By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟38,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I had one of those experiences today where God asked me to do something that seemed absolutely ridiculous for me to do and something I would not normally do, but God was in it. He had me go see a movie called Nefarious, it is in theaters now. Every human being, Christian or non-Christian, should go see this movie.

Why?
1-Most incredible theologically accurate in-depth explanation of how evil works, evil's work in people's lives (including how it gets entrance), and it's influence on society.
2-Danger of toying with evil.
3-Ignorance of psychiatry, to understand the influence of evil.

It could be summed up as:
The struggle between who God created him to be and who Satan (demons) influenced him to become.

Nefarious the movie centers around a conversation between a condemned inmate and a psychiatrist who must sign off on his execution.

Completely dialogue driven, and you must listen carefully and be attentive to what is being said, almost every bit of the dialogue is packed with truth, (gratefully God made sure I was the only one in the theater when I watched it). No real violence.
Forget this movie's labeling because it's listed as a thriller and a horror movie, but it is far from that. I believe God via the producers wanted to get the attention of a certain type of people that would go to horror movies so the truth could be revealed to them. The description of this movie is very misleading so do not be put off by the description, like I was when I read it, but I knew that God was insisting I go... I trusted God's guidance, and I'm glad I did.

God is everywhere right now attempting to pour out His Truth to believers and non-believers.

By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟38,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I have made this prayer, I have used with people for many years, available at different times on different threads or whenever it was applicable to what someone was going through. In light of what this threads discussion is about I wanted to make it available again.

Prayer for Renouncement of Evil

Heavenly Father I come to you in the name of Jesus. Please hear my prayer because of the work of Christ on the Cross and allow the blood of Christ to cover my every sin and need.

I thank you for your Holiness, your Presence, your omnipotence, and your great love. You as the Creator of all things are worthy of praise and honor for you alone have dominion over all things and people. I thank you for the freewill you have given me and through that freewill, I have erred against you and that is why I seek you today.

I have both knowingly and unknowingly sinned against Your Will and therefore against you. I have both embraced and been exposed to “evil” found in the form of partaking in the things of Satan, the occult, witchcraft, and the like, which your Word makes clear you hate. Having repented of these things and no longer wishing to have anything to do with any of them; I have come to you to seek your forgiveness, to bleed the blood of Jesus over both those sins and the effects upon my life as a result of those sins, and to enter into covenant with you that I will not partake in any of these sins again, nor will I allow myself to be exposed to them. I will flee in the presence of such sins and thus flee from the Enemy. May my change of heart on these matters be full and complete through Your Sovereign Grace.

Father, I ask you now to bring to my remembrance any and all evil you wish me to renounce.

[Pause and allow God to show you anything more you are not aware of to date.]

I now ask in Jesus’ name for your forgiveness of the following sins and I thank you that you are faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.

I plead the precious blood of Jesus over the following sins.

[Now specifically pray for everything God reveals to you, or has revealed to you, and ask forgiveness for each individual act of evil. Pleading the blood of Jesus over each and every act. – Do not pray generically or as a general group of “all evil”, be specific and deal with each category of demonic activity.]

Forgive me for my involvement in __________________ and through the blood of Jesus break the power, thus canceling the effects and affects of this evil on my life.

Forgive me for my exposure to _________________ and through the blood of Jesus break the power, thus canceling the effects and affects of this evil on my life.

Forgive me for _________________ and through the blood of Jesus break the power, thus canceling the effects and affects of this evil on my life.

Forgive me Lord for allowing evil to have any access to my life, mind, heart, soul, and spirit breaking its power and influence in my life forever. Forgive me Lord for all those acts of evil for which my mind and heart cannot recall at this time and break the power of those influences within my life as well, through the blood of Jesus.

Father in the name of Jesus I seek your forgiveness for my participation in evil and the things of your Enemy, Satan. I renounce any and all effects, and affects, of these things and I plead The Blood of Jesus over my life and myself. I ask you to place a hedge of protection around me so that evil and the Enemy can no longer harm or influence me. I ask that you give me an obedient heart so that I might follow Your Will from this moment forward. I ask you to give me eyes to see and discern evil from good and the power to resist the evil. Increase my capacity to understand what you want, and do not want, for me in my daily life.

Jesus cover me with Your Blood as I stand against the works of the Devil.

