Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Its not nonsense, its the teaching of our Lord. Debate is not spiritual according to the Apostle Paul. I see it in scripture clearly, multiple times.
Right, and the point of this is to isolate you, epistemologically. The point is to keep you from having to question your ideas. The only reason to do this is to keep bad ideas from being exposed as such.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Because some posters have been noted over a long period of time for being unwilling to rationally discuss Scripture you are blocked from being able to discuss God's word. While there may be places to vent contempt for Scripture and/or Christians who believe Scripture, and blasphemy etc .. this is not one of those places. Thank you. Happy repenting...

Let me know when you need a fresh one.

The more you surrender, the more I'll accept.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Right, and the point of this is to isolate you, epistemologically. The point is to keep you from having to question your ideas. The only reason to do this is to keep bad ideas from being exposed as such.

Thats not the case here. People question their beliefs constantly and are always looking for answers. We are not talking about brainwashing here. We are talking about loving each other.

Would you allow your children to fight and argue? No. God doesn't allow it either.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The Lord teaches us to love our enemies, to share what we have with each other, and to treat each other as we want treated. Wow, what brainwashing is that?

Meaning you're willing to consider the possibility that those teachings don't actually come from the Lord?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The more you surrender, the more I'll accept.
Feel free to talk on other things, just not badmouthing God and Christians and |Scripture.

Because some posters have been noted over a long period of time for being unwilling to rationally discuss Scripture you are blocked from being able to discuss God's word. While there may be places to vent contempt for Scripture and/or Christians who believe Scripture, and blasphemy etc .. this is not one of those places. Thank you. Happy repenting...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Feel free to talk on other things, just not badmouthing God and Christians and |Scripture.

I shall continue to accept your surrender as many times as you wish to offer it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "Admonitions of Ipuwer" dates from the end of the 13th Dynasty (1770-1650 BCE), or, more probably, from the Second Intermediate Period (c.1650-1550 BCE). Written in the form of a dialogue between the sage Ipuwer and the creator, Ipuwer accuses both the creator-god Re and the king of having neglected their roles, and as a result the social order is overturned and various natural disasters fill the land. The afflictions besetting Egypt described in this text are -remarkably similar- to the ten plagues of Egypt, including such details as plague, darkness, and the sound of wailing and moaning filling the land, "the river" (the Nile) turning to blood, and the destruction of cattle and animals

Here it is.
http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/texts/ipuwer.htm

The "consensus" (this is to be expected) put forward by the "historians" is that this is that strory who have inspired the Exodus, not that this strory bear records of the real Exodus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
That will be fine, let's see a record from the year of the exodus!
No, I meant for you to give me the year. Or, at least, a rage of years in which those events were likely to happen. I want you to give it, so that I have a reference point for record collection.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟920,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The logical conclusion of godless philosophy and 'science' is to look to man to save man, and think of man as insignificant beasts.

One example is the prominent physicist Steven Hawkings.
In the past he has talked of aliens and leaving earth.

"
Stephen Hawking posited that an alien visitation would put Earthlings in the same position as Native Americans when Columbus landed on their shores.

“Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonize whatever planets they can reach,” Hawking speculated."
http://news.discovery.com/space/ali...hawking-right-about-hostile-aliens-151012.htm

"If humanity is to survive long-term, it must find a way to get off planet Earth -- and fast, according to famed astrophysicist Stephen Hawking."
http://www.space.com/8924-stephen-h...arth.html?li_source=LI&li_medium=most-popular

Tis sort of insane fearmongering is expected when men leave God out of their knowledge.
The reality of the situation is that we can safely trust in Jesus to bring peace on a beautiful restored new earth.

Given the way that various warring factions displaced entire people groups on earth - as invasion after invasion was taking place - Hawkings is drawing a reasonable conclusion based on his "no-god-but-man" world view.

And your point that our Creator God - who made the world in 6 days and all life on it - is in control and owns the responsibility for preserving intelligent life on earth that HE created - is valid and is the alternative to faith in evolutionism.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟920,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Evacuate the planet is exactly what you hope and believe ...that is the teaching of the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine.

