#NeverTrump Means Never Trump. Never Ever.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
#NeverTrump Means Never Trump. Never Ever. | RedState

It’s rather unambiguous, the word “never.”
I say this without rancor, sarcasm or ill will. For anyone who wants to know what’s next for the #NeverTrump movement, the answer is that we don’t vote for Trump. Each person will deal with that differently – some will vote for third party or not vote. Some will vote for Hillary. #NeverTrump means different things to different people except for one thing – it means we will not vote for Trump, not ever. And nothing that’s happened tonight has changed that.
One reaps what one sows.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Never Trump Ever simply means "We'll accept Hillary before that man!" And that's what we're going to get now. 8 years of Hillary. Yeah! I can't wait to see how badly she screws up the country after the latest loser we had in the WH.
Hillary's legacy will be attributed by voters and history to her and to her party. :eek:

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Never Trump Ever simply means "We'll accept Hillary before that man!" And that's what we're going to get now. 8 years of Hillary. Yeah! I can't wait to see how badly she screws up the country after the latest loser we had in the WH.
Why would presume 8 years of Hillary?

Rubio-Haley or Rubio-Scott could have won this time. Such a ticket certainly has a chance next time. I presume that the Tea Party crazies will make Ryan damaged goods.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
#NeverTrump Means Never Trump. Never Ever. | RedState

It’s rather unambiguous, the word “never.”
I say this without rancor, sarcasm or ill will. For anyone who wants to know what’s next for the #NeverTrump movement, the answer is that we don’t vote for Trump. Each person will deal with that differently – some will vote for third party or not vote. Some will vote for Hillary. #NeverTrump means different things to different people except for one thing – it means we will not vote for Trump, not ever. And nothing that’s happened tonight has changed that.
One reaps what one sows.
If enough anti-Trump folks really believe this, then Krystal will convince a conservative to run as an Independent. Perhaps, Rand Paul can run as a Libertarian.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Will-Hillary-B.jpg

... and RedState is now BlueState.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I was never a big Trump fan from the beginning, but at this point all I can see for the future is the following:

#NeverTrump = #UndoubtedPresidentHillary
...............#ThirdPartyCandidate = #UndoubtedPresidentHillary
.........................................#UndoubtedPresidentHillary = YIKES :eek:

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, America is between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Exactly.

Trump is the Presumptive Nominee, So Where Do Never-Trumpers Go Now? We Spoke to Some Leading Voices | The Blaze

Shapiro said the anti-Trump faction needs to consolidate by refocusing their efforts on down-ticket races and “calling out both Trump and Hillary for their willingness to destroy the Constitution in the name of progressivism and nationalist populism.”

We should also focus our energies on fighting the media that made both Trump and Hillary possible,” he said, “and the culture that threatens to make them permanent.”

Conservative radio show host and Resurgent writer Erick Erickson agreed with Shapiro, telling TheBlaze that he too is against voting for both Trump and Clinton, quoting British theologian Charles Spurgeon, who said, “Of two evils, choose neither.”
“Regardless of who ends up being president, we are responsible for holding them accountable to the people — to the Constitution,” he wrote
.​

Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
For those people on this thread...if Bernie runs as an independent, would you vote for him or is he in the same place as Trump for y'all?
While Bernie's honesty is commendable he seems to lack any appreciation for the constitution and personal liberty.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
While Bernie's honesty is commendable he seems to lack any appreciation for the constitution and personal liberty.
That's a no then? I didn't plan on having a discussion, just to get an idea from people.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So it's "NeverTrump(except if the alternative is Bernie)"... got it. "Never" suddenly becomes ambiguous...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
For those people on this thread...if Bernie runs as an independent, would you vote for him or is he in the same place as Trump for y'all?
I'm hoping for this scenario because I think he'll win.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,907.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm hoping for this scenario because I think he'll win.
Can you imagine the chaos if Cruz did the same:doh:
Though I suspect that a Sanders third party run risks handing the presidency to Trump.

Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Can you imagine the chaos if Cruz did the same:doh:
Though I suspect that a Sanders third party run risks handing the presidency to Trump.
I think if Cruz did the same then Bernie would win by even more. Cruz won't do the same, though - he should know by now that everyone hates him.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,907.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think if Cruz did the same then Bernie would win by even more. Cruz won't do the same, though - he should know by now that everyone hates him.
Yep this is the guy who lost the Bible belt to a NE 'liberal':doh:

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
He knows by now that the media drumbeat is #NeverCruz.

Upvote 0