Satan, I speak to you now through the Blood, and the Power of the Blood, of Jesus. In the name of Jesus, I renounce you and any power or influence you have gained in my life through open doors, doors of evil, which I have opened or that has been opened by events or other people. I am a Child of God and therefore, you have no place or standing in my life. Therefore, by The Blood of Jesus any and all effects and affects you have had on, or have on, my life are now broken, no longer effective, and shall no longer disturb or influence my life. You and your workers, any and all demonic presence must leave my life and I close the door of my spirit to any influence past, present, or future. The Blood of Jesus has broken the power of your work and you are overcome by the Blood of the Lamb. Flee from me now in the Name of Jesus; you no longer have any place in my life.

Jesus, I thank you for your death on the cross and the forgiveness that sacrifice affords me. I thank you for your Blood and the Power over the Enemy that Blood has bought me. I thank you that you have interceded for me with the Father and obtained my forgiveness for these and all my sins. I thank you that through the cross I am set free from the negative and evil effects/affects these acts have had on my life. I am grateful to you for it all and for your love. Thank you for dealing with my Enemy, Satan, and for rendering his work in my life useless and void. I shall always be grateful beyond measure. Father thank you for the Son and the work of the Son. God thank you for your Almighty Provision found in the blessed work of Calvary.

I ask all these things in the precious name of Jesus,

Amen and Amen.

Upvote 0

Justin1029

Jul 27, 2023
Shenandoah Valley
✟11,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
I had one of those experiences today where God asked me to do something that seemed absolutely ridiculous for me to do and something I would not normally do, but God was in it. He had me go see a movie called Nefarious, it is in theaters now. Every human being, Christian or non-Christian, should go see this movie.

Why?
1-Most incredible theologically accurate in-depth explanation of how evil works, evil's work in people's lives (including how it gets entrance), and it's influence on society.
2-Danger of toying with evil.
3-Ignorance of psychiatry, to understand the influence of evil.

It could be summed up as:
The struggle between who God created him to be and who Satan (demons) influenced him to become.

Nefarious the movie centers around a conversation between a condemned inmate and a psychiatrist who must sign off on his execution.

Completely dialogue driven, and you must listen carefully and be attentive to what is being said, almost every bit of the dialogue is packed with truth, (gratefully God made sure I was the only one in the theater when I watched it). No real violence.
Forget this movie's labeling because it's listed as a thriller and a horror movie, but it is far from that. I believe God via the producers wanted to get the attention of a certain type of people that would go to horror movies so the truth could be revealed to them. The description of this movie is very misleading so do not be put off by the description, like I was when I read it, but I knew that God was insisting I go... I trusted God's guidance, and I'm glad I did.

God is everywhere right now attempting to pour out His Truth to believers and non-believers.
Hello! This movie rocked me to the core. My testimony video is on YouTube under my name, Justin Sturz. My whole life I have dealt with spiritual warfare, which reached a very powerful and frightening level of intensity last year for 4 and 2/3 months. This movie, which I saw for the first time night before last (pre-ordered from Amazon), struck so close to home in some aspects that I had to pause the movie several times to take some deep breaths and regroup. I feel so badly for people that are not saved in general, but especially unbelievers that have opened themselves up to demonic oppression or possession through sin and/or occult involvement, and who have no Holy Spirit protection over their lives.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
35 percent on Rotten Tomatoes? That doesn't bode well.

Augustine answered why people are evil a long, long time ago. Evil isn't caused by demons, it's caused by people being wrapped up with themselves. The worst killers are in fact, people who find it incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to empathize with others, and treat other people as objects and means to their own ends.

Upvote 0

Justin1029

Jul 27, 2023
Shenandoah Valley
✟11,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
35 percent on Rotten Tomatoes? That doesn't bode well.

Augustine answered why people are evil a long, long time ago. Evil isn't caused by demons, it's caused by people being wrapped up with themselves. The worst killers are in fact, people who find it incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to empathize with others, and treat other people as objects and means to their own ends.
We have THREE enemies: Self, Sin and Satan (helped by his demons). Self is the strongest and worst of our enemies. Our weapons are Prayer, the Word of God and Holy Spirit. 35% on Rotten Tomatoes is indicative of the worldviews of non-Christian critics who hate the theological Truths presented in this amazing movie. 94% user rating on Rotten Tomatoes < THAT speaks volumes.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
We have THREE enemies: Self, Sin and Satan (helped by his demons). Self is the strongest and worst of our enemies. Our weapons are Prayer, the Word of God and Holy Spirit. 35% on Rotten Tomatoes is indicative of the worldviews of non-Christian critics who hate the theological Truths presented in this amazing movie. 94% user rating on Rotten Tomatoes < THAT speaks volumes.