Think about it !

The Christian doctrine on earth in the Bible is that the wicked are destroyed off the face of the earth and God creates a New Earth right here - where the New Jerusalem will reside. Read Rev 20-21.

The Christian doctrine is that at the 2nd coming God kills all the wicked (Rev 19) and takes all the saint (both living and dead) to heaven - see 1 Thess 4.

There is no coming alien army - because God Himself made this Earth - and He himself is the Father of Adam and Eve - He owns the place from the very start.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,805.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There is sufficient archaeological evidence for the Exodus. There is overwhelming evidence for the Historical accuracy of the Bible. A lot of evolutionary science has benefited from the evidence that has been gathered to support Creationism and the Bible. Most of science today is based on the Greeks. The Bible has much deeper roots. Moses was an Egyptian and Abraham a Chaldean and they both had the very best education in Science that anyone could receive in their day.

So once again you are talking ABOUT evidence, not actually presenting it.

Who knew?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟920,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is sufficient archaeological evidence for the Exodus. There is overwhelming evidence for the Historical accuracy of the Bible. A lot of evolutionary science has benefited from the evidence that has been gathered to support Creationism and the Bible. Most of science today is based on the Greeks. The Bible has much deeper roots. Moses was an Egyptian and Abraham a Chaldean and they both had the very best education in Science that anyone could receive in their day.

I think the most convincing evidence in the Bible for atheists in the Daniel 2-8 sequence where Daniel as a prophet during the time of the Babylonian Empire predicts over 2300 years of human history - including the Medo-Persian, Greek and Roman empires and then the division of Rome after that.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Christian doctrine on earth in the Bible is that the wicked are destroyed off the face of the earth and God creates a New Earth right here - where the New Jerusalem will reside. Read Rev 20-21.
The New Heaven and the New Earth and the New Jesrusalem coming down from Heaven to Earth will happen after the Millennium Revelation 21.

The Christian doctrine is that at the 2nd coming God kills all the wicked (Rev 19) and takes all the saint (both living and dead) to heaven - see 1 Thess 4.
There is no taking up of the Saints to Heaven mentionned in 1 Thess 4.
1 Thess 4 talk about the RESURRECTION of dead believers and the catching up together with them of the believers still alive and remain to meet Jesus in the air while Jesus destroy the wicked assembled at Armageddon -Revelation 19 . The believers in Christ resurrected and those living in Christ still alive and remain will live with Jesus on the Earth in His Earthly Kingdom Revelation 20

There is no coming alien army - because God Himself made this Earth - and He himself is the Father of Adam and Eve - He owns the place from the very start.
Revelation 12 and Revelation 13 tell us that Satan and his fallen angels will be cast out of Heaven to the Earth.... the real "star war". Trying to take the whole humanity to the Dark Side ...by using all kind of signs and great wonders...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Its not nonsense, its the teaching of our Lord. Debate is not spiritual according to the Apostle Paul. I see it in scripture clearly, multiple times.

I see in in effect as well.

And yet here you are...

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, I meant for you to give me the year. Or, at least, a rage of years in which those events were likely to happen. I want you to give it, so that I have a reference point for record collection.
Apparently there is difference of opinion, so they don't really know. I googled this..

"
Bishop James Usher also calculated 1012 B.C. for the construction of the Temple in "Annals of the
World" (1650)
1012 B.C. + 480 years x 360/365 = 1486 B.C. date of Exodus"

http://www.biblehistory.net/Exodus_Date.pdf

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Given the way that various warring factions displaced entire people groups on earth - as invasion after invasion was taking place - Hawkings is drawing a reasonable conclusion based on his "no-god-but-man" world view.
Assuming reason can reside within that insane little view.

And your point that our Creator God - who made the world in 6 days and all life on it - is in control and owns the responsibility for preserving intelligent life on earth that HE created - is valid and is the alternative to faith in evolutionism.

in Christ,

Bob
And Bob's your uncle.

Upvote 0