Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
THis debate is a snare. Politics, religion and science are riddled with snares. These things are altogether worthless. Let the world argue about science. Let it love them and be their helper. Let us love each other instead. That's the gospel.

Am i the only one who sees this?
The fearmongers preach that we need to flee earth. That is not debate it is a Satanic lie. There is no fear in love. Kids and folks should know that God is in control and so called science is a damn lie.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No.

.Those alive and remaining will. The issue is God's wrath, not anyone else's.
Of course ,if you are dead (not alive) before the tribulation begin you will not be there during the tribulation.

??? You think the wrath is over before the tribulation!?
The Wrath of God is the LAST PART of the Tribulation.

As pointed out in Revelation 16 through Revelation 19.

Santan's wrath will begin in the middle of the Tribulation as mentioned in Revelation 12 and Revelation 13

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
False. A butterfly must struggle to get free of the cocoon.

Ro 12:21 - Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

One should not roll over and let wicked men and lies rule the day. Fight. Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world and so called science. Train up children in the truth and that means not bending over and taking it up the tailpipe every time some lie tries to ask you to.

Its not about rolling over brother. Its about following the instruction that the apostles gave to us. They teach us to put away debate, not encourage it.

In the last days people will no longer endure sound doctrine. They will instead heap "teachers" to themselves who will tickle their ears. This surely applies to politics and science, as well as religion.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The fearmongers preach that we need to flee earth. That is not debate it is a Satanic lie. There is no fear in love. Kids and folks should know that God is in control and so called science is a damn lie.

People love science, politics and religion. They love their teachers.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
These debates are not worth their high cost. The power of God is in love, humility and kindness. Its not in debate.

T/N: "My position is not something I can support in rational discussion."

I am looked at as a fool because i don't trust scientific theories.

Well... Yeah. What do you expect?

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
T/N: "My position is not something I can support in rational discussion."

Well... Yeah. What do you expect?

I dont expect you to understand because you may not have read what im referring to. What i am talking about is spirituality verses carnality. Its written that we should put away debate and instead walk in love, in one mind, looking to experience Gods spirit and love. These debates are actually stumbling blocks. LOve puts no stumbling block in his brothers way. To love we must be without debate, especially over temporary worldly things. We look not at these temporary things but instead upon eternal things.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I dont expect you to understand because you may not have read what im referring to. What i am talking about is spirituality verses carnality. Its written that we should put away debate and instead walk in love, in one mind, looking to experience Gods spirit and love. These debates are actually stumbling blocks. LOve puts no stumbling block in his brothers way. To love we must be without debate, especially over temporary worldly things. We look not at these temporary things but instead upon eternal things.
Again, I reiterate: there's no reason to take this stance if your position is rationally defensible. The truth is not harmed by rational inquiry; if it is, it wasn't the truth.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Again, I reiterate: there's no reason to take this stance if your position is rationally defensible. The truth is not harmed by rational inquiry; if it is, it wasn't the truth.

1 Corinthians 2:14New International Version (NIV)

14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
1 Corinthians 2:14New International Version (NIV)

14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.
And this is a perfect defense for nonsense. There is nothing you cannot justify through a hand-waving excuse like this. Think about it - if your belief was wrong, if the bible was wrong, this would defend it no matter how blatant the error.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And this is a perfect defense for nonsense. There is nothing you cannot justify through a hand-waving excuse like this. Think about it - if your belief was wrong, if the bible was wrong, this would defend it no matter how blatant the error.

You believe Pauls words are nonsense, why are you here then?

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You believe Pauls words are nonsense, why are you here then?
Because it intrigues me.

Look, let's say that the "Spirit of God" told you that the earth was flat. Would 1 Corinthians 2:14 not apply for some reason?

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because it intrigues me.

Look, let's say that the "Spirit of God" told you that the earth was flat. Would 1 Corinthians 2:14 not apply for some reason?

The spirit of God doesn't concern my thoughts with natural things.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, so it's manipulative and rather useless. But do you understand what's manipulative about it?

Not at all. You scare me, i dont wish to cause you any harm. Im afraid your words can be bad for you. Can you please not insult God? Please, ok? Just be respectful, its not much to ask. Insult me all you need, if you need to, but please give God respect. I ask that you not insult me either, but its better than insulting God.

Is love useless to you? How about life and hope? Do you not feel those things? Would you trade love and happiness for mathematics and science? Wouldn't that be futile? Dont we do all things so we can be happy? If you agree that love and happiness is the most important thing, then you admit that religion is logical.

The things of the spirit that i value are love and hope. Its logical because in the end love and happiness are why we all do the things we do. How can science say that feelings are not logical? THey themselves follow science because it makes them happy. Thats an emotion. Emotion drives them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Not at all.
It's manipulative because it poisons the well. It tells you, "There's no point in investigating your beliefs. There's no point in trying to determine whether they're true or not. They necessarily are true, and if others aren't convinced, it's because rational inquiry is the wrong way to go about doing this." That is manipulative because once you get someone to believe that they should accept things without good reasons, you can get them to accept anything.

Can you please not insult God?
I have not insulted God. Worst case, I've insulted Paul, and I have little trouble with that.

Is love useless to you? How about life and hope? Do you not feel those things?
Of course I feel these things. How does this support your argument? I don't think these are "things of the spirit".