The idea that demons cause everything bad in the world is superstition that reflects a Pentecostal worldview, it is not universal among Christians.

Upvote 0

Justin1029

Jul 27, 2023
Shenandoah Valley
✟11,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Please re-read my post. I said we have THREE enemies: Self, Sin and Satan, in that order. Self is far worse than Satan, but he can and does use it mightily. Despite my testimony, I do not think that demons "cause EVERYTHING" bad in the world." But Spiritual Warfare is real and continual, all around us.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justin1029

Jul 27, 2023
Shenandoah Valley
✟11,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
They certainly do not, brother!
I am #ReformedANDCharismatic: a balance of Doctrine and Spirit.
Too much Doctrine, and not enough Spirit, you SLOW up.
Too much Sprit, and not enough Doctrine, you BLOW up.
But both Spirit AND Doctrine in the right balance, you GROW up :)
Iron sharpens iron (Proverbs 27:17)
Self and our Sin nature are worse enemies than Satan, for sure!

Upvote 0

la Son

Nov 9, 2023
Dennison
✟907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Celibate
The idea that demons cause everything bad in the world is superstition that reflects a Pentecostal worldview, it is not universal among Christians.
Just read your response about demons being superstition.
That's an interesting take as you applied it to a church denomination
Can you enlighten me on what you mean?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A dear friend of mine was delivered from demons revolving around superstition. She grew up in a family that believed in such things. The demon started hiding places. In her chest, then down to the stomach, and finally out the top of her head. The deliverance minister used the method of filling the body part with the blood of Jesus. He chased it around her body until if fled. My friend reacted to each place it ran, and the deliverance minister cast it appropriately. Amazing thing to see.

Upvote 0

la Son

Nov 9, 2023
Dennison
✟907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Celibate
A dear friend of mine was delivered from demons revolving around superstition. She grew up in a family that believed in such things. The demon started hiding places. In her chest, then down to the stomach, and finally out the top of her head. The deliverance minister used the method of filling the body part with the blood of Jesus. He chased it around her body until if fled. My friend reacted to each place it ran, and the deliverance minister cast it appropriately. Amazing thing to see.
Thats Rad

So let me get this correct:
Your friend's parents had beliefs that made the demon attack her because they focused on it and it came?
Are you saying that other Christians don't believe in demons at all?
Got me mixed up
So many denominations and beliefs.IDK how y'all keep track of other camps and managing your own while big brother in Rome runs things.
One more time buddy
I will understand you. One more shot.
You believe or don't. Then about the Pentecostal plz

Upvote 0

Justin1029

Jul 27, 2023
Shenandoah Valley
✟11,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Hi, brother :) The OP states, "The idea that demons cause everything bad in the world is superstition", not that demons themselves are superstition ("Just read your response about demons being superstition"). There is a difference. My deliverance testimony is on YouTube under my name "Justin Sturz" as posted on the Small Voice Ministries channel. I am Reformed AND Charismatic, so I embrace both camps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 23, 2023
Eagle, Id
✟10,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I recently read this book, and found it very interesting.

Certainly we are sinful and evil on our own, and cannot blame every bad thing we do or experience on demons. However, when we harbor secret / unconfessed sins, or we have strongholds of emotional baggage in our hearts we cling to instead of giving those burdens to Christ, that leaves us vulnerable to demonic influences.

Reactions: Justin1029
Upvote 0

Justin1029

Jul 27, 2023
Shenandoah Valley
✟11,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
I recently read this book, and found it very interesting.

Certainly we are sinful and evil on our own, and cannot blame every bad thing we do or experience on demons. However, when we harbor secret / unconfessed sins, or we have strongholds of emotional baggage in our hearts we cling to instead of giving those burdens to Christ, that leaves us vulnerable to demonic influences.
The link is non-existent. Amazon censorship?

Upvote 0
Oct 23, 2023
Eagle, Id
✟10,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is also an excellent sermon series on the armor of God by pastor Tony Evans that I would highly recommend to every believer. It is on right now media if you have access to that. You can also get it here:

There was a particularly powerful analogy of cleaning your house. In a nutshell, he likens demons to cockroaches, and talks about how if you “clean house” by just shoving everything in the closet, the roaches still have stuff to feed on. You need to let the holy spirit clean out your closets to get rid of the roaches.

It looks like he also has a YouTube series but I haven’t watched that one yet so I don’t know if it’s the same, but I imagine there would be some similarities.

