitals, operations, tragedy, disappointment, trouble, hunger, or thirst (Revelation 21:4; Isaiah 33:24; Isaiah 65:23; Revelation 7:16).
They will not get tired (Isaiah 40:31).
Every person will be physically whole in every way. The deaf will hear, the blind will see, and the paralyzed will run (Isaiah 35:5, 6; Philippians 3:21).
Jealousy, fear, hatred, falsehood, envy, impurity, cynicism, filth, worry, and all evil will not exist in God’s kingdom (Revelation 21:8, 27; 22:15). People will no longer be burdened with the worries and cares that distract and damage them. There will be no more anxiety. Time will become eternity, and the pressures and deadlines of earth today will be gone forever.
Deserts will be replaced with gardens (Isaiah 35:1, 2).
Every animal will be tame. No creature—wolves, lions, bears, etc.—will prey upon others, and little children will lead them (Isaiah 11:6–9; Isaiah 65:25).
There will be no more curse (Revelation 22:3). The curse of sin, as detailed in Genesis 3:17–19, will be no more.
There will be no more violence of any kind (Isaiah 60:18). This includes no more crime, storms, floods, earthquakes, tornadoes, injury, etc.
Nothing defiling will be found (Revelation 21:27). There will be no drunkenness, taverns, alcoholic beverages, brothels, inappropriate contentography, or any other impurity of any kind in the new kingdom.
They shall build houses and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit. They shall not build and another inhabit; they shall not plant and another eat … and My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands” (Isaiah 65:21, 22).

There will be worship in heaven and all the saints will gather around the Lord to worship from one Sabbath to another Isaiah 66:22-23. According to God the Sabbath is on the seventh day Exodus 20:10

There is much more you can find in about heaven but its not something we are going to want to miss out on! A Colossal City in Space | Bible Study Guides | Amazing Facts
The One about worshipping from sabbath to sabbath is worded weird. Does that mean we will come to worship on the sabbath, or is it a way of saying "They will always be before the sabbath" "One sabbath to another"

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The One about worshipping from sabbath to sabbath is worded weird. Does that mean we will come to worship on the sabbath, or is it a way of saying "They will always be before the sabbath" "One sabbath to another"
God promised the Sabbath would be a perpetual covenant Exodus 31:16 so I see this as the promised fufilled.

Here are two versions of this scripture:

And from one Sabbath to another, All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the LORD. NKJV
And from sabbath to sabbath, All mankind will come to bow down before Me,” says the LORD. NABS

I see one Sabbath to another as from week to week and some translators also translate it like this. For example, I go to church from one Sabbath to another but I don’t go to church everyday.

All humanity will come to worship me from week to week and from month to month. NLT
And it shall come to pass from month to month, and from sabbath to sabbath, that all flesh shall come to worship before me in Jerusalem, saith the Lord. BST

God defined the seventh day as the Sabbath Exodus 20:10 and there really isn’t any other definition to the Sabbath except this one from God. There are lots of examples how to keep the Sabbath, but God made it pretty clear exactly when the Sabbath is.

What also solidifies that this means from Sabbath to Sabbath is it says from one Sabbath to another “All flesh will come to worship before Me” . In scripture it says we will be doing things like building houses and tending to vineyards etc so I do not think we will be before the Lord 24/7 bowing to Him in heaven. We will obviously worship Him more than just on the Sabbath, like we should today, but I think Sabbath will be in the presence of the Lord just like it was from the beginning Genesis 2:1-3 before sin separated God from man. Whatever God has planned, I pray we all can be part of it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Many verses talk about this. Here are the ones where people ask Jesus to perform a sign:

Matthew 12:38 CSB17
“Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to him, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from you.””

Matthew 16:1 CSB17
“The Pharisees and Sadducees approached, and tested him, asking him to show them a sign from heaven.”

Matthew 24:3 CSB17
“While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately and said, “Tell us, when will these things happen? And what is the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?””

Mark 8:11 CSB17
“The Pharisees came and began to argue with him, demanding of him a sign from heaven to test him.”

Mark 13:4 CSB17
““Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign when all these things are about to be accomplished?””

Luke 11:16 CSB17
“And others, as a test, were demanding of him a sign from heaven.”

Luke 21:7 CSB17
““Teacher,” they asked him, “so when will these things happen? And what will be the sign when these things are about to take place?””

John 2:18 CSB17
“So the Jews replied to him, “What sign will you show us for doing these things?””

John 6:30 CSB17
““What sign, then, are you going to do so that we may see and believe you?” they asked. “What are you going to perform?”
the verses you quoted are from evil people testing the lord this is not the verses i had in mind not at all.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
the verses you quoted are from evil people testing the lord this is not the verses i had in mind not at all.

They are not all evil people. Some of the examples are from the Apostles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think that is all we do in heaven since, there will be houses in a city for us, but in the case someone spends all eternity near God praising him, like the elders the bible mentions, that would not be bad at all, we can't barely understand how awesome our God is, he would be able to tell us something that blows our mind or feelings and everything else every minute for all eternity and still have stuff to give to us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single

You build skills now so you can take as many people with you to heaven as possible. I think heaven is greater than you could ever imagine so all you'll want to do is stand around the throne and sing.

You can always tell if its God speaking if its Biblical or not.

Does it say that we stand around the throne and worship God in the Bible? Yes. In the book of Revelation. "All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God," Rev 7:11

"the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying:" Rev 4:10

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You build skills now so you can take as many people with you to heaven as possible. I think heaven is greater than you could ever imagine so all you'll want to do is stand around the throne and sing.

You can always tell if its God speaking if its Biblical or not.

Does it say that we stand around the throne and worship God in the Bible? Yes. In the book of Revelation. "All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God," Rev 7:11

"the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying:" Rev 4:10
Yeah, but then there appears to be verse that discuss us serving God (Presumably with the talents hes given us) and building, and theres even a new earth, so I would assume we will be able to explore that. So im a little confused

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, but then there appears to be verse that discuss us serving God (Presumably with the talents hes given us) and building, and theres even a new earth, so I would assume we will be able to explore that. So im a little confused
I'd stop thinking about it.
Trust In GOD, he knows you better than you can or will EVER know yourself,
He Created you and FORMED you, gave you those talents.
TRUST HIM

Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
The Word of God always says what it means and means what it says.

With love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Bible tells us that there "will" be many different experiences in heaven. We will not be before the throne all the time. The voices, impressions, and experiences you are having are trying to derail your faith, and steal your joy. Just ignore them.

Upvote 0

Sawsar

Jan 13, 2023
Butler
✟15,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I suggest reading messages by member AGTG. He had the gift of teaching.
God Bless you

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible tells us that there "will" be many different experiences in heaven. We will not be before the throne all the time. The voices, impressions, and experiences you are having are trying to derail your faith, and steal your joy. Just ignore them.
What experiences?

Upvote 0