If you agree that love and happiness is the most important thing, then you admit that religion is logical.
But I can be happy and love without religion or spirituality. In fact, I am happy, and I do love and am loved, and both me and my SO are non-religious skeptics.

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's manipulative because it poisons the well. It tells you, "There's no point in investigating your beliefs. There's no point in trying to determine whether they're true or not. They necessarily are true, and if others aren't convinced, it's because rational inquiry is the wrong way to go about doing this." That is manipulative because once you get someone to believe that they should accept things without good reasons, you can get them to accept anything.

I have not insulted God. Worst case, I've insulted Paul, and I have little trouble with that.

Of course I feel these things. How does this support your argument? I don't think these are "things of the spirit".

But I can be happy and love without religion or spirituality. In fact, I am happy, and I do love and am loved, and both me and my SO are non-religious skeptics.

You are missing the point of the scripture completely. Its not about proving or disproving anything at all. Its about brotherly love and walking in the spirit.

Allow me to explain. Debates cause quarrels which God hates. God wishes us to live in peace and gentleness, but debate disrupts that. Debate is a work of flesh not spirit. Just look at politicians and their followers. They have no peace, and are always worried and scared about what will happen. They hate each other and cause so much grief in each others lives. They fight among themselves in arguments that fuel hate, not love. In the body of believers however, arguments mean that someone will be hurt, but God doesnt want that. He wants us all to humble ourselves and to treat each other as we want treated.

Debates over worldly matters only cause people to get hurt. It disrupts their peace and causes them to stumble. This can effect everyone around them, including their family. This can cause many people to be hurt, and to stumble. It may seem like a small thing to you, but this is why we have war and hate. People are needing God to help them love, By his spirit we can see our need for him, and we can see how worthless debates are. God requires us to humble ourselves, and he detests pride. He resists our pride but showers us with grace when we yield to humility. That grace is what sustains us and helps us. Debate is not spiritual.

Debate is usually over things that are unnecessary. We need not worry about money because the Lord supplies our needs. We need no science or politics. We have everything we need in the Lord. Im not saying that we cannot be blessed by science, but to argue and debate it is to forsake our faith and the spirit. Its to walk in the flesh instead of the spirit. No science or politics are worth hurting another person. It hurts them and everyone around them. Faith working by Love is all that matters

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you show in the scripture where Jesus talked to people that same way?
23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
23:34 Wherefore *, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

Jesus said that generation would be held responsible for what the previous generations had done.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Debates cause quarrels
Nonsense. I disagree with my friends about a lot of things, but we don't fight about it. It's not like the members of school debate clubs typically spend a lot of time at each other's throats.

Debates over worldly matters only cause people to get hurt.
Again, nonsense. "Debate" (which you seem to have conflated into meaning "any disagreement or attempt to change someone's mind") is often necessary to keep people from getting hurt. If my father gets cancer, and I can't change his mind about conventional therapies, it's going to hurt him pretty badly, because sugar pills don't do much in the best of times, and when you have cancer, it's a really bad idea.

It disrupts their peace and causes them to stumble.
Sometimes, this is necessary. Sometimes, what's best for a person is to disrupt their peace, make them stumble, and make them re-evaluate what they believe. If I believe that my neighbor is evil and sinful and deserves to burn in hell for all eternity just because he's gay, my life may very well be made better by realizing that this is an absurd way to look at morality, and an absurd thing to believe.

It may seem like a small thing to you, but this is why we have war and hate.
Actually, a war is what happens when debate and discourse fails. When we cannot figure things out through words, when attempts to change people's minds fails. This is nonsense.

Debate is usually over things that are unnecessary. We need not worry about money because the Lord supplies our needs. We need no science or politics. We have everything we need in the Lord.

"The Lord supplies our needs"? Quit your job and see how well that works out for you. I'm sorry, but this is just demonstrably wrong. You wouldn't last a week without the fruits of science and technology, let alone without anything of worldly value.

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nonsense. I disagree with my friends about a lot of things, but we don't fight about it. It's not like the members of school debate clubs typically spend a lot of time at each other's throats.

Again, nonsense. "Debate" (which you seem to have conflated into meaning "any disagreement or attempt to change someone's mind") is often necessary to keep people from getting hurt. If my father gets cancer, and I can't change his mind about conventional therapies, it's going to hurt him pretty badly, because sugar pills don't do much in the best of times, and when you have cancer, it's a really bad idea.

Sometimes, this is necessary. Sometimes, what's best for a person is to disrupt their peace, make them stumble, and make them re-evaluate what they believe. If I believe that my neighbor is evil and sinful and deserves to burn in hell for all eternity just because he's gay, my life may very well be made better by realizing that this is an absurd way to look at morality, and an absurd thing to believe.

Actually, a war is what happens when debate and discourse fails. When we cannot figure things out through words, when attempts to change people's minds fails. This is nonsense.

"The Lord supplies our needs"? Quit your job and see how well that works out for you. I'm sorry, but this is just demonstrably wrong. You wouldn't last a week without the fruits of science and technology, let alone without anything of worldly value.

Its not nonsense, its the teaching of our Lord. Debate is not spiritual according to the Apostle Paul. I see it in scripture clearly, multiple times.

I see in in effect as well.

Upvote 0