Reactions: Justin1029
Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟275,302.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have made this prayer, I have used with people for many years, available at different times on different threads or whenever it was applicable to what someone was going through. In light of what this threads discussion is about I wanted to make it available again.

Prayer for Renouncement of Evil

Heavenly Father I come to you in the name of Jesus. Please hear my prayer because of the work of Christ on the Cross and allow the blood of Christ to cover my every sin and need.

I thank you for your Holiness, your Presence, your omnipotence, and your great love. You as the Creator of all things are worthy of praise and honor for you alone have dominion over all things and people. I thank you for the freewill you have given me and through that freewill, I have erred against you and that is why I seek you today.

I have both knowingly and unknowingly sinned against Your Will and therefore against you. I have both embraced and been exposed to “evil” found in the form of partaking in the things of Satan, the occult, witchcraft, and the like, which your Word makes clear you hate. Having repented of these things and no longer wishing to have anything to do with any of them; I have come to you to seek your forgiveness, to bleed the blood of Jesus over both those sins and the effects upon my life as a result of those sins, and to enter into covenant with you that I will not partake in any of these sins again, nor will I allow myself to be exposed to them. I will flee in the presence of such sins and thus flee from the Enemy. May my change of heart on these matters be full and complete through Your Sovereign Grace.

Father, I ask you now to bring to my remembrance any and all evil you wish me to renounce.

[Pause and allow God to show you anything more you are not aware of to date.]

I now ask in Jesus’ name for your forgiveness of the following sins and I thank you that you are faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.

I plead the precious blood of Jesus over the following sins.

[Now specifically pray for everything God reveals to you, or has revealed to you, and ask forgiveness for each individual act of evil. Pleading the blood of Jesus over each and every act. – Do not pray generically or as a general group of “all evil”, be specific and deal with each category of demonic activity.]

Forgive me for my involvement in __________________ and through the blood of Jesus break the power, thus canceling the effects and affects of this evil on my life.

Forgive me for my exposure to _________________ and through the blood of Jesus break the power, thus canceling the effects and affects of this evil on my life.

Forgive me for _________________ and through the blood of Jesus break the power, thus canceling the effects and affects of this evil on my life.

Forgive me Lord for allowing evil to have any access to my life, mind, heart, soul, and spirit breaking its power and influence in my life forever. Forgive me Lord for all those acts of evil for which my mind and heart cannot recall at this time and break the power of those influences within my life as well, through the blood of Jesus.

Father in the name of Jesus I seek your forgiveness for my participation in evil and the things of your Enemy, Satan. I renounce any and all effects, and affects, of these things and I plead The Blood of Jesus over my life and myself. I ask you to place a hedge of protection around me so that evil and the Enemy can no longer harm or influence me. I ask that you give me an obedient heart so that I might follow Your Will from this moment forward. I ask you to give me eyes to see and discern evil from good and the power to resist the evil. Increase my capacity to understand what you want, and do not want, for me in my daily life.

Jesus cover me with Your Blood as I stand against the works of the Devil.

Satan, I speak to you now through the Blood, and the Power of the Blood, of Jesus. In the name of Jesus, I renounce you and any power or influence you have gained in my life through open doors, doors of evil, which I have opened or that has been opened by events or other people. I am a Child of God and therefore, you have no place or standing in my life. Therefore, by The Blood of Jesus any and all effects and affects you have had on, or have on, my life are now broken, no longer effective, and shall no longer disturb or influence my life. You and your workers, any and all demonic presence must leave my life and I close the door of my spirit to any influence past, present, or future. The Blood of Jesus has broken the power of your work and you are overcome by the Blood of the Lamb. Flee from me now in the Name of Jesus; you no longer have any place in my life.

Jesus, I thank you for your death on the cross and the forgiveness that sacrifice affords me. I thank you for your Blood and the Power over the Enemy that Blood has bought me. I thank you that you have interceded for me with the Father and obtained my forgiveness for these and all my sins. I thank you that through the cross I am set free from the negative and evil effects/affects these acts have had on my life. I am grateful to you for it all and for your love. Thank you for dealing with my Enemy, Satan, and for rendering his work in my life useless and void. I shall always be grateful beyond measure. Father thank you for the Son and the work of the Son. God thank you for your Almighty Provision found in the blessed work of Calvary.

I ask all these things in the precious name of Jesus,

Amen and Amen.
You should really provide a reference where you took this from.

Upvote 0